Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Beer thrown on the field. Boo's on every American touch and 'Puto' yelled on every long kick.

Mexico saying thank you to all the liberal suckers(including every dem candidate running for president) who fight so hard to let more in every day. And a special thanks for buying their tickets into the game where they are completely drowning out the fans of the HOME TEAM. This is what you are fighting for.
    It should be dealt with by the officials immediately. Shame on Concacaf for that. There are hooligans everywhere.

Comment

It should be dealt with by the officials immediately. Shame on Concacaf for that. There are hooligans everywhere.
      new rules effective July 15

https://the18.com/soccer-news/fifa-d...e-2019-updates

Comment

"Two of the most notable changes to the FIFA disciplinary code involve an increase in the minimum ban for racist incidents and the automatic forfeiture of a match if a referee abandons a game for discriminatory incidents, which could have major ramifications for the Mexico national team should Concacaf officials actually follow these rules."

Comment

'If a referee goes through the three-step procedure — stopping the match, suspending the match and finally abandoning the match...'

Just brilliant. I can't see how anything could possibly go wrong by a referee ending a world cup qualifier in the middle of the game.

Comment

'If a referee goes through the three-step procedure — stopping the match, suspending the match and finally abandoning the match...'

Just brilliant. I can't see how anything could possibly go wrong by a referee ending a world cup qualifier in the middle of the game.
            Actually this can and should happen (when there are so many racist taunts) BUT it's the Concacaf officials who are the real scoundrels as they hire the refs and set the standards with them. If FIFA does not make real changes to CONCACAF (and this can only be done via top level firings) then it's going to be business as usual.

Comment

Actually this can and should happen (when there are so many racist taunts) BUT it's the Concacaf officials who are the real scoundrels as they hire the refs and set the standards with them. If FIFA does not make real changes to CONCACAF (and this can only be done via top level firings) then it's going to be business as usual.
              Agreed. If the referee employed by FIFA was able to hand Mexico a forfeit in the Gold Cup final because of their fans’ racist/homophobic behavior that would send a real message and stop that crap once and for all. I seriously doubt though that FIFA or the refs would do that.

Comment

Mexico says thank you!

Agreed. If the referee employed by FIFA was able to hand Mexico a forfeit in the Gold Cup final because of their fans’ racist/homophobic behavior that would send a real message and stop that crap once and for all. I seriously doubt though that FIFA or the refs would do that.
                i dont understand..... if the players are cool and respectfull on the field ....but a crazy randim fan is yelling obscenities....why don't they yank the racist fan out of the stadium!!!!!!!!!!

I dont see the logic in a team forfeiting because of this.

Comment

i dont understand..... if the players are cool and respectfull on the field ....but a crazy randim fan is yelling obscenities....why don't they yank the racist fan out of the stadium!!!!!!!!!!

What about 20,000 crazy fans yelling homophobic slurs? Could you throw them all out?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/the18.c...cup-2019%3famp

Comment

Mexico says thank you!

What about 20,000 crazy fans yelling homophobic slurs? Could you throw them all out?

yes, throw them out.....no refund!!!!!!!

Comment

Mexico says thank you!

racism is not a political issue its a personal issue that an individual has. You cant change a persons feelings!!!!!!!!...throw them all out!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think the FIFA precedent is to play games without fans, some games in Russia, and maybe Turkey?

I think there’s too many $ in Gold Cup for that to happen!

Comment

Build the wall

Comment

Build the wall
                            And make Trump pay for it.

Comment

Mexico says thank you!

I think the FIFA precedent is to play games without fans, some games in Russia, and maybe Turkey?

I think there’s too many $ in Gold Cup for that to happen!
                              if you yank a 100 people, (with no refund) the 1000s should get the picture.

the other point is this and you are right about the money, if you yank the mexico team (whos fans are so passionate) fifa will lose money either way!!!!!

Comment

There is precedent for a team to be forced to play in front of an empty stadium due to racist behavior. The problem is the US would be penalized for Mexican fans...oh the irony.

In addition, new rules in place can enable a ref to issue a forfeit:

"Thanks to the new rules, referees now have the ability to not just stop matches when they identify racist abuse from the stands, but to also declare the match an automatic forfeit on behalf of the offending fans’ club. This is without a doubt FIFA’s strongest stance against in-game racism yet. If applied correctly, it would result in a real, severe punishment that hits right were it matters most."

Of course, again, I can see the US getting penalized for Mexican fans.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X