Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mac and Pachuca are local community clubs that supplied discovery attendees. Stop being a D Bag..
    Timbers, to their credit, do try and cast a wide net, not just to the Alliance teams.

Of course, there are a few local clubs who would rather the Timbers stay the hell away from "their" players. But the "local community clubs" generally don't act that way.

Comment

Back to the OP. Who has the best team? Best players at positions? Rank them (premier gold level) then if any premier silver if they are top 10 add them to the list.

Comment

Back to the OP. Who has the best team? Best players at positions? Rank them (premier gold level) then if any premier silver if they are top 10 add them to the list.
        1. FCSC
        2. PCU Red
        3. FC Portland
        4. WA Timbers
        5. Corvalis
        6. Westside Copa Red
        7. Soccer Chance Academy
        8. THUSC
        9. Eastside
        10. ADF
        11. Timbers Discovery Program

I know you mentioned that you wanted to show some teams from the Prem Silver division some love, so I included the discovery program to make it a top 11.

Comment

Wrong-- the TA discovery staff evaluators said no such thing about our kids trying out with their former home clubs. We like many discovery attendees are looking at other strong local clubs to join for next year and have registered with them for tryouts or placement eventually. We are not interested in returning to our former community club going forward, where do you come up with your BS? Specifically making a claim that TA discovery staff observers are now telling us to stay and tryout with 'x' club, seriously you need to stop your foolish posts. It's not fair to the TA staffers and it's pure nonsense.
          Not sure what kind of misdirection a few people on here are angling for...

It's understood that the
          1. US Soccer DA has folded.
          2. Timbers Youth programs will not extend to 08 Birthyear anytime soon
          3. Now is the time to register with a local club(s) for future team placement
          4. Teams are not being formed by the Timbers for the 08 Birthyear
          5. You can learn all of this without ever talking to a Timbers Staffer.

Be well & Be Safe.

Comment

Not sure what kind of misdirection a few people on here are angling for...

It's understood that the
            1. US Soccer DA has folded.
            2. Timbers Youth programs will not extend to 08 Birthyear anytime soon
            3. Now is the time to register with a local club(s) for future team placement
            4. Teams are not being formed by the Timbers for the 08 Birthyear
            5. You can learn all of this without ever talking to a Timbers Staffer.

Be well & Be Safe.
            Here is info from a real source. Guess you were wrong on each point.

https://news.yahoo.com/mls-fill-yout...234003421.html

Comment

Here is info from a real source. Guess you were wrong on each point.

https://news.yahoo.com/mls-fill-yout...234003421.html

Portland has no u13 team in the new youth setup.

You're stuck reading random covid pressers online that feed your grip on reality. That's not wrong, it's just hilarious.

Comment

Portland has no u13 team in the new youth setup.

You're stuck reading random covid pressers online that feed your grip on reality. That's not wrong, it's just hilarious.
                Article clearly states U13. TA coaches stated there would be a team once MLS gave more info. Now, in two day, MLS produced a list of teams as well as age groups. These are verifiable facts. What empiric data do you have to support your assumptions?

Comment

Article clearly states U13. TA coaches stated there would be a team once MLS gave more info. Now, in two day, MLS produced a list of teams as well as age groups. These are verifiable facts. What empiric data do you have to support your assumptions?
                  https://theathletic.com/1812030/2020...ving-91-clubs/

True. 08 will have a team. Timbers will put info out soon that will squash these negative posters. But, then they will go back to complaining about how the program "sucks".
                  LOL.

Comment

https://theathletic.com/1812030/2020...ving-91-clubs/

True. 08 will have a team. Timbers will put info out soon that will squash these negative posters. But, then they will go back to complaining about how the program "sucks".
                    LOL.
                    Word direct from Timbers.

No 08 team. Discovery trainings on the docket.

Older teams u15 & u17 yes and will not resemble former teams.

U19 team tba.

Go to the source if you want clarity, avoid generic hyper links.

Comment

Word direct from Timbers.

No 08 team. Discovery trainings on the docket.

Older teams u15 & u17 yes and will not resemble former teams.

U19 team tba.

Go to the source if you want clarity, avoid generic hyper links.
                      Can you send me a link to your info? Or was this strictly between you and a secret Timbers staffer?

Comment

Can you send me a link to your info? Or was this strictly between you and a secret Timbers staffer?
                        No, but why don't you send me the link to the Portland Timbers 08 team.

I will wait til 2022, like everyone else.

Comment

No, but why don't you send me the link to the Portland Timbers 08 team.

I will wait til 2022, like everyone else.
                          There aren't links to ANY Portland Timbers academy teams for the upcoming season.

(Indeed, the Timbers do a piss-poor job of maintaining the Academy homepage on their own website).

Whether or not there will be a U13 academy team, I've no idea. Rather than claiming secret knowledge or inside information, I'll just wait for the announcement like everyone else (who doesn't have a kid participating in the program, especially).

Comment

There aren't links to ANY Portland Timbers academy teams for the upcoming season.

(Indeed, the Timbers do a piss-poor job of maintaining the Academy homepage on their own website).

Whether or not there will be a U13 academy team, I've no idea. Rather than claiming secret knowledge or inside information, I'll just wait for the announcement like everyone else (who doesn't have a kid participating in the program, especially).
                            Indeed, the homepage of the TA website appears to not have been updated since 2012:

https://www.timbers.com/academy/port...-youth-academy

Comment

It's no secret they don't have an 08 Team.

If you have secret knowledge they do have an 08 team. Shame on you, you...Secret Agent.

I don't need an announcement to tell my they have no team, it's already a fact.

Comment

It's no secret they don't have an 08 Team.

If you have secret knowledge they do have an 08 team. Shame on you, you...Secret Agent.

I don't need an announcement to tell my they have no team, it's already a fact.
                                They've never had U12 teams; this past season the 08s were U12s. Duh.

They've had U13 teams for three years now, starting with the 05s. For two of the past three years, the TA U13 and U14 teams competed in the Seattle DA league. When that went away, those age groups this past season (06 and 07) went to a "training and scrimmage" program.

What will happen next year, I don't know. The 08s will be U13s, and the new MLS academy platform goes down to U13. Whether clubs are required to field teams at every age group, or not, I don't know. Whether the Timbers will have a U13 team next season, I don't know either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X