Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is the reason for all of it. They are all businesses. If people want to buy it, then there is a reason for it. Starbucks and Dunkin are parallel products. No reason for both other then trying to make $$$. selling coffee.
    As long as Starbucks and DD have unique products that customers want and that can be differentiated, they both can exist, even side by side. But once something slides - quality or perceived price vale slides, consumer tastes change, one brand offers a hot a new product - then customers will move.

The one good thing about all the leagues and clubs is there's something for everybody at many price points and commitment levels. The bad part is there isn't enough talent to fill all the squads and leagues with the appropriate quality. Until families start pushing back or dropping out nothing will change. However, there have been several reports about significant declines in the number of youth soccer players. Leagues and clubs are going to have to change how they operate or go out of business. Not all will survive.

Comment

So as currently constituted, what is the reason for a girl to leave ECNL for GDA?

Comment

So as currently constituted, what is the reason for a girl to leave ECNL for GDA?
        No reason to choose based on league. Choose based on coach, location, cost, travel, ect. And then play in whatever league to which that team belongs.

Comment

Better training, more visibility.

Comment

Better training, more visibility.
            That is a nonsense generality. Maybe better training, maybe not. Maybe better connections, maybe not. Do your homework rather then blindly join a league.

Comment

That is a nonsense generality. Maybe better training, maybe not. Maybe better connections, maybe not. Do your homework rather then blindly join a league.

I did, and stand by my answer.

Comment

Good. Not everyone does that. They think there is one easy answer for a player based on league. Been at this for a while and have seen players in seemingly poor situations but they tolerate it because it of an a league designation.

Comment

There is a lot of variability in the training at GDA clubs within the NY metro area. So yes, you could get better training at some clubs, and at others, way worse than even NPL teams. Each decision is going to vary on the age group and who is coaching the various teams. One league is not better than the other, and that's part of the problem. We are all trying to figure out what works best for each individual situation.

If you have access to a good GDA club and like their "product", that's great. There are too many generalizations otherwise.

Comment

There is a lot of variability in the training at GDA clubs within the NY metro area. So yes, you could get better training at some clubs, and at others, way worse than even NPL teams. Each decision is going to vary on the age group and who is coaching the various teams. One league is not better than the other, and that's part of the problem. We are all trying to figure out what works best for each individual situation.

If you have access to a good GDA club and like their "product", that's great. There are too many generalizations otherwise.
                    So, that's the same anywhere then.

The question was as currently constructed, why would one choose DA over ECNL. My answer is training and visibility.

Comment

So, that's the same anywhere then.

The question was as currently constructed, why would one choose DA over ECNL. My answer is training and visibility.
                      You could answer the same as to why would one choose ecnl over gda or why would one choose npl over gda or ecnl. And would be an equally useless answer. It depends.

Comment

A more useful discussion is for this age and for this location,what are the pros and cons of team a, b, and c. Then u can get into coaching philosophies, styles, playing time, costs, travel burden etc. And approach it with some useful specifics about a match for a specific player. Those types of discussions are difficult to have on anonymous formus but are more possible in person.

Comment

You could answer the same as to why would one choose ecnl over gda or why would one choose npl over gda or ecnl. And would be an equally useless answer. It depends.
                          Right, but I won't speak on anyone's behalf. They can answer on their own.

I will only answer on our own behalf, and still stand by that answer.

Comment

Right, but I won't speak on anyone's behalf. They can answer on their own.

I will only answer on our own behalf, and still stand by that answer.
                            You seem to have a good gda option for your player. Can't say the same for my neighborhood.

There are few outstanding options out there. If u have one, great. Most have to try to make something sub-optimal work.

Comment

https://www.soccertoday.com/u-s-socc...back-to-clubs/

Is it true?

Comment

did you even look at the date on the article? There is no DA U12 any longer, U13 may be be next

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X