ECNL/GA - Spring 2021 Solutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth is the poster is correct it is very similar to high school soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So my understanding of the current travel guidelines is Mass teams cannot travel out of state to play and out-of-state teams cannot come into Mass to play. If that is incorrect, please let me know.

If that's still the case come March, the ECNL and GA teams are in a tough spot with just 2 ECNL clubs and 2 GA clubs in Massachusetts. Seems it would make the most sense to create a one season only division for these teams to play each other, no? Each of the 4 clubs have an existing relationship with NEP so maybe NEP could host this division?

Division would include Stars National Blue, Stars National White, Scorpions National, Select GA and NEFC GA. Just not sure where the ECNL Regional teams would play.

Any other possible solutions? My hope is that we can avoid a discussion into whether the guideline are fair, proper, non-sensical, an over-reaction, etc... Simply, if these are the guidelines clubs will be forced to play under, what are the best options in the short-term?
      Interesting thought. Maybe? Or never going to happen?

Comment

Interesting thought. Maybe? Or never going to happen?
        March is a lifetime away in Covid world. Personally I don't make many plans very far out any longer because it's too unpredictable. If numbers improve restrictions will be lifted, plus some adjustments can be made to schedules. It will be fine.

Comment

So my understanding of the current travel guidelines is Mass teams cannot travel out of state to play and out-of-state teams cannot come into Mass to play. If that is incorrect, please let me know.

If that's still the case come March, the ECNL and GA teams are in a tough spot with just 2 ECNL clubs and 2 GA clubs in Massachusetts. Seems it would make the most sense to create a one season only division for these teams to play each other, no? Each of the 4 clubs have an existing relationship with NEP so maybe NEP could host this division?

Division would include Stars National Blue, Stars National White, Scorpions National, Select GA and NEFC GA. Just not sure where the ECNL Regional teams would play.

Any other possible solutions? My hope is that we can avoid a discussion into whether the guideline are fair, proper, non-sensical, an over-reaction, etc... Simply, if these are the guidelines clubs will be forced to play under, what are the best options in the short-term?
          If we can't travel to CT or other NE states that all have essentially the same Covid risk profile by the end of March we're grossly overreacting. Hoping sanity prevails by then but not counting on it. Not a Covid denier or antimasker but the idea someone poses a risk in MA because they step foot in NH for two hours is crazy.

Comment

If we can't travel to CT or other NE states that all have essentially the same Covid risk profile by the end of March we're grossly overreacting. Hoping sanity prevails by then but not counting on it. Not a Covid denier or antimasker but the idea someone poses a risk in MA because they step foot in NH for two hours is crazy.
            by the time the season starts I think traveling for under 24 hours won't be an issue. More than that for tournaments may still require quarantining or a negative test. All workable. If numbers really improve then fewer restrictions. Life has required flexibility for nearly a year and that will continue for awhile.

Comment

We are grossly overreacting right now.

Comment

We are grossly overreacting right now.
                There's no games scheduled now regardless, but some states have a 24 hour rule - stay less than 24 hours you're ok. I think that will change here as numbers improve (and they will).

Comment

by the time the season starts I think traveling for under 24 hours won't be an issue. More than that for tournaments may still require quarantining or a negative test. All workable. If numbers really improve then fewer restrictions. Life has required flexibility for nearly a year and that will continue for awhile.
                  so you are saying in 6 weeks when the season starts everything will be improve substantially ??? Okie dokie then!!I guess Biden is a miracle worker. Who knew! hahahahahahaha
                  you wanna bet your house on that?????? I will.

Comment

Top players should definitely be pushing to get seen closer to home for now. In state schools, whether D1 or not. Hopefully if there are no leagues working the coaches can put the BS aside and schedule series of friendlies and invite local college coaches as a mini, local showcase. Not perfect but not awful as a last resort. My hope is that things lift enough, enough seniors get vaxed that we dont worry as much about those transmissions or burden on medical facilities and the leagues can just play normally.

Comment

so you are saying in 6 weeks when the season starts everything will be improve substantially ??? Okie dokie then!!I guess Biden is a miracle worker. Who knew! hahahahahahaha
                      you wanna bet your house on that?????? I will.
                      Well since COVID does have a timeline, as well as the seasons, the vaccine rollout, etc., etc., yes things could get better in a few weeks.

Comment

Not OP.
                        The players are not really in danger as we know the virus has little effect on youth. The issue was always about spreading to grandma or uncle tony with the diabeetus.

The vaccine rollout *should* alleviate the infection rates on older people, reduce burden on hospitals (where there is any) and by then there is no real reason to not go back to normal. If we arent back to normal, then something nefarious is going on but the curve flattened and with a vaccine available to prevent anotehr wave, we'll be fine.

I'd expect a greater degree of normalcy by March/April.

Comment

Not OP.
                          The players are not really in danger as we know the virus has little effect on youth. The issue was always about spreading to grandma or uncle tony with the diabeetus.

The vaccine rollout *should* alleviate the infection rates on older people, reduce burden on hospitals (where there is any) and by then there is no real reason to not go back to normal. If we arent back to normal, then something nefarious is going on but the curve flattened and with a vaccine available to prevent anotehr wave, we'll be fine.

I'd expect a greater degree of normalcy by March/April.
                          totally agree with above - once number improve restrictions will ease. Some things might not be fully operational (limited capacity still for bars etc) but outside soccer should be absolutely fine.

Comment

This would never happen but i like the out of box thinking. Im a yes for sure although dont hold your breathe.

Comment

Let's get this idea going! Works for me. Finally, GA would be able to show they are as good, if not better, than ECNL! LET'S GO!!

Comment

EDP draft of spring brackets are out. Looks like a lot of regional play probably due to COVID

https://www.gotsport.com/asp/directo...?eventid=82708

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X