X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree.

I live near one of the fields they rent so I'll likely sign my kid up for the summer camp and then see if the fall programs make sense.
    It worked well for my kids in the winter when club practices are pretty light

Comment

It is ridiculously overpriced for 55 minutes of training. That's why they accept everyone, majority walk away after the sticker shock.
      No session I have ever attended is 55 minutes. They are at least 1.5 hours and worth it.

Comment

No session I have ever attended is 55 minutes. They are at least 1.5 hours and worth it.
        You could have saved all that time and all of that effort if you simply got your kid onto a club team that ran decent practices. Running little kids ragged 8 days a week is a recipe for disaster and a crappy childhood that you will both regret. They need time to play with their Barbie's and ride bikes too ..... So do your daughters.

Comment

You could have saved all that time and all of that effort if you simply got your kid onto a club team that ran decent practices. Running little kids ragged 8 days a week is a recipe for disaster and a crappy childhood that you will both regret. They need time to play with their Barbie's and ride bikes too ..... So do your daughters.
          Field players, yes definitely. GK training though was worth it. Most town clubs do not have a GK trainer and parents need to pay for outside training.

Comment

not the poster and that would be the ideal, but sometimes local club options are limited.
            Most clubs practice are only 1-2 times during the winter so that's a good time to do it; I agree in season you have to be careful about burnout.

My kid wanted to do it to improve, and they did, and got onto a better team the next tryout season.

Comment

Bottom line it used to be excellent. Now it’s a money grab. Girls think it’s prestigious and get decked out in the gear whenever possible. It has turned into a joke. But most parents don’t know the difference and do whatever it takes to get their daughters more and more touches rather than focus on less frequent higher quality sessions.

Comment

Bottom line it used to be excellent. Now it’s a money grab. Girls think it’s prestigious and get decked out in the gear whenever possible. It has turned into a joke. But most parents don’t know the difference and do whatever it takes to get their daughters more and more touches rather than focus on less frequent higher quality sessions.
                They have multiple locations, as in your experience at one location may vary from another.

Comment

I seriously doubt the NCE template has changed since "it used to be excellent." JC is pretty focused on ensuring his product is consistent. Of course, coaches come and go and perhaps you had a preferred coach. Regardless, the training is good and (at least on the boys side) no one cares about the gear. Furthermore, their regular sessions are once a week...how is that too frequent?

Comment

the NCE kids show up at every tryout decked out thinking it gives them am edge.

Comment

John Curtis is never around his NCE program. Someone will come in and do the same thing as he does and good bye NCE

Comment

This is correct. JC will take a huge hit with former employee about to take over his players. This is funny

Comment

Isn’t that AOs players first camps?

Comment

This is correct. JC will take a huge hit with former employee about to take over his players. This is funny
                            Who left?

Comment

The people who do these programs now desperately want their kids to be top players and think this is the pathway. Most of them have no clue what is going on out there or what it takes.

Comment

The people who do these programs now desperately want their kids to be top players and think this is the pathway. Most of them have no clue what is going on out there or what it takes.
                                Most just want some quality extra training that some of these fraud clubs aren't providing

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X