Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Title IX Ted is here to entertain us. Like Elmo or a hung over Bozo the clown. I look forward to his pouty posts.
    Hung over bozo the clown? This is getting good.

Comment

Title IX Ted isn't WRONG, you know... he understands the economics of women's collegiate sports all too well. Much of it wouldn't exist if the government didn't say it had to.

Where Title IX Ted errs is in thinking that anyone cares. Female soccer players (and their families) are only happy to take the free money, and don't really give a hoot that a scholarship is only being made available to them because some male linebacker is getting paid and that has to be balanced on the women's side of the ledger. If Title IX Ted thinks that his ranting on this subject is going to shame the ladies out of the girls' game (or should), then he's a nutter at best and a sexist pig at worst.

He may also have a point in that families who spend thousands of dollars on travel soccer in the hopes of landing a scholly are making a poor investment, but I know few families who are actually doing that. Most parents who put their kids in club soccer are doing it for other reasons--the kids like to play, it keeps them out of trouble, it gets them exercise, and they learn a skill even if it is unlikely to be financially useful.

But since the women's pro game is nowhere near as lucrative as the men's side, and free academy teams simply don't exist for girls, riding the Title IX gravy train is the way to go for most families, and they're not about to be shamed into getting off just because Title IX Ted doesn't like it, or thinks that it is somehow "distorting" the market (such as it is) for girls and women's soccer.

From what I read, seems like they take issue and rightly so with the direct title ix offshoots of money grubbing travel club teams for girls that are of no real value or any consequence. Brought into focus in the backwater talent pool of Oregon. I guess we all take something different out of the discussion. Having to travel to get small title ix dollars seems like pure stupidity. Just another salient point that seems to be a constant from the title ix guru.

Makes you think about it, which the travel clubs don't want us parents to do.

Comment

Title IX Ted is here to entertain us. Like Elmo or a hung over Bozo the clown. I look forward to his pouty posts.
        I love bozo! The endless hanker-chiefs and balloon animals. The big shoes are so funny!

Glad to have you here to entertain us Title IX Ted. You are so much fun!

Comment

Title IX Ted is entertaining. I think he has one of those tiny clown cars which are always funny.
          If you pay extra for your event, he will drive his car in wheelie style. It is a sight to see. So much fun. He juggles bowling pins and will pull a quarter out from behind your ear.

Comment

From what I read, seems like they take issue and rightly so with the direct title ix offshoots of money grubbing travel club teams for girls that are of no real value or any consequence. Brought into focus in the backwater talent pool of Oregon. I guess we all take something different out of the discussion. Having to travel to get small title ix dollars seems like pure stupidity. Just another salient point that seems to be a constant from the title ix guru.

My wife and I spent over 40k for my daughter’s youth soccer experience , hoping for a full ride to D1 college. Got 4 k per year and she guilt after her sophomore year.

Comment

My wife and I spent over 40k for my daughter’s youth soccer experience , hoping for a full ride to D1 college. Got 4 k per year and she guilt after her sophomore year.
              Sorry to hear that. Many parents think you can buy/fake athleticism, but most college coaches see through the tricks. If you are unathletic, your kid probably won't play at the next level.

Comment

Thanks Title IX Ted. Do you do birthday parties?

Comment

Look, Title IX Ted is angry today. This is even more fun than the juggling.

Comment

Laying on the floor, kicking and screaming into space until he is red in the face. Eventually he just cries himself out and falls asleep then his mom carries him off to bed.

Comment

Fair enough, but you see the same behavior on the boys side. The pot of gold at the end of that rainbow is far bigger, and there's just as many hustlers trying to convince parents that they need private training or "exposure" in far off showcases to have a shot.

The financial reward-to-talent curve is a lot steeper for boys though. Many girls of middling talent can find an 0.2 FTE scholly somewhere (even if it's at a dubious diploma mill), boys of similar talent won't get squat. But there's no six, seven, or even eight-figure contract awaiting any female players, no matter how talented; whereas many male pros are making that sort of money.

Comment

Laying on the floor, kicking and screaming into space until he is red in the face. Eventually he just cries himself out and falls asleep then his mom carries him off to bed.
                        Title IX Ted is so precious when he finally cries himself out.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Many parents think you can buy/fake athleticism, but most college coaches see through the tricks. If you are unathletic, your kid probably won't play at the next level.
                          Bummer she quit, but where were the club travel coaches and doc during the capital outlay process. If they he knew what the poster above claims, your kid didn't have the athleticism to play in college, why did they spend your monies for travel and even put you on the travel team. Seems pretty disingenuous from a local non-profit, No Mercy.

Comment

Title IX Ted is one of the bozo the clowns on the west coast. Book him for your next birthday party or company picnic.

Comment

Title IX Ted is so adorable when he’s mad.

Comment

Bummer she quit, but where were the club travel coaches and doc during the capital outlay process. If they he knew what the poster above claims, your kid didn't have the athleticism to play in college, why did they spend your monies for travel and even put you on the travel team. Seems pretty disingenuous from a local non-profit, No Mercy.
                                Love to hear this response.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X