Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubtful any Fall Soccer in Oregon (Club or HS)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further lock downs or not opening everything fully will destroy our economy. It’s barely hanging on now thanks to trillions from sba.

Comment

If we would’ve locked down everything for three weeks, everything, we might have contained this virus. But we didn’t and it’s out. Nothing anyone can do now short of a full lock down for a long time which would destroy our economy. No way to contain it now. The half measures in place now are just going to drag this out for years. All or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You might be the dumbest guy in here. Congrats.
        Name one factual inacuracy. One.

The "rip the band-aid off crowd" can't do math. They can't give an accurate definition of herd immunity. They refuse to deal with reality.

They're morons.

Comment

Further lock downs or not opening everything fully will destroy our economy. It’s barely hanging on now thanks to trillions from sba.
          The economy won't come back unless you crush the virus. You're engaging in pretend time.

The feds need to run a wartime deficit and get the thing under control while supporting people who need it.

Comment

The economy won't come back unless you crush the virus. You're engaging in pretend time.

The feds need to run a wartime deficit and get the thing under control while supporting people who need it.
            Go back to checking people at at the gas station. You are not smart.

Comment

If we would’ve locked down everything for three weeks, everything, we might have contained this virus. But we didn’t and it’s out. Nothing anyone can do now short of a full lock down for a long time which would destroy our economy. No way to contain it now. The half measures in place now are just going to drag this out for years. All or nothing.
              Get it over with.

Comment

China locked down tight. Going so far as to sealing people’s doors from the outside if suspected of being infected.

They didn’t mess around. One person could leave your house every three days to get supplies and groceries. You violate the lock down and you disappear into their penal system. Police in China are fast, efficient and ruthless.

United States implemented a half lock down. So be it. The virus is here to stay. Better get used to it. Half measures like leaving grocery stores, airports, Walmart and Home Depot open but cancelling in-person high school just means we are going to have a slow drip torture for the next 2-4 years. Get used to it.

We’ll be wearing masks for the rest of our lives in public.

Comment

China locked down tight. Going so far as to sealing people’s doors from the outside if suspected of being infected.

They didn’t mess around. One person could leave your house every three days to get supplies and groceries. You violate the lock down and you disappear into their penal system. Police in China are fast, efficient and ruthless.

United States implemented a half lock down. So be it. The virus is here to stay. Better get used to it. Half measures like leaving grocery stores, airports, Walmart and Home Depot open but cancelling in-person high school just means we are going to have a slow drip torture for the next 2-4 years. Get used to it.

Agreed and kiss highschool and college athletics goodbye until there is a vaccine.

Comment

Agreed and kiss highschool and college athletics goodbye until there is a vaccine.
                    You can't rush a vaccine. I mean, you can rush a vaccine, but the risks are off the charts. Cancel HS, college and pro sports indefinitely. We are in this together people. If we can keep everything closed for a couple of years we have a chance to get this under control.

A real vaccine could take 3-5 years. Hunker down people. This is going to be a long haul.

Comment

We should probably be wearing masks for the rest of our lives in public.

Wearing a mask is not really a big deal. People in many countries have be doing it for years. You don't really hear about them making a big fuss about it. Many Americans have become such whiners. Many of those countries have done well in containing the coronavirus (go figure). Many of those countries have not had to restrict their economies very much, some have not had to lock down at all.

Going forward, I hope that masks become standard in many customer facing roles. I think it's a good idea to have food handlers to wear masks. I think my food tastes better without somebody else's droplets. I think masks on a plane also makes sense. Think about all those droplets in that tube of recirculated air we marinade in during that long flight.

Comment

We should probably be wearing masks for the rest of our lives in public.

Wearing a mask is not really a big deal. People in many countries have be doing it for years. You don't really hear about them making a big fuss about it. Many Americans have become such whiners. Many of those countries have done well in containing the coronavirus (go figure). Many of those countries have not had to restrict their economies very much, some have not had to lock down at all.

Going forward, I hope that masks become standard in many customer facing roles. I think it's a good idea to have food handlers to wear masks. I think my food tastes better without somebody else's droplets. I think masks on a plane also makes sense. Think about all those droplets in that tube of recirculated air we marinade in during that long flight.
                        I think they should have masked flights and masked restaurants for scared people. And the other 95% of the population can go maskless. You might want to research immunology. We evolve and adapt with each other's microbes. You can read up on it.

If we continue to mask, we will become a very sickly species.

Comment

Not Rushing

You can't rush a vaccine. I mean, you can rush a vaccine, but the risks are off the charts. Cancel HS, college and pro sports indefinitely. We are in this together people. If we can keep everything closed for a couple of years we have a chance to get this under control.

A real vaccine could take 3-5 years. Hunker down people. This is going to be a long haul.
                          We are not rushing a vaccine. Covid 19 is related to other Covid viruses so we have big BIG head start on this. Very possible to have a vaccine around the first of the year with global distribution Q1 2021. Very possible. In the healthcare research whelm expected.

Comment

I think they should have masked flights and masked restaurants for scared people. And the other 95% of the population can go maskless. You might want to research immunology. We evolve and adapt with each other's microbes. You can read up on it.

If we continue to mask, we will become a very sickly species.
                            It's a little more complicated than that.

There are many "microbes" that I would prefer never be exposed to, for example hepatitis, herpes, and tuberculosis.

There are many "microbes" (viruses aren't technically microorganisms) that we haven't "evolved" (individuals don't evolve, populations do through selection, AKA death) or adapted to. We have developed vaccines, cures, or treatments for some of these. For others, prevention is the only way. The effects of many of these "microbes" can be quite unpleasant, even deadly. For most infections, prevention is the best way (smallpox, polio, cholera, HIV, etc.).

Oh yeah, these "microbes" are evolving and adapting too. Each new case provides them with further opportunity for evolution.

From an economic standpoint, think of how many sick days and doctor's visits we could prevent if we could reduce the prevalence of the common cold or the flu. One estimate puts the cost at $40 billion. What if we could reduce them just by wearing a silly mask?

Comment

It's a little more complicated than that.

There are many "microbes" that I would prefer never be exposed to, for example hepatitis, herpes, and tuberculosis.

There are many "microbes" (viruses aren't technically microorganisms) that we haven't "evolved" (individuals don't evolve, populations do through selection, AKA death) or adapted to. We have developed vaccines, cures, or treatments for some of these. For others, prevention is the only way. The effects of many of these "microbes" can be quite unpleasant, even deadly. For most infections, prevention is the best way (smallpox, polio, cholera, HIV, etc.).

Oh yeah, these "microbes" are evolving and adapting too. Each new case provides them with further opportunity for evolution.

From an economic standpoint, think of how many sick days and doctor's visits we could prevent if we could reduce the prevalence of the common cold or the flu. One estimate puts the cost at $40 billion. What if we could reduce them just by wearing a silly mask?

You clearly don't understand how microbes and our immune system work. Maybe start with some high school biology classes. I hear you can get them online. Then proceed to study for the next 15 years.

Comment

Who appointed you minister of health. We need a vaccine and we need one now. Russia is already rolling theirs out without full clinical trials. We can't let them get one before us. It doesn't have to be perfect.

The main vaccine targeted would retrain how our cells respond to it. The only danger is that not doing full lab, animal and human testing could lead to a vaccine making the virus worse. Or altering how our bodies work.

We don't have time for the full testing process that we usually use. At this point a "good enough" vaccine within 3-5 years will have to suffice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X