Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Title 9 guy is crazy and hilarious. I love his little passive aggressive rants. He’s like a funny loser character on The Office. So obviously very jealous but predictably funny like the FCP got 4th place repeated lie guy. Maybe one in the same?
    Title IX guy may be hilarious, but he does have a point--you don't need to join a travel league to play women's college soccer. If you're good, they'll come find you.

If everyone understands that, then Title IX guy's rants are not necessary.

That said, there are still a few partisans affiliated with one of the local travel leagues that still like to insist otherwise: that OYSA leagues are all essentially "rec" level ball, and that girls who choose to play club within the state will be dismissed by college recruiters as second-rate, and that therefore college scouts won't bother coming to their games or otherwise attempt to recruit them, and that to have a chance at a college career, you need to travel. One particular travel league has been trying to corner the market on college recruiting for the past ten years, and whatever else I might think of US Soccer and GDA, the fact that this racket has been successfully busted is a feather in the cap of the Federation. I think most of us have now figured out that this was and is a lie, and the evidence shows that there are plenty of girls being recruited out of OYSA teams. If you're a marginal player, the extra exposure afforded by travel leagues who focus on college recruitment (hosting well-attended showcases) can't hurt you (actually it can, if you crap the bed in front of the scouts), but isn't strictly necessary.

Some girls love the travel leagues, and and can afford it, and that's OK. CU has some very good teams. (FC wishes they could finish fourth, in many cases). Other girls don't care about HS, and like the Thorns. Others think both are nuts, and are happy playing for THUSC or Eastside or Salmon Creek or GPS. All are perfectly valid choices, and all are pathways to the next level for those girls with sufficient skill and motivation.

And yes, Title IX has created a scenario where there are plenty of positions available in collegiate women's soccer. I don't consider this to be a bad thing, however.

Comment

Title 9 guy is crazy and hilarious. I love his little passive aggressive rants. He’s like a funny loser character on The Office. So obviously very jealous but predictably funny like the FCP got 4th place repeated lie guy. Maybe one in the same?
      He/She tells it like it is. Which is refreshing in a world of make believe on the forum. They hit a nerve with the insecure parents and get called names which makes it so telling.

Comment

True! He’s the broken record of “Private School is an expensive scam! The stupid lemmings don’t realize kids from public schools go to the same colleges as private school kids”! While he’s mostly right, it’s irrelevant because it’s not an argument, it’s a personal choice with no wrong answer.. No player needs Ecnl or GDA expensive travel leagues. Good players will be found. The players that do those leagues choose to for whatever reasons just like parents who choose to send their kids to private school. It’s the fact that he is so riled up about the choices of others that is so funny and makes him look bitter and silly. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few parents from his kids teams went to Gda/Ecnl mostly to get away from his constant grumbling.

Comment

True! He’s the broken record of “Private School is an expensive scam! The stupid lemmings don’t realize kids from public schools go to the same colleges as private school kids”! While he’s mostly right, it’s irrelevant because it’s not an argument, it’s a personal choice with no wrong answer.. No player needs Ecnl or GDA expensive travel leagues. Good players will be found. The players that do those leagues choose to for whatever reasons just like parents who choose to send their kids to private school. It’s the fact that he is so riled up about the choices of others that is so funny and makes him look bitter and silly. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few parents from his kids teams went to Gda/Ecnl mostly to get away from his constant grumbling.
          It's hard to educate the ignorant, but I give him/her credit (ix person) for being a broken record.

Comment

Club choices driven by greed and pure idiocy. Let's find a travel league!! Great reasoning without any body of work to support this move.( basically irrelevant Oregon clubs Nationally speaking)

Parents should never of been force feed this travel nonsense for Oregon's level of female talent.

It's truly a laughable situation, the answer comes when you ask why don't the Oregon boys do it (nonsensical travel)? They have historically far better talent than the Oregon girls have ever produced. Actually pros in leagues in the states and abroad. D1 All Americans etc...

The only reason for girls to do this is driven by title ix entitlements, nothing to do with ability.

If your fine with that, so be it. The more you know.

Comment

He’s like a grumpy old senile man who can’t stop criticizing young people for their life choices. Sad but funny.

Comment

He’s like a grumpy old senile man who can’t stop criticizing young people for their life choices. Sad but funny.
                These are club choices you buffoon. Parents would fly their kids for giggles anywhere they don't know any better, clubs need to have leadership that makes ethical prudent decisions for families, especially portraying themselves as mission based non-profits serving the community.

Comment

He’s a grumpy old man whose dd didn’t make the ecnl squad at her club. He can’t stand watching the other girls having fun traveling out of state to play games. Can’t stand the fact that the rich parents are happy to pay for the travel and experience.

