Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. Keep paying the $10k per year so you can do to Disney.....all good here in the USA.

I'm guessing you don't handle finances in your household dumbfuk

Comment

That's what's great about the good ole USA. Free market system. I can choose to spend my money any way I want. You are free to do the same. I appreciate you're worried about my finances, but trust me, I'm good.
      Not good for US soccer though. Elitist sport that prices out a major portion of the population. Enjoy your soccer vacations.

Comment

Not good for US soccer though. Elitist sport that prices out a major portion of the population. Enjoy your soccer vacations.
        Of course none of this is good for soccer. More choices is good for the consumer for sure, but each new super-league just dilutes the talent pool more and more. With costs and travel going up and up, and fun going down, it's no wonder youth soccer participation is declining.

Comment

Of course none of this is good for soccer. More choices is good for the consumer for sure, but each new super-league just dilutes the talent pool more and more. With costs and travel going up and up, and fun going down, it's no wonder youth soccer participation is declining.

you're wife said it was fun going down last night

Comment

Please! You are foaming kool aid at the mouth middle school Dad!

OW older teams just got embarrassed last month at their National event. That’s not appealing to any top player anywhere in the country

The top players from 16-18 in CT don’t play in Portland and your kid isn’t national team material

Congrats on the win against Sporting though
            Not as embarrassed as FSA last year when they visited Portland.

Comment

Both teams have tremendous potential. Next year, they will be bringing up the best players from their satellite branches and other studs who tryout from outside clubs. That’s when it will be game over for the almighty FSA 2007s.
              Yes, and I have tremendous POTENTIAL to win Oscars, Emmys, Nobel prizes, and an NBA championship (and a Golden Boot) ..... let's see how many of them I can collect over my lifetime.

Comment

OK. Not sure we disagree about that. I don't make the system, I just operate in it.

Comment

OK. Not sure we disagree about that. I don't make the system, I just operate in it.
                  You are feeding the system.

Comment

You are feeding the system.
                    Yup. Every time you write a check you're feeding the ugly beast

Comment

I’m not sure that most would disagree.

I’m on the tail end of this with my daughter and I view ECNL and to a lesser extent the DA as a means to an end.

The kids that play in these big national showcase events are playing in front of 100+ college coaches during the course of a long weekend. Sidelines at top level u16 and U17 games are packed. I’d love to stay home but what’s the alternative? She could travel to 13 ID clinics and have the coach say that they’d like to see you in a club setting.

The current system is flawed and not everyone has the means to chase it

Comment

I’m not sure that most would disagree.

I’m on the tail end of this with my daughter and I view ECNL and to a lesser extent the DA as a means to an end.

The kids that play in these big national showcase events are playing in front of 100+ college coaches during the course of a long weekend. Sidelines at top level u16 and U17 games are packed. I’d love to stay home but what’s the alternative? She could travel to 13 ID clinics and have the coach say that they’d like to see you in a club setting.

The current system is flawed and not everyone has the means to chase it
                        She'll probably still have to go to some of those events.

Comment

FSA is a mediocre club with great facilities for average players who have money to burn.

Do not expect engaged coaches who recognize what players need or can do, lesson plans, timely team communication, or camaraderie. Do not expect insightful development of players tactically or skills-wise. The coaches show up, sometimes late, sometimes don't because of other obligations, do their time, and then leave.

Do not expect good results in league play or against strong or moderate Connecticut competition (on those rare occasions that you play local friendlies).

Do expect to have very good fields, a good indoor environment, decent food including hot dogs, and no alcohol except for what you bring in your extra-large "Dunkin Donuts" cup.

If that fits your soccer lifestyle, this is the club for you.

Comment

FSA is a mediocre club with great facilities for average players who have money to burn.

Do not expect engaged coaches who recognize what players need or can do, lesson plans, timely team communication, or camaraderie. Do not expect insightful development of players tactically or skills-wise. The coaches show up, sometimes late, sometimes don't because of other obligations, do their time, and then leave.

Do not expect good results in league play or against strong or moderate Connecticut competition (on those rare occasions that you play local friendlies).

Do expect to have very good fields, a good indoor environment, decent food including hot dogs, and no alcohol except for what you bring in your extra-large "Dunkin Donuts" cup.

If that fits your soccer lifestyle, this is the club for you.
                            This is a puzzling post .... one one hand you reference "lesson plans" which is clearly a DA thing and not a CFC or FSA thing, so it points to OW ..... on the other hand you reference timely team communication and camaraderie which clearly are not OW, and those are hit or miss at CFC and FSA. I give up, which club are you with?

Comment

This is a puzzling post .... one one hand you reference "lesson plans" which is clearly a DA thing and not a CFC or FSA thing, so it points to OW ..... on the other hand you reference timely team communication and camaraderie which clearly are not OW, and those are hit or miss at CFC and FSA. I give up, which club are you with?
                              All coaches everywhere should have the equivalent of lesson plans. The season's practices must be planned to move the players from one level of understanding and play to another. Of course, leave room for including work that is based on observed performance during games. What club are you with that your coaches wouldn't do this (other than FSA, obvs.)?

Comment

It's really not that complex. If your daddy is the coach, then OW is the club for you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X