Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, heard about those two teams. Whole 'nother discussion on how that all came down.

I could see if you were on their top team it would be worth the increased quality. The Select, West, B, whatever marketing scheme they are calling it is not much different than here.
    Yes-that's a big debate on the MA page (started by a parent who is unhappy)...

Comment

So overall, they are probably training with a slightly stronger team now...

they are likely going primarily for the ECNL exposure... It would also make a difference which of the 2 Stars ECNL teams they are on. In most cases, the East team is stronger than the West team. Both play in the same division and go to the same showcases and tournaments, though...
      I know 3 NH girls on one Stars ECNL team that did very well last year. All 3 are major contributors to that team and would most definitely be dominant on a NH team as well. For them, they needed to move to play with and against more challenging players in order to progress their development.

Comment

I know 3 NH girls on one Stars ECNL team that did very well last year. All 3 are major contributors to that team and would most definitely be dominant on a NH team as well. For them, they needed to move to play with and against more challenging players in order to progress their development.
        What age?

Comment

Yeah, heard about those two teams. Whole 'nother discussion on how that all came down.

I could see if you were on their top team it would be worth the increased quality. The Select, West, B, whatever marketing scheme they are calling it is not much different than here.
          Sad this escalated to knocking girls from New Hampshire who chose to go to Mass. The choice those families made were their own and for their own reasons and yet people come on here and bash them. Why? For not staying in New Hampshire? And when did any team in NH beat a top Mass team? GPS and Seacoast put teams in top brackets with ECNL Mass teams and lose. I have never seen a GPS NH team beat a Stars ECNL team. Ever. So how can you say New Hampshire teams are similar to Mass and Mass is “not much different than here”? And that those girls playing Stars ECNL aren’t “that great” and would be middle of the road in Nee Hampshire? It doesn’t make any sense. If a family wants to play in New Hampshire then great. They want to play in Mass then great. Why do you care so much? And it sounds like you have an axe to grind with some people who are in Mass. Bashing kids on here is pretty shi$ty. I guess your awesome player could play anywhere and be very best. Whatever. Get a scholarship and prove it. Maybe she already has one. If she does then great but quit crapping on others. Sour grapes.

Comment

Sad this escalated to knocking girls from New Hampshire who chose to go to Mass. The choice those families made were their own and for their own reasons and yet people come on here and bash them. Why? For not staying in New Hampshire? And when did any team in NH beat a top Mass team? GPS and Seacoast put teams in top brackets with ECNL Mass teams and lose. I have never seen a GPS NH team beat a Stars ECNL team. Ever. So how can you say New Hampshire teams are similar to Mass and Mass is “not much different than here”? And that those girls playing Stars ECNL aren’t “that great” and would be middle of the road in Nee Hampshire? It doesn’t make any sense. If a family wants to play in New Hampshire then great. They want to play in Mass then great. Why do you care so much? And it sounds like you have an axe to grind with some people who are in Mass. Bashing kids on here is pretty shi$ty. I guess your awesome player could play anywhere and be very best. Whatever. Get a scholarship and prove it. Maybe she already has one. If she does then great but quit crapping on others. Sour grapes.
            Ohhh...where to begin. I'll have to pull out that run-on paragraph to make my replies:

1) Sad, yes. Too bad the Stars group comes on to every thread to tell everyone how great Mass and Stars are, and when people don't agree, they get offended. "He who cast the first stone..." Happens in every thread.

2) I agree everyone makes a choice based on their own set of circumstances and needs to answer to no one. I do know some people made choices based on some factors that changed. Some are not happy about it, and others I suspect are loathe to admit a mistake.

3) It would doubt any NH team beats a top MA team consistently, since they typically are not playing in the same leagues. But, I do know Seacoast has beat NEFC's top team and SSS's top team in both the 04 and 05 ages within the last year alone. So, it does happen.

4) Where did anyone say "middle of the road"? Very good players in the upper tier of Stars, and will be upper tier here. Sorry, just not over the top great and so outstanding that are light years above their teammates. That's reality.

5) I don't care at all. Only making comparison to levels of play and players to give an alternating opinion to those who think their shlt don't stink.

6) Not bashing any kids; been quite complimentary to them as, again, I think they would still be among the best in any program in NH. Those I know are all really great kids. How is that bashing?

7) No, my kid is not above and beyond anyone and would not be a star anywhere. I never made any assertion to their level of skill.

I think the sour grapes are yours as you are upset not everyone holds your little angel in the same regard you do.

Again, for the umpteenth time, all very good players and be happy where they are and with the decisions you have made for them.

