Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smithtown and Susa

Hearing rumblings that Lips is pulling out from the Slammers and going local w/ Susa. The Slammers didnt deliver ECNL like the Smithtown clubs want and now Lips is good with becoming the ECRL team for Susa.

Hearing a deal for a few girls to move to the ECNL rosters already in place. Would show an instant path to the delusional Smithtown parents.

Cant wait to see how this plays out.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hearing rumblings that Lips is pulling out from the Slammers and going local w/ Susa. The Slammers didnt deliver ECNL like the Smithtown clubs want and now Lips is good with becoming the ECRL team for Susa.

Hearing a deal for a few girls to move to the ECNL rosters already in place. Would show an instant path to the delusional Smithtown parents.

Cant wait to see how this plays out.
    ? SUSA already has ECRL teams. Why would they need Smithtown?

Comment

? SUSA already has ECRL teams. Why would they need Smithtown?
      Susa needs good teams. They have maybe one or two in the entire club

Comment

Sorry, but, I’m calling BS on this one. I can’t believe SUSA would make a deal with Lips unless it was to bring the team to SUSA so that they could reap the benefits of tuition for 18-22 players. They’re just not handing over the badge to Smithtown. I can’t believe that Lips would want to lose the revenue from the team unless he becomes a coach at SUSA and gets a cut of the action.

Also, as to Slammers, the whole thing is still in an infancy state and if any Smithtown administrator, parent or coach thought they would get ECNL after less than a half year, especially after the pandemic, they need to have their head checked. The Slammers have pull at ECNL, but, for them to get a joint venture (between 3 soccer clubs) with absolutely no track record a spot in ECNL is ridiculous.

Comment

Who is Lips?

Comment

Tommy Lips, the DOC for Smithtown and Sachem Soccer Clubs.

Comment

Sorry, but, I’m calling BS on this one. I can’t believe SUSA would make a deal with Lips unless it was to bring the team to SUSA so that they could reap the benefits of tuition for 18-22 players. They’re just not handing over the badge to Smithtown. I can’t believe that Lips would want to lose the revenue from the team unless he becomes a coach at SUSA and gets a cut of the action.

Also, as to Slammers, the whole thing is still in an infancy state and if any Smithtown administrator, parent or coach thought they would get ECNL after less than a half year, especially after the pandemic, they need to have their head checked. The Slammers have pull at ECNL, but, for them to get a joint venture (between 3 soccer clubs) with absolutely no track record a spot in ECNL is ridiculous.
              We was at Smithtown and told we were getting ECNL by our coach and not to leave.

Comment

Wasn't Smithtown playing ECRL/NE NPL for East Meadow SC the last few years? Seems odd that they would leave that just to come back to it with SUSA. And it's not like SUSA would need them since SUSA already has multiple teams at each age group?

Comment

Wasn't Smithtown playing ECRL/NE NPL for East Meadow SC the last few years? Seems odd that they would leave that just to come back to it with SUSA. And it's not like SUSA would need them since SUSA already has multiple teams at each age group?
                  Smithtown didn’t leave. East Meadow ended the “partnership” and created one with Farmingdale to provide the ECRL (the replacement for NE NPL) team.

Yes, there would seem to be little interest from SUSA except for them to get more revenues and split team up amongst their various teams.

Could ECNL possibly come to Smithtown? Maybe, but it would not be just to Smithtown alone. It would be as part of the LI Slammers joint venture between Smithtown, Sachem and E. Islip. Given the pandemic, who knows if this ever takes off as I have to believe the pandemic has thrown off everything.

Comment

Smithtown didn’t leave. East Meadow ended the “partnership” and created one with Farmingdale to provide the ECRL (the replacement for NE NPL) team.

Yes, there would seem to be little interest from SUSA except for them to get more revenues and split team up amongst their various teams.

Could ECNL possibly come to Smithtown? Maybe, but it would not be just to Smithtown alone. It would be as part of the LI Slammers joint venture between Smithtown, Sachem and E. Islip. Given the pandemic, who knows if this ever takes off as I have to believe the pandemic has thrown off everything.
                    One last thing, if ECNL does come, it’s going to be several years away. You’re talking about a joint venture that has no track record. There will need to be several years of success from these newly established teams before the Slammers put their power behind putting this venture into ECNL. The last thing that they would want to have is their brand name sullied by an inferior bunch of teams just for the sake of it. It makes no sense.

Consequently, if you have a player who is close to graduating, I would not hold my breath on getting ECNL.

Comment

Why did EMSC do that? I had assumed they did it because they knew Smithtown was working with Slammers, not the other way around. Smithtown is a much stronger club than Farmingdale, no?

Comment

ECNL isn't coming anywhere near Smithtown...they have their pick of any club in the country, including some very strong contenders from the debilitated GDA. Tophat players literally started a change.org petition begging ECNL to let them back in. Slammers may have had some pull when ECNL was neck & neck with GDA, it was a pretty big coup to get them to go back All In ECNL-but now? If the Slammers want to jump ship to GAL, that can have at it, lol.

Comment

Why did EMSC do that? I had assumed they did it because they knew Smithtown was working with Slammers, not the other way around. Smithtown is a much stronger club than Farmingdale, no?
                          No, historically Farmingdale has a much stronger track record, not to mention their own fields...

Comment

This had to do with Jaime Gonzalez’s (Director of Training/Coaching for Farmingdale)relationship between EM and Farmingdale.

Comment

ECNL isn't coming anywhere near Smithtown...they have their pick of any club in the country, including some very strong contenders from the debilitated GDA. Tophat players literally started a change.org petition begging ECNL to let them back in. Slammers may have had some pull when ECNL was neck & neck with GDA, it was a pretty big coup to get them to go back All In ECNL-but now? If the Slammers want to jump ship to GAL, that can have at it, lol.
                              It would not come solely to Smithtown. ECNL already picked up what they wanted from GDA. What went to GAL is leftovers, who had no choice but to try and save face by creating a league with a national presence to justify their high costs.

Also, ECNL has no interest in Tophat. They were vindictive with them because instead of similar clubs who chose to have both a GDA team and an ECNL team, Tophat left them entirely. The board members of ECNL did not forget the move and are making them pay for it. If you think that Slammers still doesn’t have pull in ECNL, then, you don’t know the national landscape. Lastly, Slammers have absolutely no interest in GAL, an inferior league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X