Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubtful any Fall Soccer in Oregon (Club or HS)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think most folks are realizing that 99.99% of us will be fine and its' time to get on with life.
    That's the bottom range of IFR. In all likelihood, more than that would die, and a much bigger percentage would be hospitalized.

Grow up and learn basic math.

Comment

Over 500,000 people crammed into restaurants, bars, and concerts at Sturgis. No masks. No social distancing.

Over 70 people have been diagnosed with covid as a result. Two people had to be hospitalized but have since been released. Devastating and heart breaking. This could have been prevented.

Just think of the ten's of thousands from Sturgis that might have it and have no symptoms. Makes me dizzy thinking about it. If they aren't careful they will could hundreds of thousands who will then infect millions. Those millions could then infect tens and hundreds of millions. What's next, billions?

We could all wind up with covid19. Where are we then?
      This could be interesting.

Comment

Sturgis is attributed to more than 100 cases in 7 states. OK saw an uptick of 500 cases in the 3 weeks after Trump's maskless event.

Comment

Sturgis is attributed to more than 100 cases in 7 states. OK saw an uptick of 500 cases in the 3 weeks after Trump's maskless event.
          100? Scary. If each of those infect 25 people who infect 25 people and this goes on, we could all have it by October.

Comment

Nobody that I know who has tested positive has had any symptoms. If we all get it but have no symptoms ever, is that bad?

Comment

Nobody that I know who has tested positive has had any symptoms. If we all get it but have no symptoms ever, is that bad?
              As long as there were no other long term effects, of course it wouldn't be bad.

But we already know that people develop symptoms, and some of those go to the hospital, and some of them suffer morbidity and/or mortality.

So I'm not sure what brand of fantasy you're engaged in.

Comment

Most of the people who get sick are very elderly. Others are obese, have pre-existing conditions, and are general unhealthy. About 60% of the deaths attributed to covid are from elderly in nursing homes.

It is very, very rare for someone to get sick from this that is in generally healthy condition.

So if you are obese, have emphysema, cancer..etc, then you should really stay home for the next 3-5 years.

Comment

If they hadn't known they were positive they could have easily spread it to others. That's why it's important that non symptomatic people know, to prevent giving it to others. Also, some people who test positive are what's called pre-symptomatic - they actually come down with symptoms close to getting tested. People who have symptoms carry more viral load and are even more likely to infect others. Like with the flu you are very contagious 24-48 hours before symptoms appear, but you have no idea you have it.

Obviously you shouldn't get tested if a cashier at your local grocery store tests positive. But if your spouse or kids do, or a coworker you sit near? Any prolonged close exposure should be tested, regardless of the presence of symptoms. I'd feel terrible if I gave to someone else and they became very ill.

Comment

Most of the people who get sick are very elderly. Others are obese, have pre-existing conditions, and are general unhealthy. About 60% of the deaths attributed to covid are from elderly in nursing homes.

It is very, very rare for someone to get sick from this that is in generally healthy condition.

So if you are obese, have emphysema, cancer..etc, then you should really stay home for the next 3-5 years.
                    It's actually 40% are nursing homes. Tens of millions of Americans have underlying conditions that make them vulnerable, not just age. How long are tens of millions and all the nation's elderly supposed to stay home?

Get community case numbers down and the risks for all of those groups goes down with it. They obviously still need to take precautions (masks, hand washing etc) but maybe they can start to live a little more normally, which in turn helps the economic recovery.

Comment

So, if pre-existing conditions have to do with life choices, we are supposed to give up our lives for the people who make bad life choices?

Comment

So, if pre-existing conditions have to do with life choices, we are supposed to give up our lives for the people who make bad life choices?
                        Yes in fact you are.

It is not a crime to like fast food and candy bars. Someone who is overweight and has diabetes is just as valuable as a stuck up health nut who run iron mans and marathons.

The rest of us have to shut down our Sunday when you run your portland marathon through our neighborhood. The least you can do is reciprocate now.

Comment

Yes. That’s called being a decent human being. Look on the Facebook page called Covid-19 Long Haulers and then take your garbage talk about how the healthy folks do just fine elsewhere.

Comment

Yes in fact you are.

It is not a crime to like fast food and candy bars. Someone who is overweight and has diabetes is just as valuable as a stuck up health nut who run iron mans and marathons.

The rest of us have to shut down our Sunday when you run your portland marathon through our neighborhood. The least you can do is reciprocate now.
                            Just because you are really old and in a nursing home doesn’t mean you should die.

Just because you enjoy Taco Bell and hot dogs and soda doesn’t mean you should die.

Comment

I’m willing to shut down everything for 5-10years to protect the weak and obese.

I’m somewhat obese myself and still smoke so I’m will to sacrifice for others.

Comment

I’m willing to shut down everything for 5-10years to protect the weak and obese.

I’m somewhat obese myself and still smoke so I’m will to sacrifice for others.
                                Every once in awhile I miss a cigarette; more often I miss a cigar.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X