Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake FC the big loser?

Not sure how WFC made it onto this list, but who in their right mind would commit to this kind of travel?

Southeast GAL Division:
    Weston
    IMG
    United Soccer Alliance
    Tophat 1
    Tophat 2
    West Florida
    S. Orlando
    Wake FC

Would love to hear from some Wake FC parents on this. Your'e right, Tophat is complaining about how much they'll have to travel to play the same horrible Florida teams. Wake FC will be even further from all those teams. I don't know much about Wake FC. Our top CSA teams never played them. Maybe at least those Florida teams will be competitive games for them to fly to every few weeks.

Comment

message board babble is that top players from Tophat, Weston, etc. are bolting for other nearby ECNL clubs. A proven organization with established showcases makes more sense than another startup.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        message board babble is that top players from Tophat, Weston, etc. are bolting for other nearby ECNL clubs. A proven organization with established showcases makes more sense than another startup.
        Agreed. It seems like this new GAL keeps most of the bad aspects of the DA (loads of travel, air travel, high costs, poor matchups for quality teams) with the improvement of being able to play school ball if one so chooses, and more permissive substitution rules. If Tophat loses multiple players to the surrounding ATL ECNL clubs, that entire Southeast division will be very weak. Weston typically got crushed by NCFC, CSA, and Tophat at most levels already, so for them to lose the talented players that they had, waters their teams down even further.
        The key now as you said, is established showcases. For GAL to survive at all, they'll need to prove that they can get high level Division 1 coaches to attend their showcases. ECNL was able to do just that as they not only stayed afloat, but eventually outlasted the DA. I would assume that most sophomores and juniors can't afford to wait around to see if the GAL can deliver.

Comment

So the S. Orlando club was apparently blocked from joining GAL by Tophat. And word on the street is that now that FC Dallas has gone to ECNL and FC Virginia expected to announce next week, that Tophat will do whatever it takes to get into ECNL...whether now or next year.

Does Wake FC really want to jump into this mess?

Comment

So the S. Orlando club was apparently blocked from joining GAL by Tophat. And word on the street is that now that FC Dallas has gone to ECNL and FC Virginia expected to announce next week, that Tophat will do whatever it takes to get into ECNL...whether now or next year.

Does Wake FC really want to jump into this mess?
            ......They do as it's the only way to play more competitive teams and help the tremendous talent they have at 05, 06 and 07 in front of better competition. All 3 age groups have not lost more than one or two games in the last few years in local play (sweeping NCFC regularly) and in NPL also. They didn't have a choice as NCFC is keeping them out of ECNL because of inferiority and hate so they had to do what provided them the next best opportunity. Based on the people jumping ship and heading that way it seems to be helping currently. Only time will tell honestly but the evil empire (NCFC) can't handle that they are 10 X's the size and can't produce teams that can actually beat WFC!

Comment

......They do as it's the only way to play more competitive teams and help the tremendous talent they have at 05, 06 and 07 in front of better competition. All 3 age groups have not lost more than one or two games in the last few years in local play (sweeping NCFC regularly) and in NPL also. They didn't have a choice as NCFC is keeping them out of ECNL because of inferiority and hate so they had to do what provided them the next best opportunity. Based on the people jumping ship and heading that way it seems to be helping currently. Only time will tell honestly but the evil empire (NCFC) can't handle that they are 10 X's the size and can't produce teams that can actually beat WFC!
              Has those Wake FC teams played against the NCFC DA and ECNL teams at those age groups?
              Have they played CSA's DA teams at those age groups?
              Do they play Fusion's ECNL teams?
              Do they play Wilmington's ECNL teams?
              I don't know why Wake can't get ECNL, but their great records seem to have been based on beating big clubs 3rd teams and lower, and a bunch of smaller clubs.

Comment

Has those Wake FC teams played against the NCFC DA and ECNL teams at those age groups?
                Have they played CSA's DA teams at those age groups?
                Do they play Fusion's ECNL teams?
                Do they play Wilmington's ECNL teams?
                I don't know why Wake can't get ECNL, but their great records seem to have been based on beating big clubs 3rd teams and lower, and a bunch of smaller clubs.
                This last statement pretty much sums it up. Wake FC has built themselves off of NCFC cast-offs....3rd and 4th team players searching for glory elsewhere.

Comment

First of all the comment about "cast offs" is probably a NCFC parent who's kid is on a 3rd or 4th team currently...enough said there.

To answer the other questions to the best of my knowledge (having a kid in both clubs).....

The have not played DA as the opportunities do not allow them to present themselves. (Plus NCFC does not accept WFC into the big showcase in the fall.) However in state cup and regional play they have played ECNL at the 05 and 06 age and beat them from what it shows on recorded scores.

Have they played CSA's DA teams at those age groups? Have not played DA again as the format of the leagues do not provide opportunity.

Do they play Fusion's ECNL teams? They have not to my knowledge only because the leagues do provide this opportunity again.

Do they play Wilmington's ECNL teams? Same answer as prior here, however when the Jeff Cup released the schedule for the recent seatings WFC was in higher brackets than Wilmingtons ECNL, not saying that means they are clearly better but other evaluators seem to believe it's the case.

