• Show
Clear All

Thanks for RI scrimmage response. Much appreciated

Comment

MYSA is a bunch of Beta pussies!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        No problem. Here's a link to it: https://www.reopeningri.com/resource...orts_FINAL.pdf

Double check, just in case I got it wrong.

Comment

Why is filed hockey moderate risk?!
          Good question! Because there is not much reasoning behind many of these phases /decisions. Also the people who made the decision have probably never seen the sport play so don’t know it’s full contact just like soccer.

Comment

Rent a field in RI for practice. Your team will have to maintain a stable group of 25, but you’ll be able to play contact and scrimmage amongst yourselves. Better than this joke of a state and their 16 damn phases for nothing.

Faker can go screw.

Comment

Does anyone know what triggers going to Level 2 in the High Risk Sports category?
              the king shall lift thy finger to take notice of which way the wind is blowing and then make his declaration.

Comment

Because Governor Baker was a jv field hockey stud Back in his day!

Comment

You want to know what triggers going to level 2 for high risk sports?
                  Coaches, parents and players who are fed up with the governor telling them they can't run a 1v1 at practice, even though these two kids who would be involved in the 1v1 have been having sleepovers for a month, go for ice cream together every other day and had a pool party with 15 friends over the weekend... or is the governor going to punish the kids for that too?
                  ^^^
                  Absolutely this right here! The question is... has the Mass Youth Soccer president called the re-opening committee and pointed this out to them and the governor?

Comment

I’m sorry. What point am I missing with the ice cream/pool party rant? You want soccer to reopen? I think it’s going to be hundreds if not thousands of phone calls and emails to Mike Borslow at MYSA to get off his A$& and get this Ship moving!!

Comment

Rent a field in RI for practice. Your team will have to maintain a stable group of 25, but you’ll be able to play contact and scrimmage amongst yourselves. Better than this joke of a state and their 16 damn phases for nothing.

Faker can go screw.
                      CT has soccer.

Comment

I’m sorry. What point am I missing with the ice cream/pool party rant? You want soccer to reopen? I think it’s going to be hundreds if not thousands of phone calls and emails to Mike Borslow at MYSA to get off his A$& and get this Ship moving!!
                        While soccer might be deemed high-risk due to it's physical contact nature, kids are already "all over each other" and have been for weeks. So, why can't they at least scrimmage within their own teams?

Comment

Ahhhh ... agreed. Same teams/clubs should be able to scrimmage! 100%. Call that pussy Borslow and put the pressure on him!!!!! Join the movement

Comment

Ahhhh ... agreed. Same teams/clubs should be able to scrimmage! 100%. Call that pussy Borslow and put the pressure on him!!!!! Join the movement
                            I’m light

Comment

Field hockey is a "moderate risk" because, compared to soccer, there are very few players. These are things they won't come out and say but are part of the calculation. They have a picture in their heads of 2000 people collected up in Lancaster for a soccer tournament all sharing one ice cream cone of Covid with sprinkles. There's nothing like that for field hockey so, hey, minimum risk.

Still not sure how having kids who have no statistical risk of being affected practice as a team is banned but having 10,000 adults of at-risk ages gather for a protest is encouraged. Especially when the same people making the decisions are quick to point out that there is no real impact to the numbers from gathers of tens of thousands of protesters in close quarters.

Comment

Good question! Because there is not much reasoning behind many of these phases /decisions. Also the people who made the decision have probably never seen the sport play so don’t know it’s full contact just like soccer.
                                Um have you watched much field hockey?... Field hockey is explicitly a non-contact sport and penalties are given out as such. Obviously any time you have that many people running on the field there is a risk of some contact but it is far different than soccer. Same with girls LAX vs boys LAX.

You could certainly make an argument for adapted rules making soccer a similarly low-contact sport. I for one would be all for it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X