Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    LaSalle Kepler best in state based on a breakaway save. Wow you’re right, case closed. No one has ever made a breakaway save.
    I saw the Barrington keeper make about 6 of them in one game when we played her last season. That’s when she hit my radar.

Comment

I saw the Barrington keeper make about 6 of them in one game when we played her last season. That’s when she hit my radar.
      I honestly forgot about the Barrington Keeper.. You are correct sir.
      1. SK 2. LaSalle 3. Smithfield 4. Barrington 5. CW 6. NK 7. Scituate

Comment

Bayview at Prout postponed due to field conditions.
        Prout field conditions - shocker there!

According to what I can see from NFHS, the field requirements are only suggestive and left up to the local associations. Of course, RIIL won't step up and have some standards (although we have to make sure socks are just so..) - especially for the private schools.

A school that doesn't have football and is D1 should have a decent field or at least coordinate with the local towns - geez, Prout will play 5 games in a 7 day span at the end of the season -- really great concern for your student-athletes there.

Comment

Thanks you are correct! Because I know a goalie who would not have saved that! lol
          Sparta!!!!
          At this point you seem to be the only one who keeps this issue on the radar because everyone else seems to have moved on and could care less about one individual. It will be too funny if they actually end up in either first or second team after you have spent so much time bashing them. It will be your own fault for creating such a buzz for them.
          Maybe then you can break out your "lol" to your own child who obviously is not getting mentioned by anyone.What school is she from so we can give her a shoutout and then be done with it? I would go Barrington then SK for keepers with 3-5 very close after that with Lasalle, Smith and Scit.

Comment

Prout field conditions - shocker there!

According to what I can see from NFHS, the field requirements are only suggestive and left up to the local associations. Of course, RIIL won't step up and have some standards (although we have to make sure socks are just so..) - especially for the private schools.

A school that doesn't have football and is D1 should have a decent field or at least coordinate with the local towns - geez, Prout will play 5 games in a 7 day span at the end of the season -- really great concern for your student-athletes there.
            All the postponements are a big issue this season. First it was excessive heat, and now it’s been weeks of rain. This is good argument for more turf fields up in New England. It’s ridiculous that the sun was shining but multiple games are being cancelled due to poor field conditions. Heck, we should be playing in rain as long as there is no thunder or lightning. Now teams are going to be AVERAGING 3 games a week to fit them all in. Definitely not ideal.

Comment

All the postponements are a big issue this season. First it was excessive heat, and now it’s been weeks of rain. This is good argument for more turf fields up in New England. It’s ridiculous that the sun was shining but multiple games are being cancelled due to poor field conditions. Heck, we should be playing in rain as long as there is no thunder or lightning. Now teams are going to be AVERAGING 3 games a week to fit them all in. Definitely not ideal.
              all the money they pay and then can't play games due to the filed is a joke....

Comment

Argument for 4 divisions, fewer games. I'd argue for more synthetic turf except playing on RIC's crappy field by Nov is the main equalizer against LSA in D1 girls.

Playing in rain = schools have become more liability sensitive (for good reasons in many cases in this first reaction is to sue mindset in education)

You also have the politics about $$ - I get playing the game at your high school better school spirit, control maybe etc..but there are some towns with terrific town association fields that are usually pristine in the fall (only U-14? teams playing) and they don't get used by the local HS due to the gate receipts and/or use cost issues. Schools with natural fields that share with football are done by early October...and some are just awful to begin with (Prout).

Comment

Argument for 4 divisions, fewer games. I'd argue for more synthetic turf except playing on RIC's crappy field by Nov is the main equalizer against LSA in D1 girls.

Playing in rain = schools have become more liability sensitive (for good reasons in many cases in this first reaction is to sue mindset in education)

You also have the politics about $$ - I get playing the game at your high school better school spirit, control maybe etc..but there are some towns with terrific town association fields that are usually pristine in the fall (only U-14? teams playing) and they don't get used by the local HS due to the gate receipts and/or use cost issues. Schools with natural fields that share with football are done by early October...and some are just awful to begin with (Prout).
                  Yes, I agree that 4 smaller divisions is the MOST sensible change to be made, and since RIIL will never do the sensible thing, I guess we can just all enjoy our kids pounding out 4 games a week for the last 3 weeks of the season.

Comment

In D2, what on earth happened to North Smithfield and Moses Brown who we were expecting to be key challengers....shocking to see two strong teams from last year that just flat-out suck right now...did everyone graduate or get hurt?
                    Well this week showed it's pretty much Pilgrim and then a big gap..probably more of a lock than LSA.

Take away Burrillville's one game v. CW, and that team only has 1 goal for in 7 games..yikes. Should swap Pilgrim and them next year, assuming RIIL won't adopt a four division system.

Comment

Well this week showed it's pretty much Pilgrim and then a big gap..probably more of a lock than LSA.

Take away Burrillville's one game v. CW, and that team only has 1 goal for in 7 games..yikes. Should swap Pilgrim and them next year, assuming RIIL won't adopt a four division system.
                      Exactly. They were shut out again last night. Pilgrim should have never been allowed to move down. They weren't as bad as they cried to be. They were actually a decent team. With a D1 coach they would have held there own. So I agree with that swap. Chariho is a good strong D2 team. And Pilgrim beats them like that? They went down for a championship. Their leading scorer is good but does not have those points in D1. Sorry.

LaSalle rolled again last night. Burrillville lost to NK. Mt. Hope over Barrington?

Any score for SMITHFIELD VS. PROUT???

Comment

Watch for CW to explode and romp over Lasalle tonight. It is going to be the game that propels them on their march to the championship. You heard it here first!

Comment

That would be quite the feat since CW plays Mt Hope tonight

Comment

Lincoln quietly moving into the picture.

Comment

Exactly. They were shut out again last night. Pilgrim should have never been allowed to move down. They weren't as bad as they cried to be. They were actually a decent team. With a D1 coach they would have held there own. So I agree with that swap. Chariho is a good strong D2 team. And Pilgrim beats them like that? They went down for a championship. Their leading scorer is good but does not have those points in D1. Sorry.

LaSalle rolled again last night. Burrillville lost to NK. Mt. Hope over Barrington?

Any score for SMITHFIELD VS. PROUT???
                              I believe Prout has cancelled both that game and today's game v Lincoln (which was a makeup? Great, the Prout kids will be playing something like 6 games in a 10 day span..bite the bullet and ask SK, NK, URI, or Narragansett for a playable field...

Comment

Bayview 3 Scituate 1 today.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X