Comment

Club choices driven by greed and pure idiocy. Let's find a travel league!! Great reasoning without any body of work to support this move.( basically irrelevant Oregon clubs Nationally speaking)

Parents should never of been force feed this travel nonsense for Oregon's level of female talent.

It's truly a laughable situation, the answer comes when you ask why don't the Oregon boys do it (nonsensical travel)? They have historically far better talent than the Oregon girls have ever produced. Actually pros in leagues in the states and abroad. D1 All Americans etc...

The only reason for girls to do this is driven by title ix entitlements, nothing to do with ability.

If your fine with that, so be it. The more you know.
                    Your post is silly. When (not if) an Oregon player is a D1 All American or when asked to play on a youth national team (not just a camp), all your negativity is worthless. Statistically, it will happen at some point. Dream big or never achieve the dream. Comments like yours may assume “realistic” goal setting, but realistic goals do not achieve big goals.

It seems you live by the theory, “if someone is down, let’s assume they will always be down.” It’s an approach, but not meriting much value in my opinion.

Comment

Your post is silly. When (not if) an Oregon player is a D1 All American or when asked to play on a youth national team (not just a camp), all your negativity is worthless. Statistically, it will happen at some point. Dream big or never achieve the dream. Comments like yours may assume “realistic” goal setting, but realistic goals do not achieve big goals.

It seems you live by the theory, “if someone is down, let’s assume they will always be down.” It’s an approach, but not meriting much value in my opinion.

Here is your theory:

"Join a worthless travel only league, for the also ran club teams of the state. This is the way to raise the bar and create our future stars! Realistically speaking of course."

Give us more of your wisdom and insight. Hypothetically of course.

Comment

Be nice. Be kind. Karma works.

Comment

Be nice. Be kind. Karma works.
                          I am the previous poster and you some up my point more simply. Prior posters were sarcastic and negative about OR Soccer players ever achieving big dreams. The rationale provided was traveling to meet stronger competition is pointless, presumably because our Not talented players don't need it. My point was, you can be against travel for many reasons, without being negative on the potential of Oregon players to rise above. This kind of negative attitude doesn't do anyone any good and "YES" I agree, it leaves a lot of Bad Karma.

Comment

I am the previous poster and you some up my point more simply. Prior posters were sarcastic and negative about OR Soccer players ever achieving big dreams. The rationale provided was traveling to meet stronger competition is pointless, presumably because our Not talented players don't need it. My point was, you can be against travel for many reasons, without being negative on the potential of Oregon players to rise above. This kind of negative attitude doesn't do anyone any good and "YES" I agree, it leaves a lot of Bad Karma.
                            The rationale of local oregon hs & club girls travelling nationwide in a league to either be fodder (pre da) or present day play teams similar to themselves, is a verified waste of money and time.

These club decisions are irrational behaviors they do feed and foster a culture of bad karma, absolutely.

Crazy ill advised choices aren't considered negative, just stupid. trying to defend them only makes you look foolish.

Comment

The rationale of local oregon hs & club girls travelling nationwide in a league to either be fodder (pre da) or present day play teams similar to themselves, is a verified waste of money and time.

These club decisions are irrational behaviors they do feed and foster a culture of bad karma, absolutely.

Crazy ill advised choices aren't considered negative, just stupid. trying to defend them only makes you look foolish.
                              So you are against travel soccer and you think it is a good idea to go call out the girls who are playing college soccer stupid.

I am sorry things did not work out for you and you are unhappy. No point in attacking girls who are continuing to play sports at the collegiate level.

Not sure why you are so concerned about how other want to spend their time and money.

Comment

So you are against travel soccer and you think it is a good idea to go call out the girls who are playing college soccer stupid.

I am sorry things did not work out for you and you are unhappy. No point in attacking girls who are continuing to play sports at the collegiate level.

Not sure why you are so concerned about how other want to spend their time and money.
                                Not Title IX guy, but I don't think girls who join travel leagues are stupid. However, some of the folks who are involved with them border on the crooked, making ridiculous claims that doing so is necessary either for college recruitment or for top-level player development. Simply being in the same "league" as elite teams from NorCal or the east coast doesn't get you anything if you're not playing against these teams (or only rarely at an annual showcase). There are plenty teams of similar skill in OYSA as to what can be found in the ECNL Northwest Conference.

If someone prefers that league, and doesn't mind the travel or expense, more power to you! Knock yourself out. But enough with the "we're the only elite team in Oregon; everything else (Thorns, OYSA) is rec". It's obnoxious, and dead wrong. I don't know if this is coming from overzealous dads who think it fun to swing their d1cks in an anonymous chat room, or club coaches or other officials who think that this is actually useful.

It's just youth soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X