Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1) You only need to buy home and away jersey, shorts, socks, training t-shirt. That’s all. Ask your coach.
    2) Adidas, Nike, Under Armour all discontinue styles to force clubs to change.
    3) Clubs don’t have their own provider for clothing, they ALL need to go through a 3rd party for merchandise. It’s not the club’s fault, it’s PART of how youth soccer in the US is a business. And the club will get a small %. Very small, especially if there are not many small businesses that do retail in an area.
    4) Dick’s Sporting Goods was trying to get into the “Team Sports” business. But, they couldn’t handle the customization, think about all the teams that need jerseys before a specific date. It’s crazy planning.
    * it’s not only soccer, it’s basketball, baseball, field hockey, we are “talking soccer“ but the issue of uniforms cuts across all sports programs. Retailers offer the organization a small fee to bring all the business to them. Most clubs are run by volunteers, it’s NOT their day job.
    Finally, I want to say that the expectations are completely unreasonable here. Please think of this as a 2-way street. Volunteer and you will find out how much is a racket and how much is not.
    With that in mind, $350 is nothing for a full kit, and somebody already mentioned some clubs have an annual kit fee even if they make ZERO changes.
    At CSA, $500 was the annual fee, and that’s more in line with conditions nationwide.
    If this is too much for you, go back to rec soccer. What equipment do you need in soccer? A ball, cleats and shin guards?
    Look at football, baseball, hockey, field hockey and lacrosse, those parents would laugh at someone thinking $350 was too much.
    Agree with all the points except one: CSA and the like, are they run by volunteers? I thought only town clubs are running by volunteers.

Comment

Agree with all the points except one: CSA and the like, are they run by volunteers? I thought only town clubs are running by volunteers.
      All clubs and academies make use of some “volunteer“ work, through work bond, etc. CSA PDA might do more without volunteers, but then you look at their tournaments and see these “officials” or parking attendants, there’s always volunteers. More at in-Town programs, less so at academies.
      What exactly is an academy anyway?!

Comment

It’s the shorts you idiot. Do I need to spell it out for you????
        White kits only work for professionals who get professional cleaning and new uniforms all the time, models, people that don't actually play, and girls under a certain age.

Comment

White kits only work for professionals who get professional cleaning and new uniforms all the time, models, people that don't actually play, and girls under a certain age.
          Agree! Pathetic that people don’t understand girls kits.

Another exception is if the “white kit” is a “solid white” construction. But with the new materials being “climate care” or “climate cool” or “heat gear” the white is almost always see through or near see through.

Somebody tell DTS that!!! NJ Premier!!! STA!!! PSA!!! PDA!!! They almost always have white shorts!!!

Wait, their coaches are always men, ohhhhh!

Comment

Agree! Pathetic that people don’t understand girls kits.

Another exception is if the “white kit” is a “solid white” construction. But with the new materials being “climate care” or “climate cool” or “heat gear” the white is almost always see through or near see through.

Somebody tell DTS that!!! NJ Premier!!! STA!!! PSA!!! PDA!!! They almost always have white shorts!!!

Wait, their coaches are always men, ohhhhh!
            Exactly. I know it's tradition to have an all white kit, but it doesn't make sense for youth girls (actually all kids realistically). Please a game in the mud and that nice white kit looks terrible from then on.

Comment

Agree girls shouldn’t really be wearing white shorts. These are adolescents and they don’t know their bodies the way adults do and yes, the worst case scenario for a 24 year old girl wearing white shorts does happen and it sucks to see a kid embarrassed. They should be wearing dark shorts.

Comment

Ok. I do have to spell it out for you. Freaking morons...

Girls at a certain age begin menstruating.

It’s not about muddy games or it being see thru.

White shorts for adolescent girls.....SMDH!!!!!

Comment

Read between the lines. That's literally what everyone the past two pages has been talking about.

Comment

weirdos.

Read between the lines. That's literally what everyone the past two pages has been talking about.

Comment

1) You only need to buy home and away jersey, shorts, socks, training t-shirt. That’s all. Ask your coach.

Not true. We were required to purchase and use a new bag with the proper new sponsor logo. Same for any outerwear such as a warmup jacket or the pants. They didn’t want to see the puma logo when the club had switched to nike so we were forced into buying all new crap. All new and more money for them. The sheer waste of doing this astounds me. Hundreds of kids. Why? And you can’t even pass along perfectly good stuff yo younger/smaller players.

As far as white shorts, I agree it’s terrible for girls. Idk if it’s all the fault of male
                      Coaches. STA has two very visible female coaches who could speak up for the girls !

Comment

Not true. We were required to purchase and use a new bag with the proper new sponsor logo. Same for any outerwear such as a warmup jacket or the pants. They didn’t want to see the puma logo when the club had switched to nike so we were forced into buying all new crap. All new and more money for them. The sheer waste of doing this astounds me. Hundreds of kids. Why? And you can’t even pass along perfectly good stuff yo younger/smaller players.

As far as white shorts, I agree it’s terrible for girls. Idk if it’s all the fault of male
                        Coaches. STA has two very visible female coaches who could speak up for the girls !
                        I guess the silver lining is the parents don’t need to switch up their club gear for home and away games.

Comment

It's ridiculous.

In comparison our "town" club costs $80 for home, away, shorts and socks. Uniforms generally last around 5 years before manufacturers discontinue.

Comment

It’s the shorts you idiot. Do I need to spell it out for you????
                            Ok, why? My daughters have worn white shirts with white spandex underneath. What's the issue again?

Comment

You are freaking pansies. Never seen a pair of bloody shorts ever. Why don't you go and put your tampon in Veronica?

Comment

It's ridiculous.

In comparison our "town" club costs $80 for home, away, shorts and socks. Uniforms generally last around 5 years before manufacturers discontinue.
                                Not true, manufacturers discontinue every 2 to 3 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X