Sound FC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My understanding is that its rented for around $20k a month and they paid to remodel it. Know someone who looked in to taking it over when it was still Woodinville soccer. Was smart to put in multiple smaller fields to get more income, but sadly its been very slow to start making any money

Lots of coaches and kids left to xf when surf failed.

Comment

My take:

So, Sounders U23 is not relevant or wanted any longer by the Sounders. The Sounders jettisoned the age group.

Sounders U23 and Sounders Women have announced that their licensing deal for the Sounders name has been terminated and they will rebrand.

The Sounders U-23 are independently owned by Lane Smith, Cliff McElroy, and Mike Jennings.

No longer having a home, brand, or supporting org, they went looking.

Sound FC board, DOC, and U23 owners got together and launched the alliance.

What could go wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My understanding is that its rented for around $20k a month and they paid to remodel it. Know someone who looked in to taking it over when it was still Woodinville soccer. Was smart to put in multiple smaller fields to get more income, but sadly its been very slow to start making any money

Lots of coaches and kids left to xf when surf failed.
        If that number is accurate...you would need to book 400 hours of court space a month just to pay the rent. That doesn’t take into account any extra costs like utilities, staffing, insurance, etc. Again...if that number is accurate, everyone involved with the decision needs to be fired/let go from the Board down.

Comment

My take:

So, Sounders U23 is not relevant or wanted any longer by the Sounders. The Sounders jettisoned the age group.

Sounders U23 and Sounders Women have announced that their licensing deal for the Sounders name has been terminated and they will rebrand.

The Sounders U-23 are independently owned by Lane Smith, Cliff McElroy, and Mike Jennings.

No longer having a home, brand, or supporting org, they went looking.

Sound FC board, DOC, and U23 owners got together and launched the alliance.

What could go wrong...
          With Pac and XF now running WPSL teams in competition with the team formerly known as Sounders Women, it seems likely that training and play at Starfire was no longer available, and Sound may be able to deliver some decent field space up there. Curious whether Scott F stays on as coach since he’s with another youth club that is a long haul from Sound.

Comment

They should merge with Rush and Snohomish United and have regional teams like SU and ECNL.
            This is a pretty good idea. I heard their HS boys numbers at tryouts were very low.

Comment

If two or three top coaches were to leave, followed by handfuls of Sound's best players, that could create a situation where even the "rec-league" type of players/parents will exit en-mass forcing a merge or close decision.

Comment

Did Sound FC ever send anything out to its parents about Joe’s removal?

Comment

Sound fc didn't make payroll on Friday. How long do you think their coaches will work for free? I know I'd have my kids at other tryouts if they were playing for sound.

Going to make tryouts at nearby clubs interesting this year.

Parents should be pissed at the continued incompetence of the folks running things.

Comment

Sound fc approached rush about merging clubs and rush told them to piss off. Sounding like its northwest nationals all over again. "Hey let's merge but you have to assume our debt."

The rumor we have been hearing is the coaches have been asked to take a pay cut so everyone can get paid.

Sound fc is on life support!

Comment

Sound fc approached rush about merging clubs and rush told them to piss off. Sounding like its northwest nationals all over again. "Hey let's merge but you have to assume our debt."

The rumor we have been hearing is the coaches have been asked to take a pay cut so everyone can get paid.

Sound fc is on life support!

I was wondering how they could afford that new clubhouse and futsal center. Nobody crunched the numbers? Did they buy or lease that building?

Comment

I don't really know anything about Sound other than Jason Farrell is there, who I respect a lot. I'm sorry people who already don't make a ton of money are being asking to take a pay cut!

But bigger picture, regardless of whatever mistakes were made by Sound management: has Seattle hit its limit for soccer clubs? Are there enough customers out there to support all these clubs and enough legit coaching talent to staff so many "elite" pathways?

Comment

I don't really know anything about Sound other than Jason Farrell is there, who I respect a lot. I'm sorry people who already don't make a ton of money are being asking to take a pay cut!

But bigger picture, regardless of whatever mistakes were made by Sound management: has Seattle hit its limit for soccer clubs? Are there enough customers out there to support all these clubs and enough legit coaching talent to staff so many "elite" pathways?
                          Reign DA Reserves. Yes, Virginia, there is a $anta Clau$.

Comment

LOL that was the first thing I thought Sound fails and Reign can limp along a bit longer thanks to the re$erve$

That building is a lease, if they bail on it it all goes back to the owner, who will just gut it for whoever comes along to rent it :( . It's around $20k a month, which is why woodinville soccer closed and it sat empty for a year.

Comment

The thing is everyone wants to call themselves PREMIER and charge Premier pricing. Bring back the old neighborhood teams until U13.

Comment

If you live in South Snohomish County, why wouldn't you just go play for FC Edmonds? And if you live in Bothell or Woodinville, why wouldn't you go play for Northshore YSA? It's ridiculous for parents to pay thousands of dollars for an upper level select experience. Instead, support your neighborhood associations where your more likely to play with kids from your school. Once you invest a ton of money on premier soccer your family is at the mercy of the club when it comes to paying for travel, playing time, wanting to play other sports, etc. If kids have no desire to play at the most competitive levels then they should find competitive teams their kids will have fun at.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X