Sound FC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they have 11 age groups on the girls side and only 4 b teams total. That right there tells you they dont have talent or the extra income from having at least a b team at every age. The b,c, and even d teams are what help keep a club healthy finance wise.

Comment

Looking at the club summary other than their 04 boys and 09 girls the teams are not doing well, looks like several close to last place for their division.

We had some kids ask to train with our team. Their director is not granting releases for the kids to practice with other clubs.

Stupid as that will only drove them away faster when tryouts come. They might decide they like being on the A team at a small club, rather than C at bigger club.

It's not looking good for them.

Comment

The best thing for a player is to be at a smaller, high-quality club with lots of personal attention form educated coaches. Trouble is many smaller clubs are just about one-guy earning a paycheck...no quality or personal attention. At the big clubs, its so impersonal that good player development is largely an accident. Sound needs to downsize and focus on quality. Maybe drop out of WYS, if necessary, as that system depends on blah-blah mega-clubs like XF, SU and Eastside to pay the WYS bills and can't accommodate smaller clubs....consider the example of Highline Premier. There is room for a smaller, focused, high quality club in Bothell/Woodinville. Obviously, they'll need to get their finances in order. Otherwise, Sound players need to unplug and commute south or north for a better product.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          The best thing for a player is to be at a smaller, high-quality club with lots of personal attention form educated coaches. Trouble is many smaller clubs are just about one-guy earning a paycheck...no quality or personal attention. At the big clubs, its so impersonal that good player development is largely an accident. Sound needs to downsize and focus on quality. Maybe drop out of WYS, if necessary, as that system depends on blah-blah mega-clubs like XF, SU and Eastside to pay the WYS bills and can't accommodate smaller clubs....consider the example of Highline Premier. There is room for a smaller, focused, high quality club in Bothell/Woodinville. Obviously, they'll need to get their finances in order. Otherwise, Sound players need to unplug and commute south or north for a better product.
          This isn't bad advice, per se, but the question is who does such a "smaller, high-quality club" play against? If you want to play at the top level of competition you need to be at a larger club who competes in ECNL or RCL. And a smaller club may also not give a player the exposure/recruiting opportunities that they are hoping for.

Comment

Looking at the club summary other than their 04 boys and 09 girls the teams are not doing well, looks like several close to last place for their division.

We had some kids ask to train with our team. Their director is not granting releases for the kids to practice with other clubs.

Stupid as that will only drove them away faster when tryouts come. They might decide they like being on the A team at a small club, rather than C at bigger club.

It's not looking good for them.
            It’s a major pet peeve of mine when directors don’t grant the releases to allow their players to train elsewhere. These kids are NOT under contract!!!

Comment

Do you even need to be released to train? I get a release being necessary for league games, but are clubs seriously telling kids who they can/cannot practice with? If our club ever did that, I’d look to make a change ASAP.

Comment

How is Highline Premier an example? They didn't drop out, they got booted from the RCL and have 2 competitive teams (09 Boys and 02 Girls), don't have any HS boys teams, and only have girls teams in a few age groups.

The WYS player and league fees are tiny compared to all of the other costs, and being part of the PSPL isn't going to be much different. In the PSPL there's much more of a drop-off in quality compared to the RCL once you get past the top division.

If Sound does go under, it's going to be really messy for all of the HS boys who have already been through tryouts and have to find a team.

Comment

Do you even need to be released to train? I get a release being necessary for league games, but are clubs seriously telling kids who they can/cannot practice with? If our club ever did that, I’d look to make a change ASAP.
                  I am not clear on this procedure either. Maybe someone can speak to the actual club rule. If a player at Sound wants to participate in a few practices at EFC for example, does EFC tell the player, give me a release/authorization from Sound?

I for one, would be hesitant to ask my DD's current coach to train with another team. I'd worry her current coach will pass her over for upward movement once she showed interest in another club. Her current coach seemed to have a pissy attitude whenever she asked to practice with the higher level team.

Which makes me wonder how kids jump teams in the middle of the season. I read the fine-print when joining the team and it had very few options for leaving the club to join another club, mainly moving out of the area.

Comment

LOL that was the first thing I thought Sound fails and Reign can limp along a bit longer thanks to the re$erve$

That building is a lease, if they bail on it it all goes back to the owner, who will just gut it for whoever comes along to rent it :( . It's around $20k a month, which is why woodinville soccer closed and it sat empty for a year.
                    I too believe we have reached the limit for "Premier" soccer clubs in the PNW and I don't think that's a bad thing. Maybe it's time little Liam and Emma gets relegated to the rec league that they belong.

Every year that goes by, parents become more educated and begin to feel like they are being scammed by the pay to play system.

