Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone committed to their team but still looking to move

Has anyone committed to their previous team with the risk of being left out, but are still looking to go to another club?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Has anyone committed to their previous team with the risk of being left out, but are still looking to go to another club?
    Didn't commit but still worried about spot. Kid plays for GA team and has been asked to move to ECNL team but financial troubles have already cost her current team as they sell parents on the lack of funds. How does a club that keeps the money, gets credits for league and tournaments not played get to say they don't have funds for refunds? You think getting $300-$400 back is bad how about less than 1/3rd of that and only as a credit to next year.

End Rant - Anyway, you shouldn't stay on a team just because of the current situation and worrying about where D will play. Make a plan, make a list of teams and go from there.

Comment

Yes. We think we were sold BS about GA. Most kids now are switching commitment to play HS after club was trying to make it difficult. Can’t get any straight answers on who will play up or play with us during the season. Feeling we made a mistake but not sure yet. Radar is up. Feels like musical chairs.

Comment

If there’s anyone out there thinking everything’s good, we’re ok, they’re kidding themselves. You have to stay safe, be cautious, be flexible, and above all things, be positive.
        First, your child, you need to work with them and tell them to keep improving their games. As a side note to school, the planning is all over the place, which is good news.
        Everyone’s family situation is different, leading to a different set of caution. If you live with grandparents, naturally, your child is probably not practicing yet. You’ve seen that the over 65 age group is where most of illnesses and deaths occurred. The virus has ravaged families.
        Next, school has good intentions, they are meeting and planning. I don’t envy them.
        So what do you think your club is doing? Planning too. And, they probably are all under water. If you are on Talking Soccer, you are probably competitive parents that want to hear it all. You think everyone is in the same boat, well, they’re not.
        The one key poll is this: 76% of adults are concerned about the coronavirus.
        And in the Southern States, the cases are skyrocketing.
        Keep your options open, and be understanding about financial hardships. And share any news you have, because I think everyone is in the same boat.

Comment

If there’s anyone out there thinking everything’s good, we’re ok, they’re kidding themselves. You have to stay safe, be cautious, be flexible, and above all things, be positive.
          First, your child, you need to work with them and tell them to keep improving their games. As a side note to school, the planning is all over the place, which is good news.
          Everyone’s family situation is different, leading to a different set of caution. If you live with grandparents, naturally, your child is probably not practicing yet. You’ve seen that the over 65 age group is where most of illnesses and deaths occurred. The virus has ravaged families.
          Next, school has good intentions, they are meeting and planning. I don’t envy them.
          So what do you think your club is doing? Planning too. And, they probably are all under water. If you are on Talking Soccer, you are probably competitive parents that want to hear it all. You think everyone is in the same boat, well, they’re not.
          The one key poll is this: 76% of adults are concerned about the coronavirus.
          And in the Southern States, the cases are skyrocketing.
          Keep your options open, and be understanding about financial hardships. And share any news you have, because I think everyone is in the same boat.
          What the h@ll are you talking about?

Comment

What the h@ll are you talking about?

LOL. I was thinking the same thing

Comment

LOL. I was thinking the same thing
              that's a coach. you need to excuse him for being an idiot.

Comment

Yes. We think we were sold BS about GA. Most kids now are switching commitment to play HS after club was trying to make it difficult. Can’t get any straight answers on who will play up or play with us during the season. Feeling we made a mistake but not sure yet. Radar is up. Feels like musical chairs.
                Correct GA is very unstable and it’s hard to get straight answers about who is staying who’s going.

Comment

I think the difference is if you signed a contract/paid a deposit. If you didn't but gave a verbal/email commitment only, then I think you are free to do whatever you need to do. On that same subject though, be prepared for some heartache/burned bridges if you do this without a good reason. That's just my opinion (of course), but I wouldn't make a switch lightly.

Comment

Same here. We have to be at the same GA club. So many kids are just playing HS now after I asked around the team. It will be beg and borrow rosters all fall if we play. My daughters HS team is subpar but it's looking like it might have to be the option.

Comment

We had committed to a GDA, now GA club right before the shutdown. We are now kicking ourselves and are bringing our daughter to tryouts next week for a different club

Comment

Same here. We have to be at the same GA club. So many kids are just playing HS now after I asked around the team. It will be beg and borrow rosters all fall if we play. My daughters HS team is subpar but it's looking like it might have to be the option.
                        North or South Jersey

Comment

We had committed to a GDA, now GA club right before the shutdown. We are now kicking ourselves and are bringing our daughter to tryouts next week for a different club
                          Did you have to pay money up front?

Comment

Did you have to pay money up front?
                            Yes, We have canceled our credit card, so we will be out our deposit

Comment

that's a coach. you need to excuse him for being an idiot.
                              So what if I am a coach, excuse you for being an idiot thinking the only business or activity affected by the virus is soccer.
                              Take your son and daughter wherever you want, and think things are going to be different anywhere else. Every parent thinks their child is going to go pro.
                              Good luck with that! Enjoy your COVID-19 Americans, you deserve it!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X