Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lots of long-time residents on this site.
    Welcome to our Village, idiot.
    Glory days......you know how the rest goes.

Comment

Well hello, village idiots.

Comment

This is exactly right. The 70+ reference was while she was a sophomore
        In a playoff situation or games against two top teams 70 isn't a crazy number at all. Figure each player has reached out to several coaches each, times however many players on the two teams, plus others who just come to watch a good match and see if there's someone they might want to reach out to. No coaches don't window shop generally, but if they're there to see someone specific and another player catches their eye they may reach out later.

Comment

So your superstar kid is long past the recruiting days, and your are still coming on the TS to blabber on. Okay mate!
          Some people like info from people who have been thru it; I know we appreciated it at that time. You obviously know everything with your little B-teamer. Good luck.

Comment

No coaches don't window shop generally, but if they're there to see someone specific and another player catches their eye they may reach out later.
            This is exactly how my daughter was recruited. I saw a coach walking by wearing his school top. His head was somewhat on a swivel, looking at games as he was heading to, I assume, a game he wanted to watch. There was commotion at my daughter's game, he turned (he was about 10' from me) and stopped to watch. My daughter, god bless her, put together an amazing sequence while he was watching. He stopped for about 5 minutes, watched the game, went through some papers, and continued on his way.

We got notified through our Coach a couple of days later they were interested in her. Long story short, that's where she ended up. Neither were on each other's radar before that moment (according to information provided to me).

Comment

I thought I saw a whiff of that too.

But I still think the post was right on target.
              The thought crossed my mind as well reading a few of the comments. But usually this deep into a thread he's gone well off the deep end and has revealed himself

Comment

Some people like info from people who have been thru it; I know we appreciated it at that time. You obviously know everything with your little B-teamer. Good luck.
                Who are you kidding? Nobody is here for information.

Comment

This is exactly how my daughter was recruited. I saw a coach walking by wearing his school top. His head was somewhat on a swivel, looking at games as he was heading to, I assume, a game he wanted to watch. There was commotion at my daughter's game, he turned (he was about 10' from me) and stopped to watch. My daughter, god bless her, put together an amazing sequence while he was watching. He stopped for about 5 minutes, watched the game, went through some papers, and continued on his way.

We got notified through our Coach a couple of days later they were interested in her. Long story short, that's where she ended up. Neither were on each other's radar before that moment (according to information provided to me).
                  Absolutely plausible. Rarely has the fairytale finish but congrats.
                  Much more common is coaches are at game for a purpose, but they know what they like.
                  Not saying it's necessary, but it does help if they already know club team and coach, and send emails on Monday anyway and just add an "also impressed by..." to the end that coach forwards. Then its on player to respond however she wants within recruiting rules

Comment

Who are you kidding? Nobody is here for information.
                    Sure they are
                    The entire 2007 and 2008 threads are already starting the measuring contest to figure out how their girls do better then the 02/03 girls graduating this spring

Comment

That’s right. One thing I do know, is that in 10 years from now, my b teamer will be playing on the same league as your “a” teamer. That would be the after work, co-Ed , 20 something beer league.

Comment

Absolutely plausible. Rarely has the fairytale finish but congrats.
                        Much more common is coaches are at game for a purpose, but they know what they like.
                        Not saying it's necessary, but it does help if they already know club team and coach, and send emails on Monday anyway and just add an "also impressed by..." to the end that coach forwards. Then its on player to respond however she wants within recruiting rules
                        It can happen that way or they were watching someone else. They typically won't go hard sell on it though. Chances are there are reasons the player never reached out to them - not the right soccer or academic fit, location etc. The coach will reach out and give it a shot but they're not expecting much.

Comment

That’s right. One thing I do know, is that in 10 years from now, my b teamer will be playing on the same league as your “a” teamer. That would be the after work, co-Ed , 20 something beer league.
                          Hahahahahahaha too funny....and true

Comment

you know what they say....once on the cesspool of TS....you will never, ever, ever leave the site!

Comment

I think everybody is forgetting this one important point.

you need full rosters in order to make the budget work. Meaning regardless of the number of players on the roster, the coaches fee, and any other fee's remain the same.

9v9 teams need 15
                              11 v 11 need 18

its a sad fact but its reality.
                              Those roster sizes are not conducive to player development. If your budget is that high then it is likely some combination of the following

The coaches are paid too much

The director of coaching is paid too much

There is too much overhead/non coaching staff

Some of the better players are getting free or heavily discounted fees

The club owner is running the club for a profit.

It is ironic that many of these clubs have paid to be classified as a Players' First Club. Seems to be a dubious marketing scheme at best.

Comment

you went back to a post from December? To drag up a dead horse? And then didn't even mention the club you wanted to complain about?

smh

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X