Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeper Training Recommendations

Have a U13 daughter who tells me she's ready to commit to keeper full time. We haven't been super impressed with her current club's keeper training.

What's the general consensus on the best keeper training within an hour's drive of Canton/Easton? Are there specific coaches you would recommend?

For the area I would recommend DB at Scorpions. Reach out and he will evaluate her. My daughter loves him as a keeper coach.

Comment

Was about to recommend the same person.

Comment

select has a great goalie coach. He is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. My daughter trained with him at select and she improved alot. I think he is the only goalie coach on the south shore so it was convenient for us as well as great for my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          select has a great goalie coach. He is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. My daughter trained with him at select and she improved alot. I think he is the only goalie coach on the south shore so it was convenient for us as well as great for my daughter.
          ok ^ select coach. Do they even have a goalie coach anymore?

Comment

Be careful picking a team/club just for the GK coach. Some of the good ones aren't necessarily at the better clubs/teams so there can be tradeoffs. Doing private training or small group training outside of your club is another alternative. That's what a lot of GK's do.

Comment

FC Stars in Lancaster has an excellent GK program

Comment

Be careful picking a team/club just for the GK coach. Some of the good ones aren't necessarily at the better clubs/teams so there can be tradeoffs. Doing private training or small group training outside of your club is another alternative. That's what a lot of GK's do.
                Really? Stars and Scorps have excellent GK coaches and those players definitely don't need any outside training.

Comment

It's out of your hour drive time at rush hour, but you should definitely consider FC Stars. It's worth it for the drive, especially for a U13 player.

Comment

Was about to recommend the same person.
                    Thumbs up for DB at scorpions - my D had been training with him since 7th grade excellent training - excellent record of keepers being recruited!

Comment

Really? Stars and Scorps have excellent GK coaches and those players definitely don't need any outside training.
                      Those clubs won't be options for all will they? Thread OP didn't say what level they're looking for and landing GK spots is tough if the team already has 2 GK they're happy with.

Another consideration for moving a GK is playing time. Some coaches or clubs have 2 GK that get half games, others where the top GK plays most of the time. Happens more at the HS ages. Worst thing ever for a GK development and psyche is to not play.

not the poster

Comment

Those clubs won't be options for all will they? Thread OP didn't say what level they're looking for and landing GK spots is tough if the team already has 2 GK they're happy with.

Another consideration for moving a GK is playing time. Some coaches or clubs have 2 GK that get half games, others where the top GK plays most of the time. Happens more at the HS ages. Worst thing ever for a GK development and psyche is to not play.

not the poster
                        Person asked about training and not spots on higher level teams and the other person commented how the “better clubs” often do not have good training.
                        So I still stand behind both Stars and Scorps offer excellent GK training with solid track records for sending players to D1 schools which translates to good training for all levels.

Comment

My son is in the boys program at fc stars. They train 2x per week goalie. 2x per week with team. In the off season they train 1x per week excluding summers. Multiple times the trainings have been just him and the coach or a couple other goalies. He has been filmed during games with reviews later in the week. IMHO best bang for your buck especially at an expensive club like stars. He has improved dramatically thru the years. (4th year at club) check out a couple practices and make your own decision.

Comment

Above post is what you want. Also ask if they break up GK by age. Older GK shouldn't be in the same group as younger ones (probably split HS age vs <HS). Smaller clubs are more likely to do them together

Comment

Person asked about training and not spots on higher level teams and the other person commented how the “better clubs” often do not have good training.
                              So I still stand behind both Stars and Scorps offer excellent GK training with solid track records for sending players to D1 schools which translates to good training for all levels.
                              Agree! my D signed her letter of intent last month! Excellent training at both clubs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X