Atletico-Track record
    Barca-The badge
    Cosmos-Broke
    East Meadow-Past reputation, politics
    Rough Riders-Town trainers, camps
    Surf-Coaches, Coaches, and Coaches
    SUSA-Large town affiliate network
    Valencia-Low key/Under the radar.

I think it's fair to say that with Barca, Surf, and Valencia launching this September approximately 1000 registrations combined will be locked up. For arguments sake, let's say that those kids are paying in the neighborhood of 3k for yearly training plus winter fees, etc, etc...and we are talking about 3 million in revenue getting pulled out of a very crowded Long Island landscape.

Can the market sustain it?
    Will any clubs fold and/or combine? If yes, will it be in year 1, 2, 3 etc, etc...
    Will Long Island have a viable Boys DA program in the future? If yes, rank who has the best odds.

My low cost club has been getting more calls from outside players to join us than ever before in our history. We've added 2 teams and are approaching max rosters on most of our existing ones.

I guess not everyone is excited at the though of paying thousands of dollars a year on rec soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The players
      Albertson-Past Reputation, politics
      Atletico-Track record
      Barca-The badge
      Cosmos-Broke
      East Meadow-Past reputation, politics
      Rough Riders-Town trainers, camps
      Surf-Coaches, Coaches, and Coaches
      SUSA-Large town affiliate network
      Valencia-Low key/Under the radar.

I think it's fair to say that with Barca, Surf, and Valencia launching this September approximately 1000 registrations combined will be locked up. For arguments sake, let's say that those kids are paying in the neighborhood of 3k for yearly training plus winter fees, etc, etc...and we are talking about 3 million in revenue getting pulled out of a very crowded Long Island landscape.

Can the market sustain it?
      Will any clubs fold and/or combine? If yes, will it be in year 1, 2, 3 etc, etc...
      Will Long Island have a viable Boys DA program in the future? If yes, rank who has the best odds.
      Not from LI but this appears to be what's wrong with the soccer scene on the island

Namely too many clubs
      Players / Parents hopping from one golden club to the next

Seems this year it's Barca. Last year was Surf. In two years it will be some other new club.

Comment

Alot of these kids are not in it for the recreational aspect. If they were they would be on intramural or town travel. The kids, when challenged, do benefit from it.

To the OP, I don't think teams/clubs will fold. I think the opposite. It may increase their popularity for some that may otherwise thought their kid wasn't good enough. They'll be fine.

Comment

Alot of these kids are not in it for the recreational aspect. If they were they would be on intramural or town travel. The kids, when challenged, do benefit from it.

To the OP, I don't think teams/clubs will fold. I think the opposite. It may increase their popularity for some that may otherwise thought their kid wasn't good enough. They'll be fine.
          The mega clubs rarely fold - they have enough scale to survive. If they do it usually takes a few years of a downward slide. What is disappearing are the small and medium sized clubs. Not all of them are/were good, but some are/were good training grounds for ulittles or lower level players that aren't strong enough for the more competitive leagues or didn't want a more competitive league. Bigger isn't always better.

Comment

I think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Barca and/or SUSA aren't able to develop their facilities.

Comment

I think it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Barca and/or SUSA aren't able to develop their facilities.
              I think they both will go through with building their facilities. Word on the street is that Susa will downscale because of Barcelona. We will have to see what really happens.

Comment

If Barca wants it bad enough the cost is a rounding error to them. SUSA is different.

Comment

I think they both will go through with building their facilities. Word on the street is that Susa will downscale because of Barcelona. We will have to see what really happens.
                  SUSA doesn't even have a signed lease yet. They are moving in that direction but need to sign the lease, THEN file the permits, then go through variances hearings and so on and then maybe, maybe a couple of years down the road a shovel will hit the ground.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X