Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mandate from Murphy on Masks

So how will soccer clubs handle the new outdoor mask mandate coming from Murphy? Will he make an exception for aerobic activity? Will our kids be playing with masks on? Will be interesting....

Might put everything on hold for now. Not sure

Comment

He seems to be talking about large crowds like protests where you can’t keep distance. I think sports still ok.

Comment

Any parent who would allow their kid to wear a mask while playing soccer needs to have their head examined.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Any parent who would allow their kid to wear a mask while playing soccer needs to have their head examined.
          They are making this up as they go . No clear guidelines and who would be in charge of enforcing any of this . Every they put out is vague at best .

Comment

He seems to be talking about large crowds like protests where you can’t keep distance. I think sports still ok.
            While a little contradictory, since you can't distance in soccer--it seems from the Q&A during the press conference right now outdoor sports and exercise would be exempt but he was a little non-committal so I guess we will have to wait for the Executive Order to be published.

Comment

Agree. These backward steps not a good sign though. Nj might not be able to hold this thing at the border. Hopefully we keep moving forward.

Comment

While a little contradictory, since you can't distance in soccer--it seems from the Q&A during the press conference right now outdoor sports and exercise would be exempt but he was a little non-committal so I guess we will have to wait for the Executive Order to be published.
                Or we can use our brains and say no way is my kid playing soccer in the heat with a mask on. People are out of their minds if they would allow their kid to play soccer in a mask - claim a medical exception such as asthma. Zero common sense, to play soccer in a mask. Can’t even believe anyone would contemplate allowing it.

Comment

No silly. I don’t believe Murphy is requiring masks for sports. We’ll have to wait for order to be certain. Unless he clarifies before.

Or we can use our brains and say no way is my kid playing soccer in the heat with a mask on. People are out of their minds if they would allow their kid to play soccer in a mask - claim a medical exception such as asthma. Zero common sense, to play soccer in a mask. Can’t even believe anyone would contemplate allowing it.

Comment

No. Riots, Arson, Looting, Robbery, Violent Protests are Exempt - Hopefully Sports will be too

Comment

My comment was specific as to whether sports would be included/excluded from the mandate and not whether I would let my kid play soccer with a mask. You seem to be already going down that path...I will wait until there is actual guidance and then appropriately determine my family's next steps, however I won't look to you or TS for advice on that one. You remind me of the all of the other people that listen to the Governor's broadcasts and comment with nonsense that is only half accurate.

Comment

They have took so much away from our kids already, really hope soccer carry’s on it’s my daughters normal and I just feel like they are outside no need to be so ridiculous parents by all means wear masks that’s fine, NJ has suffered enough I think

Comment

"...Murphy said athletes playing youth sports also won’t be required to wear masks."

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...rphy-says.html

Guessing there will be masks on the bench and sidelines though.

Comment

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2020/07/g...rom%20%251%24s

Check out the pics embedded in the story. He was violating his own social distance requirements without a mask at a bar sucking up to voters.
                            Do as I say not as I do...sure putz.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X