Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's not a working system when you just cut a kid the minute a better one turns up. Where is the loyalty?????????
    Loyalty? This is sports. You know a meritocracy. Loyalty. Ahaha ahaha ha. Have you never played anything competitively???

Comment

My kid got cut from a team after 3 years. As a loyal customer I paid club for training and coach didn't do his job by keeping her with her friends like I expected. Other parents agree with me.
      If it is a competitive team a competitive league with a lot of expense and travel, people expect the club to field the team with the top talent that shows up to try out.

In a lower level, lower cost situation, keeping friends together would be more appropriate.

Comment

It's not a working system when you just cut a kid the minute a better one turns up. Where is the loyalty?????????
        You will find it in exactly the same place where parents who leave clubs the moment they get offered a spot at SUSA.

Comment

Coaches can’t develop players. Kids can play or they can’t play. It’s a joke. A total myth. A pay to play myth. Doesn’t exist in Europe or South America. Only in the pathetic US of A.

Comment

My kid got cut from a team after 3 years. As a loyal customer I paid club for training and coach didn't do his job by keeping her with her friends like I expected. Other parents agree with me.
            If this is travel competitive soccer and you went in knowing that why would you complain about being cut? I'm not saying your daughter is not good enough because I don't know the situation but in a competitive club not everyone makes the team. There are less competitive teams that would never do that but you have to expect less competition.

Comment

Give me a break. Some coaches have a history of being able to produce great players and others have produced none. But the ones that have no track record want to blame everything on every other factor than maybe they aren't doing their job properly. If a teacher has failing classes year after year, look at the teacher not the student.
              A lot of time it's better recruiting than coaching. Some coaches put them selves in a position to coach good players. The really good players have the drive natural athletic ability and coaching is secondary.

Comment

A lot of time it's better recruiting than coaching. Some coaches put them selves in a position to coach good players. The really good players have the drive natural athletic ability and coaching is secondary.
                This is true. Training at SUSA is ok but it is better at town teams like Smithtown where the coaches care about the kids and give them great training at half the cost.

Comment

This is true. Training at SUSA is ok but it is better at town teams like Smithtown where the coaches care about the kids and give them great training at half the cost.
                  So which club or trainer is the best place for development? Not counting Barca/SUSA/EM etc as they just cream off the best from every club without needing to do anything.

Comment

So which club or trainer is the best place for development? Not counting Barca/SUSA/EM etc as they just cream off the best from every club without needing to do anything.
                    Easy, see who has lost the most players to these clubs in the last 5 years and that will give you the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      this is true. Training at susa is ok but it is better at town teams like smithtown where the coaches care about the kids and give them great training at half the cost.
                      lmfao

Comment

It’s the American way. Hold someone else accountable for your failings.

Comment

Why do they have to be loyal to you? It's a BUSINESS. The better their teams do the more customers they keep and attract. Accept that reality and it will make the remainder of your child's years in sports much easier.

If they were cut that means they were a benchwarmer. Find one where they'll be a starter. That is what they need to improve, NOT Sitting on the bench watching their friends play. If they were only playing because of friendships then they wouldn't have made it past middle school. It only gets harder and mental fortitude starts to matter much more than it does when they're younger.

Comment

this! Top players make themselves that way - they put in the extra effort away from their teams without even having to be pushed out into the backyard. They have the drive. Even a highly skilled athlete can rely on innate skills for so long, The effort has to be put in. Coaches can help motivate and teach some skills, but they only have kids for so many hours a week. Parents think practicing a few hours a week and 1-2 games on the weekend will produce top D1 players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X