Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    XF pausing training for 2 weeks due to uptick in COVID cases in Seattle and suspected cases in the club. Welp.
    Selfish idiotic ignorant adults raising spoiled entitled selfish children. None of your kids will get to go to school next year and you can forget about organized sports til 2021. We are the only “developed” country in the world without the self discipline and community sense of goodwill or caring to make the most minimal sacrifices to stop a pandemic. So now it gets to burn through the entire nation, people will die unnecessarily, and our children’s physical and mental health will suffer. But hey you got to stand around at soccer practice and no one can force you to wear a piece of cloth on your face. Idiots.

Comment

Sad, but painfully true.

Selfish idiotic ignorant adults raising spoiled entitled selfish children. None of your kids will get to go to school next year and you can forget about organized sports til 2021. We are the only “developed” country in the world without the self discipline and community sense of goodwill or caring to make the most minimal sacrifices to stop a pandemic. So now it gets to burn through the entire nation, people will die unnecessarily, and our children’s physical and mental health will suffer. But hey you got to stand around at soccer practice and no one can force you to wear a piece of cloth on your face. Idiots.

Comment

This is where nuance gets lost online. The "welp" was for the uptick in cases, and sadness that my kid loses the tiny bit of normalcy training for 2 hours a week (instead of 6 hrs in regular times) was giving her. Nowhere did I say suspending training was a bad decision. I appreciate the club being careful. My kid drives to herself to practice these days, but when I did drive, I was the parent sitting in the car working because soccer driving ate up part of my work day. I don't think I've ever watched an entire practice in my life past U7 & have never understood how parents watching every move aren't bored out of their minds. I absolutely agree that we need community goodwill and caring to manage this crisis, so maybe don't attack people if you're not completely sure about what you're saying? That said, this situation has everyone on edge, more so if you have a loved one working in healthcare or worse, someone you care about has gotten sick with COVID.

Comment

This is where nuance gets lost online. The "welp" was for the uptick in cases, and sadness that my kid loses the tiny bit of normalcy training for 2 hours a week (instead of 6 hrs in regular times) was giving her. Nowhere did I say suspending training was a bad decision. I appreciate the club being careful. My kid drives to herself to practice these days, but when I did drive, I was the parent sitting in the car working because soccer driving ate up part of my work day. I don't think I've ever watched an entire practice in my life past U7 & have never understood how parents watching every move aren't bored out of their minds. I absolutely agree that we need community goodwill and caring to manage this crisis, so maybe don't attack people if you're not completely sure about what you're saying? That said, this situation has everyone on edge, more so if you have a loved one working in healthcare or worse, someone you care about has gotten sick with COVID.
          It's unfortunate that XF felt it had to shutdown altogether. It would be interesting to know more about the circumstances so that others can learn about how to try to work through this as best they can-- was it multiple training groups that had positive tests? was there reason to be believe there was spread between the isolated training groups? was there some breakdown in the return to play protocols?

I'm all for being reasonably cautious and taking the virus seriously. But it's also true that total positive cases in King County still represent about .05% of the population (10,500/2.25MM), so the virus isn't going to be burning through the population any time soon. There has been an uptick in cases, but that's in part because testing has increased dramatically (now thousands a day higher than a couple weeks ago). It's also in part because the Greek system at UW was totally irresponsible in allowing a bunch of kids from all over to congregate there for rush (apparently accounting for a large chunk of the most recent cases). There hasn't been an uptick in hospitalizations or deaths in Washington, and if there is there may be a need to roll back the reopening. I'm not aware of any reports from anywhere of the virus spreading among kids playing sports outdoors, and sports leagues that have reopened have done so fairly smoothly. There will need to be some trade offs between the interests in controlling the virus as much as possible and allowing life to go on as reasonably can be done while ensuring an acceptable level of safety. Hopefully school and soccer are both among the things that will be able to co-exist with the virus until there's either a vaccine or a highly effective treatment.

Comment

From XF website

Due to the recent surge of positive COVID-19 tests in King County and Washington State, Crossfire Premier has made the decision to suspend all training activities, effective immediately. This means all training with your XF coaches is cancelled.

Over the course of the week we’ve had to place a handful of XF players and training groups into self-isolation because of potential exposure to the virus. The number of cases is only continuing to grow, and with the likelihood that many people will be exposed to new and larger groups over the Fourth of July weekend, we feel it’s the club’s responsibility to proactively respond. We want to act decisively before there is a widespread problem in the club; Crossfire needs to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Furthermore, we feel it’s wise to allow 14 days to pass following the holiday weekend to allow cases to clear before thinking about resuming training. Club staff will evaluate the state and county situation over the weekend of July 18-19 and make a determination at that time about possibly resuming on Monday, July 20. Return to training will be a week-to-week question, but regardless, the club has made the decision that we will not charge any players for the month of July.

We still encourage our players to remain active and to continue training on their own, but again, assembling in large groups is counterproductive and doesn’t do anyone any good. Please refrain from gathering together and help all of us get back to normal as quickly as possible.

As always, the health and safety of our players and coaches, and their extended families, is our foremost consideration. We hope that by acting early and decisively, we can play our part in stemming this spike in positive cases and help get us back on the field sooner rather than later.

Comment

Not looking very positive we will return to play at all this month.

Comment

They won’t resume training, assuming in small/socially distanced groups until, 20 July because players and families may be exposed to new and larger groups over the 4th of July, but are encouraging Premier teams to register for Redapt? That doesn’t make much sense to me. Are they going to shut down for 2 weeks following Redapt?

Comment

Thanks for clearing things up... soccer parents are the reason Covid is spreading. Has nothing to do with the bars that are open or the folks protesting. It’s those darn kids playing soccer.

Comment

Completely agree! We should all stay home and boycott practice... but I guess it should be ok as long as I wear this mask I bought on Etsy.

Comment

Be clear, Xfire isn't taking a break for the benefit of their families. They got caught by King County for not distancing and following the return to play.

Comment

Be clear, Xfire isn't taking a break for the benefit of their families. They got caught by King County for not distancing and following the return to play.
                        what is the source of your insider info?

Comment

We’re you crying when you typed that?

Funniest thing on the internet today. Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

My kids club just initiated an anonymous reporting email system exactly for this reason. They acknowledged that some youth are not following the rules and parents aren't able to police kids which aren't their own. The club stated they will take firm action against violators, seems polite reminders hasn't worked.
                            This seems like a good idea. What club?

Comment

My kids club just initiated an anonymous reporting email system exactly for this reason. They acknowledged that some youth are not following the rules and parents aren't able to police kids which aren't their own. The club stated they will take firm action against violators, seems polite reminders hasn't worked.
                              This is right on. Those kids should be punished to the full extent of the law.

There is discussion of deploying drones to every park and having a command center set up that monitors the video feed. I would think our club could get parent volunteers to be on call to deploy on short notice, kind of a SWAT team. Bring zip ties and make citizens arrests until law enforcement arrives.

I would definitely volunteer. I have a 1/2 dozen gas masks I could bring and I will order some batons off the internet.

Comment

Nope

The internet is great for anonymous people like you. You completely make stuff up and post, hoping to stir sh%t up.

No truth to your statement whatsoever!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X