Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many players on your kids team?

How many players on your kids team? Please specify league and age level. What do you think the number rostered should be?

U14- 16 including 1 keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How many players on your kids team? Please specify league and age level. What do you think the number rostered should be?
      In my opinion, all 11v11 teams should carry at least 16 players with a goal of carrying 18 because you never know when someone is going to be injured or missing for whatever reason. And one of those players should be a strong backup keeper.

Comment

In my opinion, all 11v11 teams should carry at least 16 players with a goal of carrying 18 because you never know when someone is going to be injured or missing for whatever reason. And one of those players should be a strong backup keeper.
        7 subs seems like a lot. Cuts into each kids playing time maybe more than necessary.

Comment

Not relevant. My child plays the full game and is going D1.

Comment

Wow, doesn't even need another 10 players. Impressive! Must be a stud.

Comment

2008 Dad has entered the chat.

Comment

Bolts. 26 on roster. Luckily he plays

Comment

26 players for 11v11? Wow. If you are a parent with a kid not playing on this roster you need to take a long hard look in the mirror. I couldn’t imagine the need for 15 subs. SMH

Comment

7 subs seems like a lot. Cuts into each kids playing time maybe more than necessary.
                    Are you kidding...... some kids will get 5 min

Comment

That's got to be the U12 RDL team, which is actually 2 teams combined.

Comment

U14 - 15 players total including GK

The kid who gets the least amount of time still plays about 60% of the game.

Comment

That's got to be the U12 RDL team, which is actually 2 teams combined.
                          My son is 15 so bit old for rdl

Comment

U16 - 16 players and 2 keepers. Can pull from a 'feeder' team if necessary. Never more than 16 at a game.

Wouldn't sign up for anything more than that, personally.

Comment

That example was U14. By U14 and certainly quickly after that injuries ramp up in frequency and severity. Also by then PT should start to be earned. Yes players should still be getting meaningful time but not guaranteed equal time. Time to start learning that valuable lesson in life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X