In regards to Reign Academy, it is not likely to fail in the traditional sense. You aren't going to hear about them not making payroll, or drive by and find a closed for business sign on the door. OL is worth almost a half a billion $ and the owner Jean-Michel Aulas has a record of spending like a drunken sailor.

Comment

It’s a major pet peeve of mine when directors don’t grant the releases to allow their players to train elsewhere. These kids are NOT under contract!!!
                      I don't know why you have a problem with this practice. Would you let Russel Wilson do a practice workout with the 49ers? Same thing. LOL

Okay, yea they are kids, and we actually pay the clubs for the right for our kids to play soccer. Yea that's pretty F*cked up. Hilariously sad, once you put it in perspective.

Comment

My kids have trained with no less than 5 clubs this year and we have had players from at least 4 join our training sessions. It’s a good chance for a different coaching style, gives everyone perspective on local options (free market, crazy concept), and I would rather train the kids from another club for free at our session vs. them having to go pay extra money for privates/academy when they just want to play more soccer.

Comment

Because both clubs are in RCL they have to get a release from sound to train with another RCL club. You agree to the policy when you join the RCL. It prevents coaches from trying to poach players, which would just make the whole pay to play scheme even nastier.

In this particular instance is a young age group, before they keep standings. The kid has only been playing with sound for a couple of months, it's not the A team, and she's not an impact player. The team she wants to train with is a C team and not accepting new players. Parent is just thinking about next year. So it's even more bizarre.

It's short sighted on sounds part, but I guess that's been their issue all along. If your coaches/teams are so bad that you think a player will leave after a couple of sessions with another club you have major issues.

XF does enforce this on ECNL and DA players, but they are getting a lot of their expenses funded by the club. I think it's fair to ask for a little loyalty from your players if the club is spending funds on them. As one of the parents forced to help fund the ECNL and DA through mandatory raffle and tournament participation I agree with the policy.

Anyone in RCl can train anywhere during open week, between cup finals and tryouts. Sadly in my experience most coaches are pretty checked out at that point, may not have the same team next year, and tend to just tell the kids to pennie up and scrimmage for 1.5hrs during the last week of practice.

Comment

Rcl code of conduct re: Practice with another club

Here is the actual RCL rule:

"1. Will not recruit players – the definition of “recruit” for purposes of this league shall be: Approaching a player who is registered to and actively playing for another team within Washington Youth Soccer, and asking them to either try-out or play for any other team, without first receiving prior written permission from the players’ current Club Director of Coaching – even for purposes of guest play (email is considered acceptable written permission). The only "open period" is the week between the US Youth Soccer Washington State Championships and the start of tryouts for their gender/age group. During this week only, players are allowed to attend other teams’ training sessions without approval from their current Club Director of Coaching. Players must initiate interest and the coach should have an email thread from the players (or parents) expressing their interest. They must have this prior to a player coming to practice. If a player/parent calls the coach, they can talk and agree to them joining a training session, but must email them as well. Players cannot be offered spots at the practices, though relative levels of interest from both parties may be expressed. These open training sessions cannot be advertised. There can only be two practices per team."

Comment

Here is the actual RCL rule:

"1. Will not recruit players – the definition of “recruit” for purposes of this league shall be: Approaching a player who is registered to and actively playing for another team within Washington Youth Soccer, and asking them to either try-out or play for any other team, without first receiving prior written permission from the players’ current Club Director of Coaching – even for purposes of guest play (email is considered acceptable written permission). The only "open period" is the week between the US Youth Soccer Washington State Championships and the start of tryouts for their gender/age group. During this week only, players are allowed to attend other teams’ training sessions without approval from their current Club Director of Coaching. Players must initiate interest and the coach should have an email thread from the players (or parents) expressing their interest. They must have this prior to a player coming to practice. If a player/parent calls the coach, they can talk and agree to them joining a training session, but must email them as well. Players cannot be offered spots at the practices, though relative levels of interest from both parties may be expressed. These open training sessions cannot be advertised. There can only be two practices per team."
                              WYS hasn't enforced this in the past, don't expect them to in the future. Saw a player get poached from one of our club's teams this fall and when it was brought up to WYS they didn't care. In this case the player wasn't released because they still owed the club money, WYS let them go to the new club.

Comment

Speaking of poaching, Reign Academy has held a couple "Discovery Sessions" for next season, anyone know how they're going?

WYS hasn't enforced this in the past, don't expect them to in the future. Saw a player get poached from one of our club's teams this fall and when it was brought up to WYS they didn't care. In this case the player wasn't released because they still owed the club money, WYS let them go to the new club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X