2018 HS Girls Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did SK and Coventry play last night? No scores posted. After two surprising ties, SK in dire need of 3 points.

Comment

SK made a few adjustments and beat Coventy 4-1, hopefully they’ve figured a few things out now

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Did SK and Coventry play last night? No scores posted. After two surprising ties, SK in dire need of 3 points.
        SK 4 - Coventry 1

Comment

Best competition we’ve seen in awhile. Great D. Barrington is likely to be top 3 this season.
          So I work in Providence, and decided to skip out a little early and scout this game. These were my impressions take em or leave em. LaSalle definitely deeper and more talented as a whole (as to be expected), but Barrington has a few standout players (GK, smaller CM, CB, and one of the OB most noticeably), but they also played really well as a team and seem to frustrate Laselle a lot. It got to the point where all LaSalle defenders were doing were kicking it long every time they touched the ball. They were looking for their fast forwards and PYO and kinda just forgoing possession. So as to be expected with that, most of the action was the in Barrington half with the defense and GK doing great work shot down most of best LaSalle chances. Barrington offense was barely noticeable, partly due to the forwards being on an island up top and not able to get through the talented LaSalle midfield, and the fact that when LaSalle D got involved, they just booted it up field (especially in second half when LaSalle was desperate to get a goal. They did wear down Barrington D long enough for POY to make an awesome move to get around CB, and net an easy goal. Barrington applied their best pressure at end of the game to make it interesting, but in the end it was too little too late. Be interesting to see how SK matches up with LaSalle & Barrington this season, but I concur that it’s probably a 3 team race, with LaSalle still the obvious favorite. But I was surprised by the fight of Barrington.

Comment

Who won Lincoln or Scituate? Good game?

Comment

Who won Lincoln or Scituate? Good game?
              Scituate 3
              Lincoln 2

Comment

Scituate 3
                Lincoln 2
                Yes pretty even game. Scituate with a few more chances than Lincoln. Good game

Comment

In checking the old records I don’t think any team new to d1 has won more than three games in the past decade. Looks like Scituate will beat that... are they top four material?

Comment

LSA parents

I can’t believe how obnoxious some of the LAS girls parents are!!
                    Of course you should win every game but let’s see what happeneds next year when their top players graduate.
                    You don’t have any soph or jrs who have any skills to step up and all the running that the coach has them doing won’t be helping.
                    This is the last year for LSA girls for a few years.

Comment

Lsa

There are many sophmores and juniors you didnt see play that are at the same skill level that LSA currently displays. Its early to count out teams for next year. LSA has a deep bench and unless you go to EVERY game you will never truly know the complete picture.

Comment

In checking the old records I don’t think any team new to d1 has won more than three games in the past decade. Looks like Scituate will beat that... are they top four material?
                        Must be GKs parent/s... lol... who cares!

Comment

Must be GKs parent/s... lol... who cares!
                          What a jealous piece of crap. What will you say when that kid gets first team all state?

Comment

What a jealous piece of crap. What will you say when that kid gets first team all state?
                            Ok, neutral observer to this whole Scituate GK banter, and I will say this ... i have always though it’s ridiculous to always assume any compliment to any HS player is always “mom” or “dad” or worth being ridiculed. I am all about supporting and cheering on the success of our athletes instead of tearing them down. However, WHOEVER it is who keeps trying to “pimp” the Scituate team and/or goalie every chance and by making statements like are above, do not help your cause. I’m almost inclined to think it’s a troll because I cannot believe a serious supporter of that team or that goalie, would ever post something like that so early in the season, especially with all the other D1 goalie talent out there. Don’t you see how it’s only setting that player and her team to be ridiculed? Not saying that is right either, but the more someone is constantly “pushed” and “bragged about”... the bigger the pushback. Just let the team and the player do their “talking” on the field and if deserved, the accolades will follow. And if they don’t, we’ll they don’t. Not the end of the world, and you will avoid the inevitable ridicule you’ll receive for being wrong.

Comment

Go back and look at EWG's first year in D1 (2013) after dominating D2 for 3 straight years..they went 9-2-3 and were the (4) seed, advancing to the semi-finals losing 2-1 to LSA and probably would have won the D1 title if they had gotten past LSA. (if you want to tout Scituate and not just the current team, I believe the 2006 Scituate team is the only one to win a D2 crown the prior year and then win D1 championship in their first year after moving up).

Also, Coventry won 5 games, made the playoffs and gave SK a good scare in the prelim game in 2016 after Coventry had two D2 finals appearances in 2014 and 2015 and undefeated regular seasons both years.

The fact that Scituate is holding its own so far, could win 6-7 games, and make the playoffs is better than most on this board would have thought..but no need for throwing out incorrect statements to pump the team up.

Comment

Too bad her parents set her up for a big fall!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X