Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow, that is a BIG TIME hire. Gheez, they could have hired a local HS coach with a better resume. Disappointed.
    Agreed. Surprising choice.

Comment

For fun, I took a look at the MIT players who won first or second team NEWMAC recognition to see what happened to them. Going backwards, the available data was not great for classes 2014 to present as many of them were still finishing school. So, I looked at the 5 year period from 2009-2013. During that period, MIT had 11 women named to the first or second all NEWMAC team. The following is a brief summary of each:

BS in Mechanical Engineering working as a product developer for a startup

Wall Street (Goldman)

Wall Street then to a startup

MS in computer science now a product manager at Uber

Masters in Mech Eng working at a startup

Wall Street, now getting an MBA at Wharton

BS in Aerospace Eng, Masters at USC in Systems architecture, getting MBA at Sloan, while still an employee of a top company

Mechanical design engineer at Tesla

U Mich med school now a surgeon

Masters in Mechanical Eng, product design engineer, with a number of patents

Software Developer
      The above is one of my favorite posts. A few thoughts:

11 different women over 5 years named to the all conference team is very impressive. Says quite a bit for the MIT program.

No coaches, teachers, or athletic salespeople on that list. To accomplish that much athletically and still be able to perform academically is amazing. Congrats to them. They are exemplars of what a student athlete should be.

The academic road at MIT is not easy. there is no special program for athletes. ALL students must complete the rigorous university requirements which include calculus, physics, chemistry, bio, labs, etc. etc.

I was surprised only 1 went to med school. I had heard that med school is a very popular destination for MIT women.

Comment

11 different women over 5 years named to the all conference team is very impressive. Says quite a bit for the MIT program.

No coaches, teachers, or athletic salespeople on that list. To accomplish that much athletically and still be able to perform academically is amazing. Congrats to them. They are exemplars of what a student athlete should be.

The academic road at MIT is not easy. there is no special program for athletes. ALL students must complete the rigorous university requirements which include calculus, physics, chemistry, bio, labs, etc. etc.

I was surprised only 1 went to med school. I had heard that med school is a very popular destination for MIT women.
        Not surprised about medical school as it is predominantly the top engineering school. You should add that they are also often in top 20 of D3.

Comment

Their poor parents, though....they only get to say their daughter attended a D3 school. Oh, the shame! (not)

Comment

Their poor parents, though....they only get to say their daughter attended a D3 school. Oh, the shame! (not)
            Yep....those friggin FACE SAVERS! Must suck to suck.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. However, not sure the takeaway for most people. These women are unicorns. All-conference soccer ability (albeit at D3) with top of the heap academic ability, and the executive function to be able to balance the two.

Comment

russian brides

whilst still being so cherished

had been thousands of people, in the company of and this also many persons perhaps teams of pals, a great deal of motorcyclist, other peers additionally, as well as several supporters along with snowboarding clubBeikta JK that features its athletic field situated just now via theDolmabahePalace.

associated with people endured flags, t-shirts, there's a chance a rosette or badge with a photograph as to Mustafa Kemal. everyone was very low-noise, more often than not pleasant nevertheless quite solemn, on top of that benefiting from the item splendidly inviting fall a. m,evening. often, we were looking at chanting slogans russian brides or songs when it comes to Mustafa Kemal, here in particularzmir mar.

there have been so many people that internet site been recently stuffed as roads were covered with people. an organization was likely showing an extended, lengthy, Long hole my personal opinion this in turn require to be some sort of list the actual at best, it might currently a distance large.

inside of the long, particularly long, large flag

at the clearly five or so minutes times nine, now we got word several of sirens just what survived for every minute, following all sang the nation's anthem.

apparently, theDolmabahePalace had receptive in particular and free to that occasions. tourists had to wait rather long lines to let yourself be in i had to spend two hrs in total together with to do a world why receives individuals using the back yards, rrnside the construction, In the bedroom whereAtatrk perished (where by by folks lay russian beauty plants), later from medial side of a garden to a exit.

Comment

D3 soccer(girls) is not good that is a known fact.

Comment

Uh okay. You is not good too. Have another one.

Comment

You know what else is a known fact? Of the 300+ mens D1 soccer programs over 280+ suck; in a similar trend, over 280+ of the 300+ women's programs play really unappealing soccer and still, apparently do not understand the game either.

Comment

You know what else is a known fact? Of the 300+ mens D1 soccer programs over 280+ suck; in a similar trend, over 280+ of the 300+ women's programs play really unappealing soccer and still, apparently do not understand the game either.
                        Lol. So obviously you think it’s a hell of a lot better at the D3 level where the players are a step too slow, their touch a bit sloppy, their speed of play lagging, and their primary focus on their studies. The beautiful game played in molasses that level is.

Comment

They should be proud of their daughters - MIT is quite a brand.
                          it’s not a soccer brand tho and we are Talking Soccer, so its a disappointment

Comment

I am socked at the amount of D1 level coaches that have no clue about tactics. The pick the biggest athletic players and play long most of the game to score goals.

Comment

I am socked at the amount of D1 level coaches that have no clue about tactics. The pick the biggest athletic players and play long most of the game to score goals.
                              Like many say, it's high school on steroids

Comment

So true. The quality of soccer my D plays is great to watch. You can have those big fast kids playing overly physical boot ball. My D may be slow, but so is everyone else, so they have plenty of time on the ball to make smart passes and consider tactics with interesting overlap patterns. Sometimes, when the defenders trip, our forwards break through. Because the goalies rarely come off their line, we see goals. So much more exciting.

The beautiful game is just more beautiful when performance and game results take a back seat to playing properly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X