Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Top it off with the fact that it isn't an easy career for a woman who has a family. Moms still do most of the heavy lifting in family lives. Late nights and weekends spent on the fields isn't very conducive to raising young kids unless yours spouse has a very flexible schedule. Many male coaches get divorced or leave the field as well for something with a more predictable schedule. Every female club coach I knew ten years ago has moved on from club - college coaches, HS coaches + another job, or two not coaching at all.
    Don't overlook that serious female coaches often bypass club and work with collegiate programs. Many athletic directors prefer a female coach for a women's program and plenty throughout New England. You don't have to look to deep to find that is where all the local, female coaching talent goes.

Comment

“Mean, nasty and sarcastic all the time”
      Looks like you found my ex-wife
      I hope she isn’t one of the last few posters...what an unhappy bunch

Comment

Top it off with the fact that it isn't an easy career for a woman who has a family. Moms still do most of the heavy lifting in family lives. Late nights and weekends spent on the fields isn't very conducive to raising young kids unless yours spouse has a very flexible schedule. Many male coaches get divorced or leave the field as well for something with a more predictable schedule. Every female club coach I knew ten years ago has moved on from club - college coaches, HS coaches + another job, or two not coaching at all.
        Don’t women coaches get divorced?

Guess they’re all too busy being tiger moms

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X