•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gda winter showcase

Impressive college coach attendance list

http://www.ussoccerda.com/2018-winte...case-event-hub

Anyone can window shop, but who is buying?

Comment

My kid emailed her choice school on the west coast, they asked for videos and time and field locations sine they are going to be there

The way it works is they scout her then if they like what they see they go from there

Lots of money in girls sports not necessarily going to foreign players

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My kid emailed her choice school on the west coast, they asked for videos and time and field locations sine they are going to be there

The way it works is they scout her then if they like what they see they go from there

Lots of money in girls sports not necessarily going to foreign players
        What age is she Is she old enough for direct communication?

Comment

What age is she Is she old enough for direct communication?
          yup, u-16, actually lots of girls on her team got responses from colleges they contacted asking for info on field location and times....

Comment

yup, u-16, actually lots of girls on her team got responses from colleges they contacted asking for info on field location and times....
            Must be a Junior for the college coach to contact the player for the field location and times. The player can include it in an email but don't expect reciprocation if not a junior.

Comment

Must be a Junior for the college coach to contact the player for the field location and times. The player can include it in an email but don't expect reciprocation if not a junior.
              Not if contact is initiated by player

Comment

Impressive college coach attendance list

http://www.ussoccerda.com/2018-winte...case-event-hub
                My boy was there last week , great organization refs and coach turnout, I’m guessing it will be similar for the girls

Comment

My boy was there last week , great organization refs and coach turnout, I’m guessing it will be similar for the girls
                  Lol. If your son pays to play then yes. If he plays for a funded academy team then any comparison is silly.

Comment

Lol. If your son pays to play then yes. If he plays for a funded academy team then any comparison is silly.
                    I don’t think they have one in south Florida and I’m still at the mind set that playing games against said funded academy competition as opposed to sitting on a funded academy team is worthwhile

Lol

Comment

I don’t think they have one in south Florida and I’m still at the mind set that playing games against said funded academy competition as opposed to sitting on a funded academy team is worthwhile

Lol
                      Didn’t the parkland DOC send his superstar kid to California or somewhere out west to “play” at one of these funded academies? He sat on the bench the whole time , that must have been awesome for the kid

Comment

So u are stuck with the rest of us pay to play schlubs. Dis funded academies all you want but it they are the only way some players could ever train (even if play time is limited) in such a ridiculously pricy league.

Go to the girls showcase where it is all pay to play if you want to see a bunch of affluent talent (with a few outliers) play soccer at a fancy tourney.

Comment

GDA is not BDA in more ways than we can even list.

Comment

Didn’t the parkland DOC send his superstar kid to California or somewhere out west to “play” at one of these funded academies? He sat on the bench the whole time , that must have been awesome for the kid
                            That's because by an large MLS clubs are better than the pay to play clubs. He wasn't good enough. It's also why most of the MLS clubs want out of DA. They're wasting their time playing a lot of these poorer quality pay to play clubs. In GDA it's all pay to play

Comment

So u are stuck with the rest of us pay to play schlubs. Dis funded academies all you want but it they are the only way some players could ever train (even if play time is limited) in such a ridiculously pricy league.

Go to the girls showcase where it is all pay to play if you want to see a bunch of affluent talent (with a few outliers) play soccer at a fancy tourney.
                              pricey league?
                              *** are you taking about, my kid played at pinecrest a couple of years ago and with the club fees and tourney fees etc it was more expensive than a year at gda !!!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X