Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of NYCSL

NYCSL just announced that it is leaving US Club and instead becoming a division within CJSL (which is part of USYSA).

It isn't said in the press release but that also means the end of NPL within NYCSL.

Dear Friends in the Soccer Community,

First and foremost, on behalf of the entire NYCSL family we hope you and your loved ones are doing well and staying healthy. The past four months have been a very difficult time for all of us. Not only did we have to face COVID-19, we had to do so in a region that experienced the highest number of cases nationwide. Thanks to first responders, front-line workers, and all in the community who enabled our region to come as far as we have in facing this pandemic.

Approximately two months ago, as I was watching Governor Cuomo on TV and heard him say the following, “disruption gives opportunity to new solutions”. Meaning, when a community (area) is facing unprecedented challenges, new and better solutions can be implemented. For that reason, and understanding the needs of the player, I have had numerous conversations with our previous “competitors”, and I am proud to let you know that the NYCSL has taken the unprecedented step of unifying our soccer community.

Effective immediately, the NYCSL will become a division of the Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League. In addition, the NYCSL will be supporting EDP’s management of the North Atlantic EDP Conference of the US Youth Soccer National League. The Conference will provide regional league competition and national showcase opportunities for NYCSL teams and clubs. We look forward to working with EDP on other soccer initiatives as well.

Additionally, our relationship with New York City FC continues to grow through the expansion of the City Youth League (with more initiatives to follow). Beginning in the Fall of 2020, the NYCFC youth league clubs will merge with the NYCSL Premier based teams and clubs to form a fully inclusive and aligned league platform for our youngest age groups (U9-U12).

“We’re extremely excited at the continued evolution of NYCFC’s youth league and what it will mean for player development going forward. In NYCSL we have a natural partner that will help facilitate our vision of expanding the league to create a better, more inclusive competitive platform for all players and clubs in the NY metropolitan area. As we move closer to a return to play, we are confident that the City Youth League will help promote essential sporting values such as inclusivity, integrity, collaboration, and respect.” - Liam Manning (NYCFC Academy Director).

Fall programming for NYCSL, will continue to be under the auspices of the NYCSL platform. Meaning all teams will continue to register on the NYCSL website. As previously stated, we will automatically re-register all teams that were registered with NYCL for the spring 2020 season. New teams will need to register on the NYCSL website as was required in the past.

While making such a decision is never easy, I firmly felt, that based on the current COVID-19 crisis, this decision was the correct one as I believe it will be best for the player.

As always, please feel free to contact me... Looking forward to watching the “kids play”!

Regards
    Gary

NYCSL was really struggling. Their NPL leagues became a total sham over the past 2 years. Many teams were already opting for EDP. There's no way any top team would want to be part of the NYCSL GG sh-t show

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NYCSL was really struggling. Their NPL leagues became a total sham over the past 2 years. Many teams were already opting for EDP. There's no way any top team would want to be part of the NYCSL GG sh-t show
      Is it now the same pass system for NYCSL and LIJSL ? US youth

Comment

So what happens to teams that were scheduled to play NPL this fall?

Comment

So what happens to teams that were scheduled to play NPL this fall?
          Either they play in the CJSL or EDP

Comment

More churn in the alphabet soup leagues. That's why parents should re-asses their children's situation each and every year. It's constantly changing outside your team and club, as well as within

Comment

More churn in the alphabet soup leagues. That's why parents should re-asses their children's situation each and every year. It's constantly changing outside your team and club, as well as within
              For years I just listened to the club, did what they said, went where they wanted. Finally i started doing exactly as you say and trying to educate myself on the situation ahead for at least the next year. The main thing you cant do is join a club and assume that you have found your destination for life. Thats what I thought we had a few years ago but poof, DA gone and the new league looks a bit shambolic so its off to new pastures, where I'll again just assess it as it goes along. It really is unfortunate how things are now.

Comment

The end of NYCSL

For years I just listened to the club, did what they said, went where they wanted. Finally i started doing exactly as you say and trying to educate myself on the situation ahead for at least the next year. The main thing you cant do is join a club and assume that you have found your destination for life. Thats what I thought we had a few years ago but poof, DA gone and the new league looks a bit shambolic so its off to new pastures, where I'll again just assess it as it goes along. It really is unfortunate how things are now.
                what ever happened to just playing on a team that your kid is happy playing on?
                whats the point of assessing an ever changing alphabet soup looking for the team of life?

FYI, there is nobody on any of these TS forums whos kid is going to be a pro soccer player and/or the next messi, no body (sorry, its just not in the cards). (if anyone is really lucky they can play for the NY Cosmos for a $45k year salary.

If your kid is happy playing for the current team, then stay.
                If he/she is not happy, find another team.

Comment

what ever happened to just playing on a team that your kid is happy playing on?
                  whats the point of assessing an ever changing alphabet soup looking for the team of life?

FYI, there is nobody on any of these TS forums whos kid is going to be a pro soccer player and/or the next messi, no body (sorry, its just not in the cards). (if anyone is really lucky they can play for the NY Cosmos for a $45k year salary.

If your kid is happy playing for the current team, then stay.
                  If he/she is not happy, find another team.
                  As a team they moved us from league to league every year, no consistency. Quality of play was either really good or really bad. In the end she just wanted to know going in that the league play would be worth all the traveling.

Comment

What does this mean for the GA league? The way it looks now, the best girls players will head to ECNL Clubs, followed by the next best going to play USYS and everyone else playing in local town leagues. This is the tiered system we have been searching for, for years. No need for GA

Comment

What does this mean for the GA league? The way it looks now, the best girls players will head to ECNL Clubs, followed by the next best going to play USYS and everyone else playing in local town leagues. This is the tiered system we have been searching for, for years. No need for GA
                      Who knows. GA isnt carded by US Club and had nothing to do with NYCSL.

Comment

The GA clubs will slowly change over the next year or two. The better ones will go to ECNL and the others to EDP. GA is just a temporary parking spot that was necessary in the post DA panic

Comment

The GA clubs will slowly change over the next year or two. The better ones will go to ECNL and the others to EDP. GA is just a temporary parking spot that was necessary in the post DA panic
                          So tell us which of the better GA clubs are going to ECNL?

Comment

So tell us which of the better GA clubs are going to ECNL?
                            FCV, Tophat, all of the ones that went ecrl this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X