X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://wpuknights.com/sports/2014/1...ab=damazofield

For the time being until PAA/OSAA kick us out due to no in person classes this Fall we are still here for a little longer, forget about the fires next door. Pandemic fun.
    My 5 year old and I walk the neighborhoods during my son’s practice at PAA. Lots of families around. Anyway, tuition is $160 month. Includes 2 outdoor trainings and optional zoom trainings. Also, a few kids want more outdoor training and join other age groups as well for free. Also, access to semi private lessons at PAA, usually about $25 hour with a couple other kids if you want. Practices focus on fitness, ball control, and they just added passing drills. Semi privates focus on shooting. I think being a smaller club has allowed SCA to continue to thrive during the pandemic. It’s been a good experience this summer. Maybe my kid will burnout in the next few months due to lack of games, we will see.

Comment

My 5 year old and I walk the neighborhoods during my son’s practice at PAA. Lots of families around. Anyway, tuition is $160 month. Includes 2 outdoor trainings and optional zoom trainings. Also, a few kids want more outdoor training and join other age groups as well for free. Also, access to semi private lessons at PAA, usually about $25 hour with a couple other kids if you want. Practices focus on fitness, ball control, and they just added passing drills. Semi privates focus on shooting. I think being a smaller club has allowed SCA to continue to thrive during the pandemic. It’s been a good experience this summer. Maybe my kid will burnout in the next few months due to lack of games, we will see.
      Without any bona fide club soccer available with coaches, teammates, leagues, tournaments & training. In the short term paying a fee to be on an outdoor field with camp counselor's leading exercises (SCA) is really about the best you can do in phase 1 in the tri county area. Sadly, all the schools in Oregon are being forced to shut out any outside clubs from using their fields due to the OSAA ban on Fall Sports with a postponed new start date of hopefully December 28th. Having reckless & criminal protesters migrate next door is a bit concerning though. Hopefully they still can fund the police and get them outta here.

Comment

other than being next door.

With all due respect, East Precinct is 6 blocks east of PAA and several blocks south. There is a hospital and a mall in between. Are you also suggesting that SCA practices at 11:30 pm because most of this happens in the overnight hours.

Comment

With all due respect, East Precinct is 6 blocks east of PAA and several blocks south. There is a hospital and a mall in between. Are you also suggesting that SCA practices at 11:30 pm because most of this happens in the overnight hours.
          It's exactly where we walk to the atm to get cash to pay these cash only ex pats.

The more you know.

Comment

To be fair east county could use a cleanse burn anyway

Comment

It's exactly where we walk to the atm to get cash to pay these cash only ex pats.

The more you know.
              Nobody is making you do SCA or private training or whatever you are doing. If you are so scared stay home or get cash at an atm where you feel safer. Maybe move to the suburbs?? Seems like city life is too stressful.

Comment

Nobody is making you do SCA or private training or whatever you are doing. If you are so scared stay home or get cash at an atm where you feel safer. Maybe move to the suburbs?? Seems like city life is too stressful.
                Myself like many others just wish they would get rid of the cash only policy.

Comment

Myself like many others just wish they would get rid of the cash only policy.
                  Literally every other club takes cards. Seems like the only reason a club wouldn’t take cards would be if they were pocketing cash and not claiming it for taxes. Shady.

Comment

Literally every other club takes cards. Seems like the only reason a club wouldn’t take cards would be if they were pocketing cash and not claiming it for taxes. Shady.
                    Exactly.
                    My kids are getting twice a week in person for less than $160 a month and we don’t have to drive to the ghetto and pay hucksters.

Comment

Exactly.
                      My kids are getting twice a week in person for less than $160 a month and we don’t have to drive to the ghetto and pay hucksters.
                      "ghetto". Could you be more racist or judgmental?

Comment

Of course SCA takes cards just like every other club. Do you seriously have nothing better to do than bad mouth clubs during COVID? Shame on you.

Comment

Of course SCA takes cards just like every other club. Do you seriously have nothing better to do than bad mouth clubs during COVID? Shame on you.
                          I didn’t mention SCA in my post. Just voicing my opinion to a previous poster that said they wish they didn’t have to pay cash for trainings. Simply letting them know others take cards and it would be concerning for a club not to.

Comment

I didn’t mention SCA in my post. Just voicing my opinion to a previous poster that said they wish they didn’t have to pay cash for trainings. Simply letting them know others take cards and it would be concerning for a club not to.
                            Cash payments? Keep smoking the good stuff people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X