Nce/coe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan is gone. He was really good. They still have some quality coaches and JC has a good regimen which any motivated coach could implement. But the experience with his english and irish coaches will be hard to replace with domestic product.

Comment

Anyone know where Alan went?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Alan is gone. He was really good. They still have some quality coaches and JC has a good regimen which any motivated coach could implement. But the experience with his english and irish coaches will be hard to replace with domestic product.
        That's too bad, we loved Alan!

Comment

my kid graduated out of JCs supplemental training 3 years ago, so this is just a small perspective:

- invites out if NYCSL PDP that turned into the paid NCE
          - training was significantly better than typical local training
          - stronger competition
          - high level intensity
          - smarter drills
          - frequent movement to train with "same level competition" (different groups and genders)

overall trained for about 2 or so years (almost every season), and played select team (s) for about 4. worth extra money/drive time IF your kid is enjoying it and getting challenged and gets invites to select team.

Comment

Anyone that has the money to pay can play for NCE. It’s not what it used to be.

Comment

Anyone that has the money to pay can play for NCE. It’s not what it used to be.
              Been like that since it started. Half of the mediocre kids on my kid's team played there for a few years. We were invited too but when I found out who else was we declined. It was hardly selective and certainly a money grab (and not cheap).

Comment

AO was awful. I cant believe ya'll fall for that accent. From my kids club the kids who did NCE were all from the B and C teams.

Comment

AO was awful. I cant believe ya'll fall for that accent. From my kids club the kids who did NCE were all from the B and C teams.
                  Lol. This is a terrible take. Clearly someone whose child was not selected to participate.

Comment

Lol. This is a terrible take. Clearly someone whose child was not selected to participate.
                    Nope, invited and turned down after we saw who else was accepted. Total cash grab.

Comment

c'mon mah

Training is legit. Have been to sessions where, perhaps, lesser players are present. Better players will be grouped together and competition is good. You cant rate a program based on who is getting invite to England/Italy. They will keep going down the list to try to get participants. Many people cant afford Europe but they certainly benefit from once a weeks in Poughkeepsie.

Comment

Training is legit. Have been to sessions where, perhaps, lesser players are present. Better players will be grouped together and competition is good. You cant rate a program based on who is getting invite to England/Italy. They will keep going down the list to try to get participants. Many people cant afford Europe but they certainly benefit from once a weeks in Poughkeepsie.
                        Yes it's very good supplemental training. Go in with those expectations, not the other nonsense

Comment

It is ridiculously overpriced for 55 minutes of training. That's why they accept everyone, majority walk away after the sticker shock.

Comment

It is ridiculously overpriced for 55 minutes of training. That's why they accept everyone, majority walk away after the sticker shock.
                            I looked into costs recently - per the website, the fall sessions cost ~ $30 per hour, which I think is OK if they have to rent indoor fields.

They're also doing a summer camp that'll cost $325 for 15 hours, or ~ $16 per hour, which I think is very reasonable.

What are the costs by you?

Comment

I looked into costs recently - per the website, the fall sessions cost ~ $30 per hour, which I think is OK if they have to rent indoor fields.

They're also doing a summer camp that'll cost $325 for 15 hours, or ~ $16 per hour, which I think is very reasonable.

What are the costs by you?
                              Thats not bad at all, you just need to sorta have a feeling of who will be there and take into aco**** time, day of week and the location. We never could really do it because the closest session was the same day we had team training events and i wasnt willing to drive an hour and a half for it.

Comment

Thats not bad at all, you just need to sorta have a feeling of who will be there and take into aco**** time, day of week and the location. We never could really do it because the closest session was the same day we had team training events and i wasnt willing to drive an hour and a half for it.
                                I agree.

I live near one of the fields they rent so I'll likely sign my kid up for the summer camp and then see if the fall programs make sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X