Comment

You are delusional. are you aware that at 04 Stars ECNL beat GPS NH 04 14-0.

its not even close.

Comment

Ohhh...where to begin. I'll have to pull out that run-on paragraph to make my replies:

1) Sad, yes. Too bad the Stars group comes on to every thread to tell everyone how great Mass and Stars are, and when people don't agree, they get offended. "He who cast the first stone..." Happens in every thread.

2) I agree everyone makes a choice based on their own set of circumstances and needs to answer to no one. I do know some people made choices based on some factors that changed. Some are not happy about it, and others I suspect are loathe to admit a mistake.

3) It would doubt any NH team beats a top MA team consistently, since they typically are not playing in the same leagues. But, I do know Seacoast has beat NEFC's top team and SSS's top team in both the 04 and 05 ages within the last year alone. So, it does happen.

4) Where did anyone say "middle of the road"? Very good players in the upper tier of Stars, and will be upper tier here. Sorry, just not over the top great and so outstanding that are light years above their teammates. That's reality.

5) I don't care at all. Only making comparison to levels of play and players to give an alternating opinion to those who think their shlt don't stink.

6) Not bashing any kids; been quite complimentary to them as, again, I think they would still be among the best in any program in NH. Those I know are all really great kids. How is that bashing?

7) No, my kid is not above and beyond anyone and would not be a star anywhere. I never made any assertion to their level of skill.

I think the sour grapes are yours as you are upset not everyone holds your little angel in the same regard you do.

Again, for the umpteenth time, all very good players and be happy where they are and with the decisions you have made for them.

Should also be worth noting that EVERY single 00/01 player from NH that plays Stars ECNL has committed to a D1 college, must be doing something right?

Comment

You are delusional. are you aware that at 04 Stars ECNL beat GPS NH 04 14-0.

its not even close.
                  Cool. Not sure what that means in reference to the teams, but cool nonetheless.

Comment

Should also be worth noting that EVERY single 00/01 player from NH that plays Stars ECNL has committed to a D1 college, must be doing something right?
                    There you go again...

Basically, anything but felating at the foot of the Stars program you take it negatively. Understood.

No, your not insecure. Not at all..... (insert eye-roll here)

Comment

There you go again...

Basically, anything but felating at the foot of the Stars program you take it negatively. Understood.

How many other seniors from NH are committed to D1 schools?

Comment

There you go again...

"teams in mass and NH are equal."

gets presented tangible evidence of benefit of ecnl and travel to mass..

"youre insecure, eye roll"

Comment

How many other seniors from NH are committed to D1 schools?

No idea. There's a commit list thread that maybe you should give a looksie to?

How does that change any of the statements that you made, that were shot down?

Again, lots of very, very good players in MA who would be very, very good players in NH as well. No, they would not be so over-the-top "OMFG she's wicked awesome good let me kiss your boots" good, but good none-the-less.

Let it go mom. It's OK to have a slanted view toward your child but this is beyond that.

Comment

"teams in mass and NH are equal."

gets presented tangible evidence of benefit of ecnl and travel to mass..

"youre insecure, eye roll"
                            Where was it stated the teams are equal?

Comment

Coming at this with a younger daughter and deciding on her future. We are currently at Seacoast but no high school is not sitting well with the kiddo.

I’m not understanding the debate. If the girls from New Hampshire that are playing in Massachusetts are all playing division 1 in college but they are the same ability as the good soccer girls in New Hampshire and their teams are the same as the top teams in New Hampshire as well then why does it seem like more from Massachusetts teams are playing division 1? If everything is the same then shouldn’t there be as many girls from New Hampshire playing division 1? Are there? Is there a list somewhere by state to see and what club and where the division 1 players are from over the last few years? Thanks.

Comment

Coming at this with a younger daughter and deciding on her future. We are currently at Seacoast but no high school is not sitting well with the kiddo.

I’m not understanding the debate. If the girls from New Hampshire that are playing in Massachusetts are all playing division 1 in college but they are the same ability as the good soccer girls in New Hampshire and their teams are the same as the top teams in New Hampshire as well then why does it seem like more from Massachusetts teams are playing division 1? If everything is the same then shouldn’t there be as many girls from New Hampshire playing division 1? Are there? Is there a list somewhere by state to see and what club and where the division 1 players are from over the last few years? Thanks.
                                There's just more in MA. The lineups are deeper so players 5-15 are better, but players 1-4 are more closely aligned.

But, from the opinion of the other poster, if you are currently at Seacoast then you can't compete in MA anyway....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X