X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rosters are full at most ages no idea why they are having tryouts
    Always looking for a diamond in the rough. Hear a lot of GA and BDA players looking for new teams

Comment

Always looking for a diamond in the rough. Hear a lot of GA and BDA players looking for new teams
      Given that there's very little chance of getting on these rosters, I'm not sure if it's worth risking the ire of our existing club to try out. Besides, very unlikely to have much of a season/year and can wait a little longer to see if this GA thing works or not.

Comment

Given that there's very little chance of getting on these rosters, I'm not sure if it's worth risking the ire of our existing club to try out. Besides, very unlikely to have much of a season/year and can wait a little longer to see if this GA thing works or not.
        You sound like a typical NYSC parent, unsure, and scared of what lies across the bridge. Its okay scary-pants, I was once you, and honestly it wasn't easy to make the jump to ECNL. The families already there will not throw a parade for you, they will appear friendly, but they are ALLLLLL in it for their kids, as are you, so ditch the fear and get her over to Orangeburg, and let the chips fall where they may....

Comment

I’ve never understood why people feel afraid of the “ire” of their club if the kid attends a tryout with another club. If your kid is a great player, the existing club will want him/her back no matter what. If your kid is marginal, they will want him/her to try out other places so the player has somewhere to play if they cut him/her. What’s so scary?

Comment

I’ve never understood why people feel afraid of the “ire” of their club if the kid attends a tryout with another club. If your kid is a great player, the existing club will want him/her back no matter what. If your kid is marginal, they will want him/her to try out other places so the player has somewhere to play if they cut him/her. What’s so scary?
            The trick is to either NOT tell anyone else, which is harder than it seems, or get 2-3 others, and go as a group, swearing each other to privacy, which isn't easy, especially if one of the kids is not invited back, awkward, but mature people can accomplish amazing things, I would go the solo route myself, its no bodies business, and you’ll probably run into each other in there parking pot, and get a good laugh. Best of luck.

Comment

The trick is to either NOT tell anyone else, which is harder than it seems, or get 2-3 others, and go as a group, swearing each other to privacy, which isn't easy, especially if one of the kids is not invited back, awkward, but mature people can accomplish amazing things, I would go the solo route myself, its no bodies business, and you’ll probably run into each other in there parking pot, and get a good laugh. Best of luck.
              Hahaha, their parking lot...hahaha

Comment

Huh. With D, around tryout season we always asked her coach if her roster spot was safe for the next season. if he said "no" or "depends", then we told the coach she would be attending tryouts at other clubs just in case, and all was fine. Ended up going to tryouts at other clubs 2 out of the 7 seasons where her spot on the team was in question (and had offers), but ended up staying at the club for the duration (she is college-bound this fall). Never had an issue with her coach or team because of it.

Comment

Huh. With D, around tryout season we always asked her coach if her roster spot was safe for the next season. if he said "no" or "depends", then we told the coach she would be attending tryouts at other clubs just in case, and all was fine. Ended up going to tryouts at other clubs 2 out of the 7 seasons where her spot on the team was in question (and had offers), but ended up staying at the club for the duration (she is college-bound this fall). Never had an issue with her coach or team because of it.
                  What is huh, what don't you get?? Your story is boring, at least make-up something funny, btw my daughter is also college bound and we never had to ask about her spot.....hahaha

Comment

What is huh, what don't you get?? Your story is boring, at least make-up something funny, btw my daughter is also college bound and we never had to ask about her spot.....hahaha
                    I don't get why people have to keep it a secret if they go to tryouts at another club.

D's spot was in question first when the team changed coaches at U14 and the new coach wasn't familiar with the players, and then at U15 at the birth-age change when there was a log-jam of players from existing teams merging into one team again with a new coach who wasn't familiar with all of the players. At no point did going to tryouts at other clubs make the coach or the club treat D any different.

Comment

I don't get why people have to keep it a secret if they go to tryouts at another club.

D's spot was in question first when the team changed coaches at U14 and the new coach wasn't familiar with the players, and then at U15 at the birth-age change when there was a log-jam of players from existing teams merging into one team again with a new coach who wasn't familiar with all of the players. At no point did going to tryouts at other clubs make the coach or the club treat D any different.
                      Meh, don't believe that, most coaches don't want you to leave, bankable players are always welcome, we were at NYSC and going to WCFC is the ultimate betrayal to them, they hate it, as they know all of their better players have eventually moved on, and Shimkin would of moved also if she were younger.

Comment

Meh, don't believe that, most coaches don't want you to leave, bankable players are always welcome, we were at NYSC and going to WCFC is the ultimate betrayal to them, they hate it, as they know all of their better players have eventually moved on, and Shimkin would of moved also if she were younger.
                        Bankable player shouldn't have to worry, as s/he would get an offer from the new club and move anyways. And if s/he turned it down to return to their current club, that would earn big loyalty points, right?

In the case where a bankable player tried out somewhere else and didn't get an offer, are they really bankable? And if so, why would their current club have an issue with having them come back?

Comment

Bankable player shouldn't have to worry, as s/he would get an offer from the new club and move anyways. And if s/he turned it down to return to their current club, that would earn big loyalty points, right?

In the case where a bankable player tried out somewhere else and didn't get an offer, are they really bankable? And if so, why would their current club have an issue with having them come back?
                          Because they will forever be viewed as unreliable, and their future with NYSC will always be tainted, might be different at other clubs.

Comment

Because they will forever be viewed as unreliable, and their future with NYSC will always be tainted, might be different at other clubs.
                            I guess that's what I don't get. Seems petty to me. I guess if families are hiding the fact that they are trying out elsewhere, that might make a coach think they are unreliable. But at the end of the day, if the player is unhappy with her current team/club and wants to see what else is out there, why stay anyways?

Comment

Are WC ECNL players allowed to play in tournaments yet (as guests)? It would not be right if there's a chance of infecting others that they practice with. Selfish!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2792899]Are WC ECNL players allowed to play in tournaments yet (as guests)? It would not be right if there's a chance of infecting others that they practice with. Selfish![/QUOTE

During the off season, ECNL players are allowed to guest play with other clubs, yes. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm sure your kid has been hanging out with her friends who aren't on her soccer team as well

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X