Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So u are stuck with the rest of us pay to play schlubs. Dis funded academies all you want but it they are the only way some players could ever train (even if play time is limited) in such a ridiculously pricy league.

Go to the girls showcase where it is all pay to play if you want to see a bunch of affluent talent (with a few outliers) play soccer at a fancy tourney.
    When your done b!tching, can you bring me another Modelo when you check on my Enchilada order? Never mind, just make it a to go order cause your boring everyone at the table with your crying and bad service.

Comment

Anyone can window shop, but who is buying?
      Yeah, you're right. Hundreds of college coaches will show up from all over the country looking for rosters they are required to fill...but they will all pass and move on to your local high school game instead to find the talent.

Stop being a moron!

Comment

GDA is not BDA in more ways than we can even list.
        Well the difference in financial support given the two leagues dominates the top of the list.

Comment

When your done b!tching, can you bring me another Modelo when you check on my Enchilada order? Never mind, just make it a to go order cause your boring everyone at the table with your crying and bad service.
          Look who's *itchin. A candy azz that can't even get their own beer.

Comment

Look who's *itchin. A candy azz that can't even get their own beer.
            No tip for you. Back to the dishes!

Comment

No tip for you. Back to the dishes!
              I can only imagine how many wait staff may "accidentally" drooled in your order.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. Hundreds of college coaches will show up from all over the country looking for rosters they are required to fill...but they will all pass and move on to your local high school game instead to find the talent.

Stop being a moron!
                They do just as much shopping at ECNL and other events. GDA is not a one stop shopping experience, especially since many great players opted to stay out of that cluster fuk

Comment

As someone fairly new to travel soccer , how does a team sign up for this showcase? Our club hasn’t mentioned one word about this showcase. I saw the list of coaches and I want my kid there

Comment

As someone fairly new to travel soccer , how does a team sign up for this showcase? Our club hasn’t mentioned one word about this showcase. I saw the list of coaches and I want my kid there
                    I don’t think it works that way and your club will never talk about this league unless they were in it

Comment

Go directly to the nearest club with GDA, do no pass Go, do not collect $200.

Comment

lol good one

Comment

I can only imagine how many wait staff may "accidentally" drooled in your order.

Now, now...no time for idle chat when there is a deep fryer needing your attention.

Comment

They do just as much shopping at ECNL and other events. GDA is not a one stop shopping experience, especially since many great players opted to stay out of that cluster fuk

A rational person would stopped right after ...."one stop shopping experience". Showing are butt doesn't help your point. That being said, you are correct and ECNL is and will remain a viable league for college recruiting.

The one thing that DA has that is (in my opinion having had kids in both) over ECNL is fewer showcases and less age division for each in addition to the playoffs and championship. DA has Winter, Spring, Summer and Championship, same dates/places more or less. So in some respects, DA is kinda one stop shopping since coaches know where all those players will be and when.

The ECNL format is a little convoluted when you have SOME east coast teams traveling to the west where most have no interest in playing and few east coast schools travel to because they know there will be another ECNL event on the east coast.

HOWEVER, those east coast teams that went to the west coast (Phoenix) will not be there for the east coast event and lose out on being exposed to colleges they would probably rather be seen by. The reverse is the same for the ECNL west coast clubs.

Then you have the playoffs and the championships another month and another state. To many choices for coaches and teams with risk of being missed if your team is at the wrong one.

Comment

Having to go to any west coast showcase is stupid for most east coast players and vise versa for the west coast players. Enormous waste of time and money for 90 percent. Showcases should be regional and for players that are interested in attending college out of their region should attend id camps at those desired institutions.

Comment

A rational person would stopped right after ...."one stop shopping experience". Showing are butt doesn't help your point. That being said, you are correct and ECNL is and will remain a viable league for college recruiting.

The one thing that DA has that is (in my opinion having had kids in both) over ECNL is fewer showcases and less age division for each in addition to the playoffs and championship. DA has Winter, Spring, Summer and Championship, same dates/places more or less. So in some respects, DA is kinda one stop shopping since coaches know where all those players will be and when.

The ECNL format is a little convoluted when you have SOME east coast teams traveling to the west where most have no interest in playing and few east coast schools travel to because they know there will be another ECNL event on the east coast.

HOWEVER, those east coast teams that went to the west coast (Phoenix) will not be there for the east coast event and lose out on being exposed to colleges they would probably rather be seen by. The reverse is the same for the ECNL west coast clubs.

Then you have the playoffs and the championships another month and another state. To many choices for coaches and teams with risk of being missed if your team is at the wrong one.
                                Very few east coast teams go to Phoenix ( fall is HS season for most there) and they have NJ in May on top of FL in the winter and CA at the end of the year. Frankly its absurd to send all these teams and coaches across country to see each other. Most kids will attend school a half days drive from home and coaches know it. More regional events would give ECNL an advantage because they make sense

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X