Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son committed today. Don’t believe anyone that says the process is over.
    Congratulations! If he's a '22 the process is FAR from over for those boys.

Comment

Congratulations! If he's a '22 the process is FAR from over for those boys.
      For '22 boys that is a normal timetable, winter/spring and into summer jr year. Stragglers and D3 finish summer into fall

Comment

For '22 boys that is a normal timetable, winter/spring and into summer jr year. Stragglers and D3 finish summer into fall
        It would be normal pre-covid, but it’s an accomplishment in the current recruiting environment.

Comment

With all the recruiting rule changes the last 3 years and with Covid dead period extensions I suspect this new timeline will be the standard. The C/O of 21/22s is the last class where coaches might have had contact with players a couple years ago before it was banned. If I were a 2023/2024 player, make sure to go to ID camps of your top schools. You're going to see a lot of schools offer them as soon as they're allowed and coaches are going to want to get a very good in-person look at perspective recruits versus only watching streamed footage. Not to mention, programs are having budget so be prepared to shell out $$$ to go to their camps. In hindsight, if I had to choose between going to a National Showcase/Tournament or a particular school's camp, I would choose 2 schools for roughly the same cost. The old ways of doing things are not going to work going forward.

Comment

With all the recruiting rule changes the last 3 years and with Covid dead period extensions I suspect this new timeline will be the standard. The C/O of 21/22s is the last class where coaches might have had contact with players a couple years ago before it was banned. If I were a 2023/2024 player, make sure to go to ID camps of your top schools. You're going to see a lot of schools offer them as soon as they're allowed and coaches are going to want to get a very good in-person look at perspective recruits versus only watching streamed footage. Not to mention, programs are having budget so be prepared to shell out $$$ to go to their camps. In hindsight, if I had to choose between going to a National Showcase/Tournament or a particular school's camp, I would choose 2 schools for roughly the same cost. The old ways of doing things are not going to work going forward.
            Good luck with camps this spring, wait until summer.

Comment

It just went off the rails.

Comment

It just went off the rails.
                Spring tournaments better get going on live streaming capabilities.

Comment

With the dead period being extended to May 31 I honestly don't have a clue for how coaches are selecting kids. My son plays at a high level and has a lot of interest...but every coach has said they need more than a game film and highlight reel. They need to see him play.

Comment

Fyi some head coaches had id clinics last summer that were not on their campuses. These were d3 schools (though, strong programs, the one I'm thinking of was in the top 10). So if you have schools of interest it's worth paying close attention to their social media announcements (or, of course, just ask the coach directly).

Comment

Fyi some head coaches had id clinics last summer that were not on their campuses. These were d3 schools (though, strong programs, the one I'm thinking of was in the top 10). So if you have schools of interest it's worth paying close attention to their social media announcements (or, of course, just ask the coach directly).
                      Parents/teams with kids in recruiting age parameters best get going on game footage as soon as there's games. D3 schools can come watch league games and have a lot more leeway than D1, as you said having events off campus if their school won't allow anything on campus (which I think by summer most schools will allow at least a one day/no sleepover event).

ALL athletes better plan on a busy summer of ID events and should start planning their calendars. They also better stay healthy for a strong showing this summer.

Comment

D3 can go watch whoever they want. Dead period is only for D1

Comment

With the dead period being extended to May 31 I honestly don't have a clue for how coaches are selecting kids. My son plays at a high level and has a lot of interest...but every coach has said they need more than a game film and highlight reel. They need to see him play.
                          1000% this. My kid is a keeper on a high level team. He has video from the last 2 years that he has shared he has heard the same thing. "I need to see you play".

He's so frustrated

Comment

D3 can go watch whoever they want. Dead period is only for D1
                            NESCAC can’t

Comment

It’s America for now at least, coaches can go and watch a game whenever they feel like it they just can’t recruit.

Comment

NESCAC can’t
                                NESCAC has its own in-person recruiting dead period. They’re an outlier in Division III soccer...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X