Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I also think it is important as a coach to provide some insight into the roadmap for development. One of the things I saw in this string was a criticism of putting kids out of their natural positions causing the team to lose. Well, if the team is on the younger side, that is a good thing the coach is doing, not a bad thing. If the coach communicates the importance of cross-training as well as putting kids in challenging positions to see how they deal with it, perhaps the disgruntled parents would understand why that might fit into development vs. chasing trophies. Also, I have often heard parents complain that coaches aren't focused on shooting enough when a team might go into a scoring drought. Well, perhaps it is good to educate the parents on the need to first develop the ability to possess as a team, then create opportunities, followed by working on finishing... and how finishing is often better done at the younger ages in small groups, not in full training sessions.
    you are a douche bag and your kid sucks period the end move on moron

Comment

you are a douche bag and your kid sucks period the end move on moron
      Dude, the club we are in does this very well. Not complaining about a coach, but following up on the prior coach's comment about customer service, which is true. You must have a micro penis to react that way. I'd hate to go through life so f*cking insecure.

Comment

This has nothing to do with how talented my kid is. We are the parents who watch every training session, see exactly what is happening on a daily basis and therefore know exactly what is lacking. If the other parents actually paid attention they would see the same thing we do. Parents who are not involved are not going to help the team, we are doing them a favor by pushing for this change and holding the club accountable. We would never consider ourselves club hoppers, this is only our second club because the first was a total bust and we won't let that experience repeat itself.
        But you are letting that experience repeat itself if you plan to walk away. Wouldn't that be considered a total bust? If you go to another club, your third, you are definitely a club hopper.

Comment

As a coach I really appreciate your feedback cause I have no practice deal what I am doing. Look at me i drive a pick up truck I can’t afford. When I add up my wages and subtract my expenses I am always upside down. Please give me your feedback because I am so underpaid ibreally need other people’s opinion because I am checked out

Comment

Best coach my kid ever had was at u9 div 2. Coach just had them scrimmage every practice, told them (1) do not hurt anyone, and (2) try out all of the stuff you would be afraid to do in a game. Team sucked at u9, but my kid and another turned out pretty good.

Comment

This has nothing to do with how talented my kid is. We are the parents who watch every training session, see exactly what is happening on a daily basis and therefore know exactly what is lacking. If the other parents actually paid attention they would see the same thing we do. Parents who are not involved are not going to help the team, we are doing them a favor by pushing for this change and holding the club accountable. We would never consider ourselves club hoppers, this is only our second club because the first was a total bust and we won't let that experience repeat itself.
              IF your kid ever plays in college:

1) you will not be "watching every session"
              2) you will not "see exactly what is happening on a daily basis"
              3) you will not be "pushing for any change"
              4) you will not be "holding the college coach accountable"

However, you will be teaching your kid that quitting (or transferring) is perfectly acceptable. The faster that you learn, as a parent, that high-level soccer (DA or ECNL) is preparing your kid for college, the better off your kid will be.

The bottom line: BUTT OUT

Comment

However, you will be teaching your kid that quitting (or transferring) is perfectly acceptable. The faster that you learn, as a parent, that high-level soccer (DA or ECNL) is preparing your kid for college, the better off your kid will be.

This is the closest thing to accurate I've seen on this thread that I keep reading even though I feel a little dumber every time I do. Honestly, the OP and his or her supporters simply dont have alot.of hope in this game...because of the parents, not the kid

Comment

This is the closest thing to accurate I've seen on this thread that I keep reading even though I feel a little dumber every time I do. Honestly, the OP and his or her supporters simply dont have alot.of hope in this game...because of the parents, not the kid
                  But we get to travel for tournaments. That has to count for something.

Comment

Pretty sure this is going to end up well for you. Keep us informed!

Comment

Leave the current coach alone and move the core players to another club. Then you find your "perfect" coach, you get the other team's core players combined with yours, and then you have a very good, competitive team!

Comment

His story has been written 1000 times or more. the kid will get dragged from club o club, dad never happy with the coaching (and what makes him an expert?).

Comment

Thanks. We are making progress. There have been a couple parents whose support for the change has not been as strong as we’d hoped for and have not been willing to take a stand when push came to shove. But we’ve let the club know how they feel on their behalf. Most importantly, we have the team manager, who is great, as a vocal supporter of the change. The club called a team meeting the other night where they have placed our team on an action plan where several coaches, including our current coach, will take turns training our team over the next month to see if there is a better fit. The club needs to make the change now, they are delaying, so we will keep the pressure on.

Comment

No parent should be watching every practice. From time to time, sure. More than that is obsessive and honestly not good for your kid. You either trust the coach's ability or you don't. If you don't feel free to go to the club to complain (good luck with that) or leave. Some coaches really aren't good so do what you have to do. But part of a players' success or failure is what they do themselves on their own time. A coach isn't going to make a player. A player largely determines their own fate.

Your excellent list really applies in high school, and is 100% spot on for college. Some parents think they can push HS coaches around but they rarely can and HS coaches hate overinvolved parents. You'll set your kid up as a bench warmer. College coaches can smell trouble parents a mile away and will pass on players with dbag parents

Comment

Dumb thread. If you’re unhappy, just leave. But first, ask your child if he/she is unhappy. What age group? Is the coach doing anything immoral, illegal, or unethical? Is he good with kids in general? Not just soccer related... I could go on & on & on.

Comment

You say you want a revolution

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X