Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women’s World Cup 2019

Women’s World Cup starts this coming Friday. Here’s my prediction for the 16 who get past group stage by group. Where I have a third place country they got there on points, the first two are top finishers.

A - France, Nigeria, South Korea
    B - Germany, Spain, China
    C - Australia, Brazil, Italy
    D - England, Japan
    E - Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand
    F - United States, Sweden

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/groups/

Any thoughts on my predictions or do you have a different bracket?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Women’s World Cup starts this coming Friday. Here’s my prediction for the 16 who get past group stage by group. Where I have a third place country they got there on points, the first two are top finishers.

A - France, Nigeria, South Korea
    B - Germany, Spain, China
    C - Australia, Brazil, Italy
    D - England, Japan
    E - Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand
    F - United States, Sweden

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/groups/

Any thoughts on my predictions or do you have a different bracket?
    Would insert current #12 ranked Norway going through in group A.

Comment

You’re probably right. South Korea is the weakest side in that group.

Comment

Norway's star is not playing in the tournament

Comment

Norway's star is not playing in the tournament
          If you are talking about Hegerberg, that’s old news. She hasn’t played for Norway since 2017. They don’t seem to be missing her too much.

Comment

USA blowing out Thailand. The latter has no business being in a World Cup. They should scrap the 24 team format. There simply aren’t that many good teams.

Comment

USA blowing out Thailand. The latter has no business being in a World Cup. They should scrap the 24 team format. There simply aren’t that many good teams.
              But that is also how you build interest in women's soccer worldwide, including more teams. Its basically the top team vs the bottom so no one should be surprised its horribly lopsided

That said I also think its classless of US to rack up the score. Everyone knows they're the returning champions. It's now 10-0.

Comment

But that is also how you build interest in women's soccer worldwide, including more teams. Its basically the top team vs the bottom so no one should be surprised its horribly lopsided

That said I also think its classless of US to rack up the score. Everyone knows they're the returning champions. It's now 10-0.
                11-0 now .... this aint rec anymore. They can't hold off ..... limited subs and they need to run and play for 90 to get tuned up for future matches. It's ok for NEFC kid to drop 9 on two GDA teams though, right?

Comment

11-0 now .... this aint rec anymore. They can't hold off ..... limited subs and they need to run and play for 90 to get tuned up for future matches. It's ok for NEFC kid to drop 9 on two GDA teams though, right?
                  Only losers have an issue with "running up the score"

Comment

Only losers have an issue with "running up the score"
                    Classy bitches

Comment

I’m sure the Thai folks will be excited to keep watching after today’s showing😉.

Comment

I’m sure the Thai folks will be excited to keep watching after today’s showing😉.
                        If I am a Thai parent, I would suggest my girl move to Golf or Badminton or Kick Boxing, This is not their sport.

Comment

That result is more embarrassing for the US team than Thailand.

Comment

Sorry, not sorry. 🇺🇸

Comment

It's just a turnoff altogether, for serious soccer fans and every-4-year fans too. No one wants to watch that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X