Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Georgia only had 3 of 7 as ECNL players in their latest class.....

But sure 9 out of 10 country wide......amazing how brainwashed some are.
    Actually it is 5 out of 7 and one of the 2 that weren't ECNL plays for UFA...which is in ECNL for 2020-21...but I see your point, it's more like 8.3 out of 10, not 9 out of 10! Freakin ECNL kool-aid drinkers!!!

Comment

You people are idiots.....

No one said you HAVE to play ECNL to play D1. Top P5 has 60-70% of the team coming from ECNL. Sure D1 schools have players from other leagues. The issue wasn't that ONLY players from other leagues but a matter of difficulty to get into one of those schools.

Look, simple thing is ECNL makes it easier to get noticed but isn't the end all be all of college soccer. You don't need ECNL to play in college. ECNL will help if you want to get into a P5 school. It will also help to get looks from schools you may have never considered.

If your D dreams of playing for Temple, LaSalle, U of Delaware, NJIT, Monmouth or St Joe then just about any D1/2 USYS, GA or ECNL/ECRL team should do the trick. If D wants to play for UNC, Stanford, Duke and those types of schools then she better have the grades and play for ECNL or be prepared to wage a massive campaign to get noticed.

Comment

Yes like a Temple 2019 class with Zero ECNL recruits nine out of ten times my ass.
        Yeah, except it wasn't for lack of trying...Temple would've fallen over themselves to get some ECNL players, they couldn't seal the deal. Oh and the coach who signed the illustrious 2019 recruiting class was canned at the end of the season and is back at a DII school where his entire classes of non-ECNL recruits are more typical. Temple is a bad example...

Comment

Yes like a Temple 2019 class with Zero ECNL recruits nine out of ten times my ass.
          Funny, Temple has been trying to recruit my ECNL daughter along with 2 of her teammates. I don't think any of them have ever contacted them

Comment

No one said you HAVE to play ECNL to play D1. Top P5 has 60-70% of the team coming from ECNL. Sure D1 schools have players from other leagues. The issue wasn't that ONLY players from other leagues but a matter of difficulty to get into one of those schools.

Look, simple thing is ECNL makes it easier to get noticed but isn't the end all be all of college soccer. You don't need ECNL to play in college. ECNL will help if you want to get into a P5 school. It will also help to get looks from schools you may have never considered.

If your D dreams of playing for Temple, LaSalle, U of Delaware, NJIT, Monmouth or St Joe then just about any D1/2 USYS, GA or ECNL/ECRL team should do the trick. If D wants to play for UNC, Stanford, Duke and those types of schools then she better have the grades and play for ECNL or be prepared to wage a massive campaign to get noticed.
            Very accurate analysis! But the PDA kool aid drinkers will tell you that a whopping 9 out of 10 D1 players come from ECNL! The propaganda machine never stops

Comment

My daughter plays ECNL for PDA. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think you’d give us anything close to a competitive game.
              I think the point is more how good is your kid relative t mine and what are her College soccer options. I dont care if your team beats hers. Not relevant really.

Comment

Makes it sound like the player picks ECNL if she wants to play at a better school. Her talent determines that. A players are options are based on her talent. Club choice IS a pyramid that is a function of talent in environments where talent is rewarded. In the USA, talent is not how players are selected for a Club.Clubs will tend to be collections of families from similar demographics that can afford to pay. Talent is then factored in.

Comment

Makes it sound like the player picks ECNL if she wants to play at a better school. Her talent determines that. A players are options are based on her talent. Club choice IS a pyramid that is a function of talent in environments where talent is rewarded. In the USA, talent is not how players are selected for a Club.Clubs will tend to be collections of families from similar demographics that can afford to pay. Talent is then factored in.
                  Bingo!!

Comment

I’d wager that 75% of scholarship money goes to ECNL players.

Comment

Talent AND was born in the RIGHT kind of family (a family with enough $$$)

Comment

I’d wager that 75% of scholarship money goes to ECNL players.
                        I’d wager more like 99% and all from PDA!

Comment

Georgia only had 3 of 7 as ECNL players in their latest class.....

But sure 9 out of 10 country wide......amazing how brainwashed some are.
                          One more for the kool aid drinkers that say 9 out of 10 D1 players come via ECNL. Northwestern class has 4 ECNL and 5 non-ECNL.....

Comment

One more for the kool aid drinkers that say 9 out of 10 D1 players come via ECNL. Northwestern class has 4 ECNL and 5 non-ECNL.....
                            Great, most of those are DA now GA clubs...Remind me how NW did last year? 5-10-3 from what used to be a semi strong team.....

Comment

When you say non-ECNL your including DA. When you combine ECNL/DA the numbers are higher. Put that in your glass and start drinking. Of those NW class of 9 how many of those non-ECNL played EDP, NPL, etc.

Comment

Talent AND was born in the RIGHT kind of family (a family with enough $$$)
                                Think you are missing the point or just repeating what the post you quote says.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X