Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USMNT moron coach

Great starting line up. If you wan to throw the tournament.

there were 20 changes collectively between the two teams, who already qualified for next round. this was b/c teams playing each other.

Comment

USNMT moron coach

I heard they made the finals

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I heard they made the finals
        They did. They managed to only give up one goal to get there, against Jamaica who looked dangerous. The reality is that, while the US at times looked strong on the attack, at other times they looked lackluster and sloppy. Consistency will be key. At least they are playing from the back more and looking to possess a bit as opposed to just dumping it forward.

Comment

They did. They managed to only give up one goal to get there, against Jamaica who looked dangerous. The reality is that, while the US at times looked strong on the attack, at other times they looked lackluster and sloppy. Consistency will be key. At least they are playing from the back more and looking to possess a bit as opposed to just dumping it forward.
          Just wait until they play a squad that puts pressure on the backs...playing from the back will lead to mistakes.
          Stupidest idea in soccer is this new love affair with playing constantly out of the back, even under pressure.
          As soon as Guardiola has had enough of that tactic and moves onto something else, then the tide will turn again

Comment

Just wait until they play a squad that puts pressure on the backs...playing from the back will lead to mistakes.
            Stupidest idea in soccer is this new love affair with playing constantly out of the back, even under pressure.
            As soon as Guardiola has had enough of that tactic and moves onto something else, then the tide will turn again
            Do you think Guardiola invented possession or something?

Comment

Do you think Guardiola invented possession or something?
              No, but he popularized it with his Barca squads.
              Man City struggles to play it. John Stones can’t handle it, loses his starting spot and then manages two mistakes for England.
              Wait till the keeper struggles
              The US is an accident waiting to happen.
              For the life of me, I can’t fathom dicking around with the ball in my defensive third, but that doesn’t mean aimless booting up the pitch. Sideways passes in the box are not safe.
              And with Pros struggling to get it right, we think we can teach our 12 yr olds to manage the intricacies.

Possession play is not the exclusive province of playing out of the back...I’ll take my possession in the mid third and offensive third of the pitch.
              And my big, fast forwards are going to work very hard to force turnovers, which they will, and then you’ll be yelling to clear the lines.
              Wheels on the bus go round and round...

Comment

No, but he popularized it with his Barca squads.
                Man City struggles to play it. John Stones can’t handle it, loses his starting spot and then manages two mistakes for England.
                Wait till the keeper struggles
                The US is an accident waiting to happen.
                For the life of me, I can’t fathom dicking around with the ball in my defensive third, but that doesn’t mean aimless booting up the pitch. Sideways passes in the box are not safe.
                And with Pros struggling to get it right, we think we can teach our 12 yr olds to manage the intricacies.

Possession play is not the exclusive province of playing out of the back...I’ll take my possession in the mid third and offensive third of the pitch.
                And my big, fast forwards are going to work very hard to force turnovers, which they will, and then you’ll be yelling to clear the lines.
                Wheels on the bus go round and round...
                It goes back decades before he "popularized it". He was a student, not the master.

Possession means keep away. It's really like a ground game in football. Time of possession means you are keeping an offense off the field.

You can't launch a ball out of the back with 50-50's and expect to have possession. Sure, if you are pressed, you get rid of it...that's common sense. Otherwise, you need to involve everyone and possess throughout the entire pitch.

If you want to chase after a ball, go get a dog.

The game is much more enjoyable to play if you have the ball vs. chasing after it.

Comment

It goes back decades before he "popularized it". He was a student, not the master.

Possession means keep away. It's really like a ground game in football. Time of possession means you are keeping an offense off the field.

You can't launch a ball out of the back with 50-50's and expect to have possession. Sure, if you are pressed, you get rid of it...that's common sense. Otherwise, you need to involve everyone and possess throughout the entire pitch.

The game is much more enjoyable to play if you have the ball vs. chasing after it.
                  Guardiola will bench you if you don’t play out of the back, regardless of pressure.
                  No common sense at all used by majority of idiot coaches...either play out if back because it’s the in thing or get yelled at.
                  Crock of crap to have waiting pack of wolves at midway to steal every pass the little girls make.
                  Lets learn to play under pressure, but in order to avoid it, we’ll have all the ladies line up...lol
                  This too, shall pass.

Comment

And you get 3 downs to move the football 10yds, at which point, you punt...hhhmmm
                    Lets give the kids 3 passes, with defensive pressure and then they can punt

Comment

Guardiola will bench you if you don’t play out of the back, regardless of pressure.
                      No common sense at all used by majority of idiot coaches...either play out if back because it’s the in thing or get yelled at.
                      Crock of crap to have waiting pack of wolves at midway to steal every pass the little girls make.
                      Lets learn to play under pressure, but in order to avoid it, we’ll have all the ladies line up...lol
                      This too, shall pass.
                      I bet you’re a town coach, cause no club would touch you.

Comment

1-0 loss to Mexico
                        Mexico was by far the better team in the second half, in part because the US really sucked. While I don’t know that the outcome would have been different, the US coach decided it was time to sub people out to give a fresh look and to have fresh legs.
                        What I don’t understand is why he didn’t sub out the one player that appeared tired and was giving the ball away on about 60% of his passes.
                        I am not saying that Bradley was great in the first half, but he certainly sucked in the second half. He looked like a US youth club player. He should have been subbed out first.

Comment

1-0 loss to Mexico
                          Mexico was by far the better team in the second half, in part because the US really sucked. While I don’t know that the outcome would have been different, the US coach decided it was time to sub people out to give a fresh look and to have fresh legs.
                          What I don’t understand is why he didn’t sub out the one player that appeared tired and was giving the ball away on about 60% of his passes.
                          I am not saying that Bradley was great in the first half, but he certainly sucked in the second half. He looked like a US youth club player. He should have been subbed out first.
                          Not saying Bradley looked stellar, but I think it was the right call to focus on the scoring component by bringing in Altidore. The USMNT lacks sub depth. Even if they pulled Bradley, who do they have to come in? Zardes, Lovitz? The team looks better than it has in years, maybe in decades, but they still lack quality players on Mexico’s level.

Comment

Not saying Bradley looked stellar, but I think it was the right call to focus on the scoring component by bringing in Altidore. The USMNT lacks sub depth. Even if they pulled Bradley, who do they have to come in? Zardes, Lovitz? The team looks better than it has in years, maybe in decades, but they still lack quality players on Mexico’s level.
                            Bradley was average in the first half, terrible in the second. The goal was a direct result of his crap marking and inability to recover. Are we saying we can’t find a younger, fitter 6 to play the ball backwards His time is over, move on

Comment

Bradley was average in the first half, terrible in the second. The goal was a direct result of his crap marking and inability to recover. Are we saying we can’t find a younger, fitter 6 to play the ball backwards His time is over, move on
                              His dad is a big Whig and this is US soccer .... All about WHO you know .... Still! He was in the wrong place all night last night, lacked hustle, and when he did get a touch, he made terrible decisions. This is out best?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X