2005 boys thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone knows the Revs are terrible. I wouldn’t be boasting about beating them anyway.

Comment

someone said seacoast academy hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Lies.
        Fact 6-1- Ask MH?

Comment

I’m shocked that a boys thread has lasted this long on TS.
          Go find the boys 2002 thread....that was a crazy one

Comment

2005 is a tough year to compare teams across the spectrum. 2002-2004 had some very strong teams at GPS , NEFC, etc. but with 2005, the best teams were really the DA teams, now MLS next. People on this site can debate the merits of Surf, Valeo, NEFC, Juventus, or whoever else, and there are some very good individual players on all these teams, but anyone who really knows the 2005 age group knows that the overall quality of the academy teams is better. There are plenty of kids that shouldn’t be on them and are interchangeable with kids on the other clubs, but they would still beat the non-MLS next teams 9 out of 10 times head to head and are better quality today. Maybe this changes over time, and might be different with other age groups but this is the case with 2005.

Comment

The problem with trying to determine who's top of the pyramid in this age group is you can't use any stats after Labor Day 2019. Most of the 05 teams have only played limited competitive soccer since they entered HS. Sure, a few tournaments hear and there. If you want to speculate, sure NEFC ECNL and Bolts ECNL are top tier since they are essentially DA teams. Stars ECNL is playing over there heads. Juventus is 1/2 the old GPS Red NPL team, the other half is now Surf. This will be building year for both. Steel United (formerly FCUSA) is decent but not a competitor. SPOL had strong 18/19 season but has only played couple tourneys since. VALEO, Hammer and Bolts West Black are very strong teams and will be top of the now watered down NPL.

Comment

The ECNL teams are not “ essentially DA teams”. For NEFC, it is their top team, for Bolts its their 2nd team. Neither is super competitive with the “DA” teams.

Comment

The problem with trying to determine who's top of the pyramid in this age group is you can't use any stats after Labor Day 2019. Most of the 05 teams have only played limited competitive soccer since they entered HS. Sure, a few tournaments hear and there. If you want to speculate, sure NEFC ECNL and Bolts ECNL are top tier since they are essentially DA teams. Stars ECNL is playing over there heads. Juventus is 1/2 the old GPS Red NPL team, the other half is now Surf. This will be building year for both. Steel United (formerly FCUSA) is decent but not a competitor. SPOL had strong 18/19 season but has only played couple tourneys since. VALEO, Hammer and Bolts West Black are very strong teams and will be top of the now watered down NPL.
                  Just for the record, Steel United who is “decent but not a competitor” beat SPOL who “had a strong 18/19 season” head to head in state cup finals that season.

Comment

2005 is a tough year to compare teams across the spectrum. 2002-2004 had some very strong teams at GPS , NEFC, etc. but with 2005, the best teams were really the DA teams, now MLS next. People on this site can debate the merits of Surf, Valeo, NEFC, Juventus, or whoever else, and there are some very good individual players on all these teams, but anyone who really knows the 2005 age group knows that the overall quality of the academy teams is better. There are plenty of kids that shouldn’t be on them and are interchangeable with kids on the other clubs, but they would still beat the non-MLS next teams 9 out of 10 times head to head and are better quality today. Maybe this changes over time, and might be different with other age groups but this is the case with 2005.
                    Agreed.

Comment

Just for the record, Steel United who is “decent but not a competitor” beat SPOL who “had a strong 18/19 season” head to head in state cup finals that season.
                      I hate to break it to you, but Steel United or FCUSA or whatever this year‘s name is, won that game because SPOL wasn’t giving it 100%. SPOL was already going to ENPL Nationals so they would have had to pay a hefty fine to get out of Region 1 championships.
                      I’m not saying Steel sucks, they’re just decent.

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but Steel United or FCUSA or whatever this year‘s name is, won that game because SPOL wasn’t giving it 100%. SPOL was already going to ENPL Nationals so they would have had to pay a hefty fine to get out of Region 1 championships.
                        was the aforementioned game a U14 game? Wonder how of the kids are still on those teams.

Comment

haha, thanks SPOL dad. You're funny!

Comment

hahahaha yea, i bet that kids would totall show up to a state championship and not try their hardest

Comment

Didn’t try their hardest

Good one haha

Comment

was the aforementioned game a U14 game? Wonder how of the kids are still on those teams.
                                I can not speak for SPOL but the Steel team is exactly the same with the exception of a couple of players that were added to the roster. The core of that team has been together for a number of years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X