•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STA just cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Even for showcasing the event isn't as prestigious as it used to be. Many top teams don't go, and while they get some ECNL teams they tend to be weaker ones. This year is obviously different and there's a lot of kids desperate to get some exposure, but that still doesn't mean all their families want to go
      It is still a draw for many college coaches.

Comment

It will be Spring season for those colleges playing in the NCAA. Hopefully they will be able to livestream the matches like they did at the recent ECNL Showcase.

Comment

No teams like Tophat, Solar, Sting, Cincinnati or any of the other higher ranking clubs are coming.
          Inaccurate. Solar and Tophat are sending multiple teams.

Comment

Inaccurate. Solar and Tophat are sending multiple teams.
            I see Tophat sending a 2010 and 09 team while Solar is sending the 07 ECRL team (which is in the 2nd bracket with ECNL teams from Maryland United, NCFC, FC Bucks, Charlotte and Atlanta Fire as well as Baltimore Celtic Union GA-How sad would it be if the ECRL team from Texas won out). D'Feeters sent the 07 ECRL as well (6th bracket with Metro United GA) and their 3rd team in the 7th. Any other year each age group would have multiple teams from Texas and GA...Random pull but in 2019 the 08s had 5 teams from Texas in Solar, Sting and Texans as well as Tophat, Cincy and Nationals Oakland. Looking at the brackets just for 08 again but only 2 of the 12 teams from the top bracket have returned and both of them only had wins in the consolation bracket. Barons and what I am assuming is NE Surf post GPS collapse where flight 4.

Just saying doesn't look much like bragging rights being in the top flight at Jeff Cup this year.

Comment

I see Tophat sending a 2010 and 09 team while Solar is sending the 07 ECRL team (which is in the 2nd bracket with ECNL teams from Maryland United, NCFC, FC Bucks, Charlotte and Atlanta Fire as well as Baltimore Celtic Union GA-How sad would it be if the ECRL team from Texas won out). D'Feeters sent the 07 ECRL as well (6th bracket with Metro United GA) and their 3rd team in the 7th. Any other year each age group would have multiple teams from Texas and GA...Random pull but in 2019 the 08s had 5 teams from Texas in Solar, Sting and Texans as well as Tophat, Cincy and Nationals Oakland. Looking at the brackets just for 08 again but only 2 of the 12 teams from the top bracket have returned and both of them only had wins in the consolation bracket. Barons and what I am assuming is NE Surf post GPS collapse where flight 4.

Just saying doesn't look much like bragging rights being in the top flight at Jeff Cup this year.
              Shhhh don't tell the parents that. Winning at Jeff Cup is a great resume padder and justification for your house awesome a coach is. It doesn't matter if you're PSA in the trench flight (every year) or other teams in a top flight (for this year). If you can brag about the win on your instagram page and post pictures of you jumping with the cup then it's automatic dollars. I'm sure the gotsoccer points will roll in as well.

Comment

Not as much for the better programs. Many will have their own spring soccer schedules so live streaming is critical. I'm sure some coaches won't want to travel either.

Comment

Not as much for the better programs. Many will have their own spring soccer schedules so live streaming is critical. I'm sure some coaches won't want to travel either.
                  D1 dead period continues thru April, so it is more for the D2 and D3 colleges.

Comment

D1 dead period continues thru April, so it is more for the D2 and D3 colleges.
                    Coaches can watch games they just can't talk to players. No doubt they will live stream games also (they better if they want to survive).

Comment

Coaches can watch games they just can't talk to players. No doubt they will live stream games also (they better if they want to survive).
                      Lol, survive what? My D (2022) committed in early Fall. She was the first to commit to her school for her class and has become the de facto commitment class captain. Coaches have kept her up to date with additional commitments and have encouraged her to reach out to them to start building bonds. Told her a few weeks ago that their 4th and final commit for her class was solidified and that they were focusing on 2023s that they started tracking before Covid. They are moving right along.

This is not a big time program either, solid mid-major.

Comment

Lol, survive what? My D (2022) committed in early Fall. She was the first to commit to her school for her class and has become the de facto commitment class captain. Coaches have kept her up to date with additional commitments and have encouraged her to reach out to them to start building bonds. Told her a few weeks ago that their 4th and final commit for her class was solidified and that they were focusing on 2023s that they started tracking before Covid. They are moving right along.

This is not a big time program either, solid mid-major.
                        The showcase organizers need to stream the games this year if they want the showcase to survive.

Good to hear about your D tho.

Comment

Can someone explain to me why the Jersey Boca 09s are in the top bracket? I can think of a half dozen teams (at least) just in NJ that can beat them, and another half dozen (at least) between NY and PA. Why would you go down to a tournament like this in the top bracket when you might not even be a top 10 team in your own backyard? Does their coach have that big of a head about the team? Jeff Cup this year isn't going up be nearly as competitive as normal, but they might not even score a goal much less win a game.

Comment

Can someone explain to me why the Jersey Boca 09s are in the top bracket? I can think of a half dozen teams (at least) just in NJ that can beat them, and another half dozen (at least) between NY and PA. Why would you go down to a tournament like this in the top bracket when you might not even be a top 10 team in your own backyard? Does their coach have that big of a head about the team? Jeff Cup this year isn't going up be nearly as competitive as normal, but they might not even score a goal much less win a game.
                            Is this the team that left Toms River/PDA Shore? Maybe they used that connection to get top bracket?

Comment

I feel bad for the kids...the coach and the parents not nearly as much. I have no idea what they are doing in top bracket. There are 15 teams ahead of them in YSR???? Saw them again at end of year in EDP playing up and was so not impressed. They will get demolished. They went from playing good 09 talent to playing up against much lower level. They are physical and have some good players but hardly top bracket material.

Comment

Sorry, just saw this thread because of the other one posted.

I think two things happened to get BOCA 09s in top bracket.

1st and most obvious is the parents and coach requesting top bracket. Not a good idea. It's going to be a murder on any field they play on.

2nd, Richmond Strikers are also in that bracket. Since they host the tournament, they put the easier teams on that side. At least half, if not all of the second group are better teams than BOCA 09s.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X