You can try and poopoo WFC all you want but bottom line is their records speak for themself. (Look at WAGS, Jeff Cup, States performance also when they have opportunities to better clubs.) Whomever they lace them up against they tend to beat and I know for a fact that they would welcome playing all the teams you mentioned but these chances aren't provided by the other clubs not by WFC and that is why they chose the route they did with the GAL.

Comment

First of all the comment about "cast offs" is probably a NCFC parent who's kid is on a 3rd or 4th team currently...enough said there.

To answer the other questions to the best of my knowledge (having a kid in both clubs).....

The have not played DA as the opportunities do not allow them to present themselves. (Plus NCFC does not accept WFC into the big showcase in the fall.) However in state cup and regional play they have played ECNL at the 05 and 06 age and beat them from what it shows on recorded scores.

Have they played CSA's DA teams at those age groups? Have not played DA again as the format of the leagues do not provide opportunity.

Do they play Fusion's ECNL teams? They have not to my knowledge only because the leagues do provide this opportunity again.

Do they play Wilmington's ECNL teams? Same answer as prior here, however when the Jeff Cup released the schedule for the recent seatings WFC was in higher brackets than Wilmingtons ECNL, not saying that means they are clearly better but other evaluators seem to believe it's the case.

You can try and poopoo WFC all you want but bottom line is their records speak for themself. (Look at WAGS, Jeff Cup, States performance also when they have opportunities to better clubs.) Whomever they lace them up against they tend to beat and I know for a fact that they would welcome playing all the teams you mentioned but these chances aren't provided by the other clubs not by WFC and that is why they chose the route they did with the GAL.
                    WFC always registers for some lower division at WAGS and Jeff Cup.....yes, they have had some success at those tournaments, but they aren't playing top competition. So hard to say where WFC's top teams really stand.

Comment

As a NCFC former manager, when you register for those tournaments you provide them information on your team. (League, record, tournaments played with results, states, etc.) The tournament then assesses your rankings and places you in the appropriate bracket with teams of equal or greater quality. They don't "register for lower brackets"....I don't know why all the hate but that's okay. As mentioned I have kids in both clubs on top teams and I know that WFC coaching and players is at least equal on top and in many age groups better. (However, NCFC has far more overall players without better results.) When you get a chance this fall look at the updated coaching and player changes and you'll see the movement is evident of this shift based on results on both girls and boys landscape and you'll be able to see the results of this as well.

Comment

Wake FC in GAL and piedmont NL?

So I know wake has been announced to play in GAL but their same team is still currently listed, specifically the wake FC 05 blue girls team, is listed on the upcoming piedmont conference NL page? Surely they aren’t allowed to both leagues?

Comment

So I know wake has been announced to play in GAL but their same team is still currently listed, specifically the wake FC 05 blue girls team, is listed on the upcoming piedmont conference NL page? Surely they aren’t allowed to both leagues?
                          I read somewhere that NL hasn't updated things on their site....NL has teams and clubs listed from last season who will no longer be participating.

Comment

Not sure how WFC made it onto this list, but who in their right mind would commit to this kind of travel?

Southeast GAL Division:
                            Weston
                            IMG
                            United Soccer Alliance
                            Tophat 1
                            Tophat 2
                            West Florida
                            S. Orlando
                            Wake FC
                            Not sure where the hate for WFC is coming from but clearly you haven’t done a basic analysis of the club successes. On both boys n girls side at nearly all ages they rank in top 5 thru out the state. At a fraction of the size of NCFC that’s a pretty awesome record.

And I’m not sure what all the hubbub is regarding travel - it boils down to 2 weekends in Fl and one in GA. for the regular fall season. With ECNL you are away at least 3 weekends. Other options being considered are neutral fields to keep travel minimized. There are also games scheduled with some of the mid Atlantic teams to round out the season for those thinking there isn’t enough competition. It wasn’t long ago the CASL ECNL mid Atlantic region traveled to OHIO, PA for games.

And on another note...I’m hearing at NCFC they rostered 20-21 players on each team at the older levels of the DA, ECNL, ELITE & PREMIER teams to try and keep players. There will be a lot of unhappy families shelling out big dough n not getting playing time.

Comment

Not sure where the hate for WFC is coming from but clearly you haven’t done a basic analysis of the club successes. On both boys n girls side at nearly all ages they rank in top 5 thru out the state. At a fraction of the size of NCFC that’s a pretty awesome record.

And I’m not sure what all the hubbub is regarding travel - it boils down to 2 weekends in Fl and one in GA. for the regular fall season. With ECNL you are away at least 3 weekends. Other options being considered are neutral fields to keep travel minimized. There are also games scheduled with some of the mid Atlantic teams to round out the season for those thinking there isn’t enough competition. It wasn’t long ago the CASL ECNL mid Atlantic region traveled to OHIO, PA for games.

And on another note...I’m hearing at NCFC they rostered 20-21 players on each team at the older levels of the DA, ECNL, ELITE & PREMIER teams to try and keep players. There will be a lot of unhappy families shelling out big dough n not getting playing time.
                              I don't see that anyone is hating on WFC. No matter how you slice it there is a lot of travel involved in this Southeast GAL Division. So a neutral site game between Weston and WFC would be someplace like Jacksonville. That may enable WFC to drive rather than fly, but still a long weekend just for league games.

NCFC Academy and ECNL rosters are 18 or 19 players. I can see Elite & Premier carrying a couple more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X