Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s a shame Melbourne’s goal at the end didn’t count but they had many other chances to secure a comfortable win. At then end of the day, Viera put their two good chances away, fair play to them. Both teams have tough match ups in the regional quarterfinals. Good luck to both teams, hopefully they have a rematch soon.
    the above about time expiring was referencing the MI/Viera game. On the Mel/Viera game the referee clearly blew the whistle prior to the shot going into the goal. Can't speak to what the official time-keeper or scoreboard said about that one.

Comment

despite maxpreps rankings and even outcomes of certain games I would still say MI top team, Mel #2 Viera #3 but not as big of a gap as I originally thought. Rockledge has moved up to #4 and May even be #3 who knows what would have happened if they played Viera. #5 I would put HT or Satellite, Titusville , West Shore ,and Heritage closing out the rest in no specific order.

Comment

despite maxpreps rankings and even outcomes of certain games I would still say MI top team, Mel #2 Viera #3 but not as big of a gap as I originally thought. Rockledge has moved up to #4 and May even be #3 who knows what would have happened if they played Viera. #5 I would put HT or Satellite, Titusville , West Shore ,and Heritage closing out the rest in no specific order.
        Take out HT and Heritage. HT especially is by far the most overrated side in Brevard. West Shore I would put behind Titusville and then I believe Satellite edges slightly past Titusville.

Comment

I think it was brought up because for at least the last two years there is one or more people from Titusville that cling to a nutty belief that the best players in Brevard all happen to live in Titusville. You don't see that coming from anyplace else in Brevard. So when someone mentions again that the only good players at MI are kids who come from Titusville it is a natural connection to make to the recent posts about how great some current player from Titusville is. Only a few days ago someone made a comment that the mentioned kid single handedly kept Titusville in the game against Bishop Moore. You can scroll back and find it if you are interested. When you say absurd crap like that people will respond. The best players don't need their parents to brag how great they are because the true good players are already widely acknowledged as being good. Sorry but it is a lesson in modesty that should be learned.
          So let me get this straight. You justify trash talking teenagers simply because a completely ANONYMOUS person says someone is a great player. A lesson in modesty? That you need to try to teach someone on a stupid message board? People on my FB are constantly bragging about how awesome their kids are. I don't feel the need to teach them anything. But on this board, the key word is ANONYMOUS. You have no idea who the heck is saying this stuff and yet you think that you are somehow going to teach someone a lesson? You're the one who is nuts. Get a life already and stop crapping on kids.

Comment

So let me get this straight. You justify trash talking teenagers simply because a completely ANONYMOUS person says someone is a great player. A lesson in modesty? That you need to try to teach someone on a stupid message board? People on my FB are constantly bragging about how awesome their kids are. I don't feel the need to teach them anything. But on this board, the key word is ANONYMOUS. You have no idea who the heck is saying this stuff and yet you think that you are somehow going to teach someone a lesson? You're the one who is nuts. Get a life already and stop crapping on kids.
            How is your reading comprehension? Please point out the trash talking of teenagers in the post you are responding to? You consider the statement that there are other good players on MI besides the two from Titusville to be trash talking teenagers? Reads more like I am defending teenagers. I did not say the Titusville boys are not good players. On the contrary. I clearly said they are good solid contributors along with many other solid players at MI and around the county. Clearly you find that insulting because of your need for your kid to be viewed as being on higher level from all others. You don't know it now but there is not a single player in Brevard HS junior/senior classes good enough to make it at professional level. This is not trash talking, it is just someone a little more grounded in reality than you. Lot of good players and amazing talent in my view, but it is a big world with even more amazing talent. You will find out in a couple of years. Make sure your kid goes to college for education first. If he is good enough to play in college he will have a few more years of enjoyment playing the game. After that it is off to work for 30-40 years along with the rest of the current crop of Brevard boys.

Comment

It’s a shame Melbourne’s goal at the end didn’t count but they had many other chances to secure a comfortable win. At then end of the day, Viera put their two good chances away, fair play to them. Both teams have tough match ups in the regional quarterfinals. Good luck to both teams, hopefully they have a rematch soon.
              Melbourne should have no problem dispatching Plant City. Plant City only has one good player. The rest of the team is average at best. If Viera contains the Bloomingdale striker, they should win as well. Looking forward to the third matchup.

Comment

Who will go the furthest in the playoffs?

Comment

Who will go the furthest in the playoffs?
                  Titusville of course, all the rest of the schools have zero talent

Comment

Titusville of course, all the rest of the schools have zero talent
                    True about the rest of the schools, but even Titusville only has one talented player. Fortunately he is so strong he can carry the entire team to victory on his back. He almost did it against Bishop Moore. You can be certain he will not let the team lose again.

Comment

True about the rest of the schools, but even Titusville only has one talented player. Fortunately he is so strong he can carry the entire team to victory on his back. He almost did it against Bishop Moore. You can be certain he will not let the team lose again.
                      which one talented player are you referring to? Could it be the on that was voted florida today athlete of the week? What dedication and commitment some parents have. He won voting by a landslide. In order for someone to get the amount of votes received they would have had to vote every 30 secs, 24 hours a day for 7 days.... or cheated and used a robo voter.

Comment

which one talented player are you referring to? Could it be the on that was voted florida today athlete of the week? What dedication and commitment some parents have. He won voting by a landslide. In order for someone to get the amount of votes received they would have had to vote every 30 secs, 24 hours a day for 7 days.... or cheated and used a robo voter.
                        I voted for the red card kid at Rockledge. It is about time he gets some recognition for all the fights he has started. He probably would have won Brevard athlete of week if he had not swung and missed. I thought the hard kick to the thigh of the goalie would have been enough.

Comment

I voted for the red card kid at Rockledge. It is about time he gets some recognition for all the fights he has started. He probably would have won Brevard athlete of week if he had not swung and missed. I thought the hard kick to the thigh of the goalie would have been enough.
                          we should pull a reddit and get that kid in the paper , it would be hilarious

Comment

People cheat every week. A couple weeks ago someone had over 30 thousand...

Comment

Play off for the boys tonight who in Brevard moves on and who gets to calll it an early season

Comment

Play off for the boys tonight who in Brevard moves on and who gets to calll it an early season
                                MI has two key offense players out of line-up. If Mulberry is good, could be a problem.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X