Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTUSA/Crusaders club owner on facebook

I need help understanding if other players and or parents have ever encountered the owners of a club team going on facebook and writing for everyone to see that they heard a player on there team (age 11)learned a good lesson because the child was not played. If this has happened to you how did you handle it? I find it appalling that a grown man would pick on a young child via facebook and not speak directly to the parents if they were dissatisfied with how a child is playing especially after paying $1500/yr to play on a club team. Help..

Originally posted by Soccer3 View Post
    I need help understanding if other players and or parents have ever encountered the owners of a club team going on facebook and writing for everyone to see that they heard a player on there team (age 11)learned a good lesson because the child was not played. If this has happened to you how did you handle it? I find it appalling that a grown man would pick on a young child via facebook and not speak directly to the parents if they were dissatisfied with how a child is playing especially after paying $1500/yr to play on a club team. Help..
    Well that's extremely messed up and quit the club and find a new one. Email the president of the club tell him what happened then find a new club.

Comment

I can't believe an "adult" would accuse someone of being a bad coach and going on facebook without signing their name??? Sounds like a bitter parent or another club!

Comment

Im sure after this post, it will be taken down but post the link asap

Comment

The guy's been known to be quite vicious in the past. I for one wouldn't give him any of my hard earned money, or respect, for that matter. There's better clubs out there for your kids, SS Stingrays, Scorpions, or just plain town soccer.

I heard he nearly got thrown on out of the Cape tournament for threatening an opposing coach at a U10 game.

Comment

Ppy43j

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            The guy's been known to be quite vicious in the past. I for one wouldn't give him any of my hard earned money, or respect, for that matter. There's better clubs out there for your kids, SS Stingrays, Scorpions, or just plain town soccer.

I heard he nearly got thrown on out of the Cape tournament for threatening an opposing coach at a U10 game.
            Which coach? Initials only please

Comment

Was this a status update on FB or did they post it on the kids wall? I'd be on the phone with that coach and the president. Was the kid not played an entire game? If they can't get any time at u-11, I'd be going somewhere else anyway.

Comment

It was not a coach but the owner of PTUSA... Initials P.T.. He went onto a parent from the team Facebook page and wrote on her wall for all to see. He specifically named the player and my daughter happened to see the posting. The problem I have is my daughter wants to stay with her friends but I am having a hard time knowing an adult and owner could stoop that low and bash a child on Facebook. The confusion is trying to have my daughter understand the owner of her club team whom she respected should not have her respect and she should try out for a different club.

Comment

Is there any reason not to play a U11 that is acceptable? What if he or she is bad mouthing teammates and has been repeatedly warned? What if they've picked fights with other players in games or practices, and again been warned? I wouldn't have a problem if my child was punished for either of these transgressions, especially if the reasoning is laid out clearly. Is there anything else that is acceptable?

I'm not saying this is the case in this situation. I have no knowledge of what happened. Just wondering what other parents feel warrants benching at this age.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    Is there any reason not to play a U11 that is acceptable? What if he or she is bad mouthing teammates and has been repeatedly warned? What if they've picked fights with other players in games or practices, and again been warned? I wouldn't have a problem if my child was punished for either of these transgressions, especially if the reasoning is laid out clearly. Is there anything else that is acceptable?

I'm not saying this is the case in this situation. I have no knowledge of what happened. Just wondering what other parents feel warrants benching at this age.
                    I'm pretty sure the problem isn't whether the child warmed the bench or not but rather hat the club wonder couldn't call them and say it or say it in person. He wrote it on Facebook. Not only is that rude and disrespectful it's also not business like.

Comment

To my understanding from my daughter it had nothing to do with the child but the parent speaking up for her child when warranted. What ever the case might be it is not appropriate for an adult to bully a young child when the country is trying to teach just that words can hurt. We are trying to teach children not to use Facebook in that manner how does it look when it is an adult and better the owner of a team

Comment

It was not a coach but the owner of PTUSA... Initials P.T.. He went onto a parent from the team Facebook page and wrote on her wall for all to see. He specifically named the player and my daughter happened to see the posting. The problem I have is my daughter wants to stay with her friends but I am having a hard time knowing an adult and owner could stoop that low and bash a child on Facebook. The confusion is trying to have my daughter understand the owner of her club team whom she respected should not have her respect and she should try out for a different club.
                        Luckily it wasnt the owner with US for initials. ; )

PT is passionate, that is for certain and often that passion is VERY misguided. I have heard other stories where he had crossed that line. His lifeline is his reputation so make it clear to him that you are not a fan and will not be referring others. he will back down and see the error of his ways.

Comment

I find this VERY hard to believe. PT is not even the coach of any U11 teams. He might have his flaws, but he adores kids and would never do such a thing.

I have to imagine this might be coming from the CRAZEE parent who stalked across the field at the Andre Cup and argued with TG DURING the game and then pulled three girls off the bench (where they were sitting for a few minutes and didn't start because of lateness).

This is one over-the-top nutjob!!!

Comment

Posting negative comments about any player on Facebook by a coach or club is unacceptable. Not starting U11 players for being late is fine, provided they play. Benching a child without warning because of a crazy parent is not acceptable. Warning the parent that if they are a distraction and keep acting out you will bench their kid, and if it continues then cut them at tryouts is completely acceptable. My daughter had a coach pull the parents together at half time of an tight tournament game explain that if he heard them yelling instruction to the team or negative crap toward the opponents, and he identified the parent, their kid would sit the rest of the game as well as the next. Positive encouragement, fine. Anything else was unacceptable. The loud mouths clammed up real quick.

Again, I'm speaking generally and not about this specific situation. We all should get away from naming names and calling players and coaches out, especially posting anonymously. When a parent comes on to defend their kid and provide contact info, as sometimes happens, they get my full respect.

Comment

It is interesting to me...you go on a website looking for advise and what happens is your receive slams. This has to do with an owner of a team taking to Facebook. Whatever may have happened prior is irrelevant. It is about the way an alleged mature adult handled it by slamming an 11 year old girl on facebook. It is also interesting that you would summarize that I am the parent of the girl this happened to when I just said my daughter is in the midst of trying out for the crusaders(crusaders hire ptusa to coach the younger leagues)and I am in conflict of her playing for a team and owner who handled the situation the way P.T. Did. Leads me to believe the unregistered individual replying either works for ptusa or is P.T.. Obviously I need to work hard at my daughter going with another team and leaving her friends especially due to the replies of this one individual who is most definitely a Ptusa representative. Thank you to everyone else who understood my situation. I only hope other parents reading this understand my concerns. It is not about bashing a team but trying to understand why the owner would go to that length. The right thing to do is for this owner to apologize for his poor judgement call and to gain the respect of the parents back by teaching the kids how inappropriate it is to do what he did.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X