X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with highlight video

Any suggestions for duration and music?

Two minutes or under. If a coach even watches it they won't spend any more on it that that. If they want more they'll ask. Highlights showing different skills. Don't waste time with fancy graphics and don't obsess too much about music. Just pick something catchy that isn't obnoxious. Make sure there's a page that includes name, club and high school, key stats and any key accomplishments.

Comment

Based on advice we've received at ID camps, I mute videos that we send to coaches.

Comment

As a college coach, recruitment videos are used as one of many tools to evaluate a player. The average video is about 3 to 4 minutes, length of a song and varies in levels of detail. The music really does not matter it just makes watching a bit easier. As a posted stated make sure it is appropriate and upbeat to keep the coach's attention.

I will agree to start off with a bio page and also circle yourself at the beginning of every clip so we can figure out who you are with ease. I would recommend to make your clips a few seconds before and after especially if it leads to a goal or a positive situation. Please do not use all your highlights from 1 game. You need to have multiple games against strong and weak competition. We can usually tell the level of competition based on the speed of play in the video. As for content, I personnel like a bit of everything but depends on your position.

I will take the less glamorous position of Center Back and what I look for in the video. I want to see basic skill, foot work, over all positioning, movement off the ball after making passes, press vs delay, 1v1 defending, pressure cover, ability to play out of the back, ability to skip the first or even second line of defense when appropriate, defensive heading out and away, ability to win balls on corner kicks, and most important how you reacted to a mistake because we all know you are not perfect. I actually like to see a player get beat 1v1 or make a bad pass and how they reacted to the situation. Again you might put 2 clips and will put a positive reaction like chasing the player down and winning the ball back.

Normally you will see several of these things in one clip and you can start to make decision if you want to watch this player more in games to get a better understanding of their abilities.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X