Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you do know we are like the only country not on a lock down. When we have a new president he’s already stated first 100 days mask mandate, vaccines will be distributed and we will shut things down for a bit. Probably even schools. So for 100 days don’t expect NEP to be able to start up when we are looking to get serious about Covid.

yea, we definitely saw that the president controls every state's decision, I'm for sure confident thats totally gonna happen. How have you lived through whats happened and still expect the president to have a shutdown????

Comment

This is a Massachusetts sub-forum, what do free states have to do with anything here?
      The poster was prattling about Biden's national mandates. Even Biden isn't stupid enough to presume to tell people in FL and TX what to do, and new england is already essentially closed as it is.

Comment

The poster was prattling about Biden's national mandates. Even Biden isn't stupid enough to presume to tell people in FL and TX what to do, and new england is already essentially closed as it is.
        I mean whats really closed? Capacity is low, but what real effect on most people does this have? Kids arent in school everyday is the big one, but i feel as though a lot of people still are living normally

Comment

You are forgetting a small but important detail... Town Soccer Playoffs and MTOCs! If NEP was to put the start of the season on a delay, it certainly would have to end by the first weekend of June so that there would be no conflict with Town Soccer playoffs and MTOCs, all of which happen in June.

Comment

I mean whats really closed? Capacity is low, but what real effect on most people does this have? Kids arent in school everyday is the big one, but i feel as though a lot of people still are living normally
            This has to be a joke statement or you're a complete idiot. What does closed mean? It means there are plenty of people who are unable to work or IF they are its at a severely restricted basis. People living normally, give me a break tell that to every person who works at restaurants or any other small business that has been closed or had their business model disrupted.

Comment

You are forgetting a small but important detail... Town Soccer Playoffs and MTOCs! If NEP was to put the start of the season on a delay, it certainly would have to end by the first weekend of June so that there would be no conflict with Town Soccer playoffs and MTOCs, all of which happen in June.
              Nobody cares about town soccer but if you do just move them back.

Comment

Nobody cares about town soccer but if you do just move them back.
                Such a dlck comment. My kid isn't in a town league, instead one of the "supah-doopah" leagues, but man....some of you with kids are talented are complete tools. Soccer is a game enjoyed by all, no matter your level.

It's the town leagues and the general populace that will grow this game.

Comment

This has to be a joke statement or you're a complete idiot. What does closed mean? It means there are plenty of people who are unable to work or IF they are its at a severely restricted basis. People living normally, give me a break tell that to every person who works at restaurants or any other small business that has been closed or had their business model disrupted.
                  And yet you listed one example, restaurants. I didn’t know that a majority of people worked in that field. Sooo again, most people (not everyone you twat) aren’t really affected. Blah blah blah here’s some sob story about this one business I heard about... again, stfu, most, not all

Comment

And yet you listed one example, restaurants. I didn’t know that a majority of people worked in that field. Sooo again, most people (not everyone you twat) aren’t really affected. Blah blah blah here’s some sob story about this one business I heard about... again, stfu, most, not all
                    I think unemployment is about 7.5% - still bad but not nearly as bad as the 15%+ in the spring. Problem is people may be working but part time not fulltime and some may never get their old jobs back Certain economic segments are still struggling like restaurants, bars, entertainment, travel. They're open but usually limited capacity (by state). There was some support for small businesses in the last stimulus package but like the first round it's not enough. Commercial/office real estate will never be the same. Companies have see many employees can work from home at least some of the time. Sadly some small businesses may never recover, shuttered for good. But for the most part employers and employees have adjusted, sometimes in very creative ways

Comment

We keep pretending that nothing is happening in this country and keep playing ball and going to school while the rest of the world is shut down. Now I want my kids in school and playing sports, but I can see the next wave coming, the projections don't look good in terms of numbers in late Feb into March. We can pretend it's getting better but the vaccines are not being distributed as fast as this is speading and more mutations to deal with .... long story short. I want us to have a season this spring, but I think if we bury our heads in the sand we will get caught off guard like last March. Why not just plan now to move the spring season back to a May-July season, was it May 3, to July 3, someone mentioned? Just start planning it now. Make schedule changes, move back tournaments, tryouts, contracts, whatever, just start doing it now. Otherwise we will be screwed and have to start cancelling it all again on March and April when the numbers are still bad, and weather is bad. The fact that this isn't a serious plan and discussion shows me that the yankee stubborn mentality is still very strong here. A bunch of old men don't want to risk baseball or football season to be affected so they are adamant to start a spring season in uncertain times.
                      The bigger fall out will be to the clubs. If the season is partially cancelled and games are just scrimmages, and practices end up via zoom... the clubs will lose the rest of the players they managed to keep during the past year. parents are fed up paying for little, so clubs it's really up to you to put pressure on NEP to get the season pushed back to a safer and warmer time of year.

Comment

Get on with living ,restrictions aren’t helping.

Comment

Get on with living ,restrictions aren’t helping.
                          Sure they are ask newsom how Cali and LA county are doing and then compare and contrast with that meanie disantis!

Comment

We keep pretending that nothing is happening in this country and keep playing ball and going to school while the rest of the world is shut down. Now I want my kids in school and playing sports, but I can see the next wave coming, the projections don't look good in terms of numbers in late Feb into March. We can pretend it's getting better but the vaccines are not being distributed as fast as this is speading and more mutations to deal with .... long story short. I want us to have a season this spring, but I think if we bury our heads in the sand we will get caught off guard like last March. Why not just plan now to move the spring season back to a May-July season, was it May 3, to July 3, someone mentioned? Just start planning it now. Make schedule changes, move back tournaments, tryouts, contracts, whatever, just start doing it now. Otherwise we will be screwed and have to start cancelling it all again on March and April when the numbers are still bad, and weather is bad. The fact that this isn't a serious plan and discussion shows me that the yankee stubborn mentality is still very strong here. A bunch of old men don't want to risk baseball or football season to be affected so they are adamant to start a spring season in uncertain times.
                            The bigger fall out will be to the clubs. If the season is partially cancelled and games are just scrimmages, and practices end up via zoom... the clubs will lose the rest of the players they managed to keep during the past year. parents are fed up paying for little, so clubs it's really up to you to put pressure on NEP to get the season pushed back to a safer and warmer time of year.
                            Nothing is getting cancelled. There is no fallout.

Comment

My daughter plays in NPL- sorry GAL snobs she is isnt good enough to play GAL and season is starting on time.

Comment

My daughter plays in NPL- sorry GAL snobs she is isnt good enough to play GAL and season is starting on time.
                                yes season starts on time and its a full season. and to the GA snob dad, your daughter will be joining the league soon enough! Have fun in GA while it lasts another year or two.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X