Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player getting worse

My 11 year old used to be a pretty good player but lately seems to be getting worse instead of better in terms of skill and abilities. Feet are fumbling, slower, movements are uncoordinated. Just downright sloppy. Wife and I are concerned may not be in the right environment. What gives?

That's what the Revs do to a player. Leave or face the long term consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My 11 year old used to be a pretty good player but lately seems to be getting worse instead of better in terms of skill and abilities. Feet are fumbling, slower, movements are uncoordinated. Just downright sloppy. Wife and I are concerned may not be in the right environment. What gives?
      Sounds like an early bloomer

Comment

Not another 11 year old!!!

Comment

Not another 11 year old!!!
          Different 11 year old.

Comment

Different 11 year old.
            Could either be a confidence issue (maybe she's not at the right place) or she's losing interest (it happens, a lot).

Comment

Go see a doctor and maybe a psychiatrist. That's for you. Your 11 yr old sounds hopeless. Nothing can be done other than foster care.

Comment

Could either be a confidence issue (maybe she's not at the right place) or she's losing interest (it happens, a lot).
                It could be one of those mentioned, or as it turned out wirhnmy daughter, very rapid growth spurt. She stuck with it and was back to normal in about a year or two. Definitely a difficult time for her though.

Comment

I watched my 10 year (years ago) go through something similar. However, wasn't floppy, but stopped running and seemed scared to do anything. Then got involved with another sport and loved it and appeared refreshed.
                  It came down to coaching. The soccer coach was a bit excessive and inflexible. The next year was a new coach with a great attitude. Ultimately, however, 4-5 years later came across a not so good coach and eventually went to another sport.

There are a host of reasons why kids appear worse. There are certainly some physical changes (11 is a little young) that can occur throughout. The child might have simply lost interest due to ridiculous coaches and, dare I say, parents.

One thing that is seriously over-looked is the enjoyment part. We are excessive on planned training, practices, games, and tournaments. I have found, for my kids, regardless of the sport, the child just wants to enjoy it. What is missing is the free-time/free-play. This is especially at the younger ages. You might want to try the parent-child free-time-just-have-a-fun-day out on the field...or even elsewhere so that your daughter realizes that her parents are interested in the whole child and not just the one that they are hoping gets some scholarship somewhere.........but this is just my opinion.

Comment

Early bloomer. Other players catching up. Confidence lost.

Comment

What does she think? Is she frustrated, losing confidence? It could be the coaching or she's not on the right level team. Maybe she could some extra work in the back yard, if anything to boost her confidence (there's lots of things on line). Beware that you're entering tricky territory - puberty can start to hit girls this young and soon you'll have giants playing midgets ( nightmare if your kid is a late bloomer), the middle school years are tough regardless, and some kids simply lose interest in things and gain new interest in others.

Comment

Horrifying neurologic disease.
                        Genetics
                        Drugs
                        Pollution
                        Global warming
                        Black crumb cancer
                        Social media
                        Fifa 18

OVER BEARING PARENTS

Comment

Mandatory daily agility ladder and footskills training will help. 2 hours per day before allowing any other activities is the best approach. Your kid will hate you for it now but they'll hate you less later when they are playing on the National Team and making 100k a year.

Comment

Mandatory daily agility ladder and footskills training will help. 2 hours per day before allowing any other activities is the best approach. Your kid will hate you for it now but they'll hate you less later when they are playing on the National Team and making 100k a year.
                            ^^ +1

Hill sprints, with a weight belt, evening heavy weight training - squats and deadlifts after soccer, before bed. When they turn twelve, that’s when you can start withholding food and sleep if they don’t improve. I’d suggest just withholding love and affection while they’re still 11.

“The beatings will continue until morale improves.”
                            - GoodSoccerParent

“It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again.”
                            - GreatSoccerParent

Comment

Lol you all are a bunch of azzholes

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X