Winter shutdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long is the "pause" supposed to last? My kid is doing zoom practices and it sucks.
    Thinking the other states are not pausing sports why are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How long is the "pause" supposed to last? My kid is doing zoom practices and it sucks.
      Thinking the other states are not pausing sports why are we?
      Gina just announced the "pause" ends on Monday. But also said we're restricted to just our own household. But then referred to the reopening RI website for up to date restrictions. Which implies sports are back on as of Monday. I guess.

After a full spring of zoom practices, our team didn't even pretend that was an option this time around.

Comment

Gina just announced the "pause" ends on Monday. But also said we're restricted to just our own household. But then referred to the reopening RI website for up to date restrictions. Which implies sports are back on as of Monday. I guess.

After a full spring of zoom practices, our team didn't even pretend that was an option this time around.
        Soccer is back. We can practice.. it is better than zooming. No indoor soccer leagues this winter in RI. I doubt there will be any games this winter for high school sports too. The numbers are too high.

Comment

zooming

All the kids will go from Zooming to Surfing

Comment

Are you suggesting Surf players are still practicing in person?

Comment

Are you suggesting Surf players are still practicing in person?
              They were following the rule. Not that there would have been any place to practice even if they had wanted to. They'll be back at it within a week though.

Comment

Soccer is back. We can practice.. it is better than zooming. No indoor soccer leagues this winter in RI. I doubt there will be any games this winter for high school sports too. The numbers are too high.
                Wide World is planning for indoor leagues to start soon. Info should be out next week.

Comment

Absolutely not allowed. Not happening according to current guidelines.

Comment

Wide World of Indoor Sports will be reopening on Monday 12/21/20 for rentals and clinics only as gameplay will currently not be allowed until further notice. We expect gameplay to be allowed sometime in January and are looking forward to starting leagues for both adults and youth back up.

Youth League Session 2 information will be released in the upcoming week

Please reach out if interested in renting field time.
                    CJ@wwois.com

Comment

NJ indoor facilities are open holding "clinics" through 1/2/21.
                      no leagues or team practices are allowed - so teams are outside or running clinics with no club apparel. for NJ gov Murphy, 100 postive cases (no hospitalities) that apparently were from ice hockey practices meant that indoor soccer couldn't happen. lots of indoor facilities are open for rental. travel leagues and practices are set to resume 1/2/21.

Comment

Wide World of Indoor Sports will be reopening on Monday 12/21/20 for rentals and clinics only as gameplay will currently not be allowed until further notice. We expect gameplay to be allowed sometime in January and are looking forward to starting leagues for both adults and youth back up.

Youth League Session 2 information will be released in the upcoming week

Please reach out if interested in renting field time.
                        CJ@wwois.com
                        Nope
                        Not allowed at all. Practices and small group clinics only no games.
                        Stop advertising league. Not allowed at all in RI.

Comment

I’m very frustrated. We had a crap fall season. Maybe a few scrimmages and a few club friendlies between our town and club teams. Lots of practices and really no competition. Now we’ve been paused for three weeks and coming out of this pause is the holidays and a slow reopen to sports. We cannot have games, so no indoor soccer leagues. We cannot play out of state. Is anyone else feeling that our RI athletes are getting the shaft when our neighbors in MA have been playing, competing and practicing all along? I’m about to tell my club we are done. Been wasting money on empty promises since March.

What can RI parents do to support our kids. I don’t want him going back in Feb, March whenever games are allowed and get injured or be out of shape because he hasn’t seen competition in months.

Comment

Nope
                            Not allowed at all. Practices and small group clinics only no games.
                            Stop advertising league. Not allowed at all in RI.
                            If the guidance is 1 person per 150 square feet, I wonder how many players that works out to per field? Is that number (1 person per 150 Sq feet) for indoor sports or just fitness centers

Comment

If the guidance is 1 person per 150 square feet, I wonder how many players that works out to per field? Is that number (1 person per 150 Sq feet) for indoor sports or just fitness centers
                              That works out fine for soccer. An official Futsal court minimum dimensions works out to 4100 sf. (82'x50') That would allow space for 27 players. Indoor soccer fields are larger.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X