Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you have seen a coach do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One year with GPS (our only year), we had 5 coaches although a couple never showed up at all. Of those who did, only one was half-decent but he only was there for about 6 practices and 3 games. The other two were complete disasters. One was a fat British guy who didn’t show up half the time, including games, and spent the time screaming nonsense like “who’s got the ball?” and “what are you doing?” over and over at games. One time he missed the first half of the game so a parent stepped in to coach. He showed up at halftime and asked the parent what he was doing and the parent told him “your job!”. Fat British coach left and we never saw him again. The other disaster was a Middle Eastern guy who I think was named Mustafa. It was clear he never coached before. He would whisper directions at practice and no one could hear him. He lasted a couple practices and then disappeared. And guesses why GPS isn’t around anymore?
    I've coached games against GPS where their players have come up to me to ask if I was their coach for that game.

Comment

I've coached games against GPS where their players have come up to me to ask if I was their coach for that game.
      This really isn’t funny, but I just laughed out loud for 5 minutes after reading this.

Comment

My son played GPS two years ago. Literally had 4 coaches in one Spring season. Never introduced themselves either. They would turn up to games and then just leave straight on the whistle

Comment

My daughter had a coach who kept dragging the team from one club to the next, literally 3 clubs in 3 seasons. Finally had enough and half of the team left him.

Comment

Had a coach turn up to tournament drunk last year. I swear the guy was swaying back and forth. I smelt the alcohol on him as I walked past him.

Comment

My daughter had a coach who kept dragging the team from one club to the next, literally 3 clubs in 3 seasons. Finally had enough and half of the team left him.
              Plus, SM is a friggin' lunatic....

Comment

What's the craziest thing you have seen a coach do?

Had a coach turn up to tournament drunk last year. I swear the guy was swaying back and forth. I smelt the alcohol on him as I walked past him.
                a couple years ago we played a team that had a former player on the team.
                when the game was over (it was a tough game) our coach grabbed his former player picked him up and gave him a hug (coach was just excited and happy to see a former player, everything was fine the parents of the kid, the coach and all parents of the team know each other and we are all friends).

The other coach went ballistic!!!!: "you don't put your hands on my player!!!!!!"
                our coach (he is not shy): "he was my player first! why do you think hes your best player? your just a sore loser!!!"

parents had to separate the coaches!
                good times.

Comment

Plus, SM is a friggin' lunatic....
                  And with each club, came a new tacky tattoo.

Comment

totally funny. Made me laugh but c'mon this isn't true!

Comment

My son played GPS two years ago. Literally had 4 coaches in one Spring season. Never introduced themselves either. They would turn up to games and then just leave straight on the whistle
                      And this sums up the former GPS! This story is sad but GPS was a complete joke. Good riddance!

Comment

totally funny. Made me laugh but c'mon this isn't true!
                        I swear to God it's true.

Comment

I swear to God it's true.
                          I've seen JD at Stars kick a chair and then yell at it- like the chair did anything to him!

Comment

I've seen JD at Stars kick a chair and then yell at it- like the chair did anything to him!
                            A former GPS coach (long gone back to the UK) take his shoe off and hurl it into the middle of the field at the ref.....didn’t like the call. Loved that coach.

Comment

Saw a coach from Galway have a scrap with a mass city coach a year or two ago.

That was entertaining

Comment

I’ve seen the hierarchy at Scorpions tag-team on more than one occasion.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X