Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will high school soccer be cancelled/postponed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what you mean

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if you know much about the vaccine development process you might really question the efficacy of a rush job. So they push something out that has maybe a 30% efficacy rate, then what? Are we going to require that everyone take an "experimental" drug that possibly acts on their DNA?
    I simply referenced some information from a NY Times column.

Curious as to why you think this is a rush job? There are 254 therapies and 95 vaccines related to Covid-19 being explored. SARS and MERS are caused by coronaviruses so there has been research ongoing. SARS and SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, are about 80% identical. Seems like we have a head start. Personally I am routing for the science guys on this one, bring it home and stick me in the arm with a vaccine.

Comment

I simply referenced some information from a NY Times column.

Curious as to why you think this is a rush job? There are 254 therapies and 95 vaccines related to Covid-19 being explored. SARS and MERS are caused by coronaviruses so there has been research ongoing. SARS and SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, are about 80% identical. Seems like we have a head start. Personally I am routing for the science guys on this one, bring it home and stick me in the arm with a vaccine.
      Typical vaccines take 10-15 years to develop and test, assuming they actually create one.

Look up RNA therapy. I just found a site called "massive science" that gave a great description of RNA therapy. Kind of scary. Reprogramming your body.

I will be hiding over here in my basement while they are passing those shots out. Hope it works out for you but I will pass.

Comment

As long as there are rioters in the streets, anti-maskers, and the 16-25 year old crowds continue to run around together without a care in the world, there will be no high school soccer, or any college sports for that matter. Most likely not until 2023 or later.

Comment

ok

Typical vaccines take 10-15 years to develop and test, assuming they actually create one.

Look up RNA therapy. I just found a site called "massive science" that gave a great description of RNA therapy. Kind of scary. Reprogramming your body.

I will be hiding over here in my basement while they are passing those shots out. Hope it works out for you but I will pass.
          OK have fun

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a shot containing engineered genetic material. It is organic and simply nothing dangerous about modifying DNA.

I am hoping it is mandated for all Americans. Selfish people who refuse are the bad guys here. I hope there are criminal penalties for those who refuse or at least a method to arrest them and force them be injected.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a shot containing engineered genetic material. It is organic and simply nothing dangerous about modifying DNA.

I am hoping it is mandated for all Americans. Selfish people who refuse are the bad guys here. I hope there are criminal penalties for those who refuse or at least a method to arrest them and force them be injected.

There is some concern that the administration is trying to rush the vaccine for political reasons. I'm no anti vaxxer, but I want the doctors to get it right.

Comment

I just went by a baseball field. Three games going on. Parents are sort of spread out but there were hundreds of them. Overflow parking on the side streets.

This makes me really happy to see.

Time to get back to life. Can’t give up our lives for a flu.

Comment

yes you can and some are

I just went by a baseball field. Three games going on. Parents are sort of spread out but there were hundreds of them. Overflow parking on the side streets.

Yes you can give up your life for the flu just ask the 142,000 Americans that have died this year (today 528), oh wait you can't ask them they are dead.

The outbreak in Florida (today numbers 10,000 new cases and 93 new deaths) have been attributed to young people spreading the virus and passing it to other.

I am sure they are enjoying baseball, I hope they are because others may pay for it.

Honestly sports are that important ? It is a game.

Comment

Great to hear. I think the deaths are highly over reported. Hospitals get a covid supplementary payment - look-it up in the cares act. Someone died from a head injury. Apparently he also had covid but no symptoms. Covid death. Hospitals are empty so they are in need of revenue.

Comment

The mental health damage being done to kids is immeasurable. Especially on the lower income kids.

Comment

The mental health damage being done to kids is immeasurable. Especially on the lower income kids.
                        What about granny? Isn’t she more important. She is 92 and could easily DIE from this.

Comment

Great to hear. I think the deaths are highly over reported. Hospitals get a covid supplementary payment - look-it up in the cares act. Someone died from a head injury. Apparently he also had covid but no symptoms. Covid death. Hospitals are empty so they are in need of revenue.
                          This is ruining people’s lives. Our economy will be destroyed if we don’t open back up. The loss of life would make this virus look like nothing.

Comment

I don't think many people will really understand the mental health toll this is taking on a lot of kids. Stress at home because parents have lost jobs. Serious negative effects can happen in those circumstances. Some of these kids live in very small houses and share a lot of space with others. They are segregated from their peers. Many of them are developing terrible habits staying up late, staying in bed all day and spending 12+ hours on video games or social media.

The initial shut down made sense for a short period. But if we haven't squashed this by now, after months of shut downs and masks, then we might never.

Comment

I agree

I don't think many people will really understand the mental health toll this is taking on a lot of kids. Stress at home because parents have lost jobs. Serious negative effects can happen in those circumstances. Some of these kids live in very small houses and share a lot of space with others. They are segregated from their peers. Many of them are developing terrible habits staying up late, staying in bed all day and spending 12+ hours on video games or social media.

The initial shut down made sense for a short period. But if we haven't squashed this by now, after months of shut downs and masks, then we might never.
                              Is Covid 19 natural selection for the US? Either you have the genetics, self discipline, and individual intelligence to survive or you don't. The cases / deaths in Florida and other hot spots don't lie. If we open up how many deaths are you ok with ?

Comment

All the kids I know of have been, biking, hiking, playing games, hoops, baseball, soccer practice. Other than wearing masks, life seems pretty good and normal for kids in Oregon. A few sacrifices to keep safe the 40% of 21 and older with underlying conditions doesn’t seem to bad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X